Recent Topics

Ads

Chaos Chosen with Dual Wield

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Azerreth

Re: Chaos Chosen with Dual Wield

Post#11 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:03 pm DW = +10% parry inherent, + suppression = lols and then it all starts to get complex and would require altering core game design.

Conceptually there was a lot of interesting stuff like DW and shield using WP but when it comes to implementation it gets sticky.
But I know you could do it because your a B.A.M.F, and always seem to get cool concepts that otherwise could not be done which is why I love this server. I know it might get sticky but I have 100% faith that "Eventually" (Probably waay way later on) you could take a look at it, and figure something out. But I also understand that there are more pressing issues/fixes/content that is eating up your time, so I guess this culminates in a "Please dink with it when you have time/are able".

Ads
Garrus

Post#12 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:39 pm

Bump?

drmordread
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 pm I will only approve that when my WH will be able to use 2 Pistols or 2H Crossbow, and have one ability to build Finisher with range, till then (probably never) strong and determined NO to Dual Chosen.
My god man ... I think I drooled a bit at the thought of a 2 Pistol ranged ability on a WH that builds finishers
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Skullgrin

Post#14 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 am

Interesting concept, and lore does support chosen dual wielding. However I do have concerns regarding your ideas for implementation. I'll run through your suggestions with my thoughts.

1. 2H Chosen can't block so I see no reason that DW Chosen should be able to - I agree with you there.

2. Weapon speed and base damage would have to be in line with other DPS types, so none of increases you suggested would really work. An additional problem is the fact that DPS classes have less armor, and the only way I can see around that would be a requirement that the Focused Offense tactic be required to be slotted or a similar ability that does the same type of thing. This would increase the damage while lowering armor down to levels similar to other DPS types. Also when considering weapon speed there are Chosen armor and jewelry pieces that can increase this now, no need to add it in.

3. Again, you can't use any of the defensive options currently if you aren't using a shield, and I see no reason this should be changed.

4. If you use renown to max out parry, invest in some Weapon Skill and have the right armor set bonuses you can easily have a base parry of 30-40%. And if suppression is used it raises this by another 25%. So I don't see any real reason to increase this either. In fact it might need to have a slight negative modifier.

5. I'd love to test this type of thing out but I just don't see the real need for it, there's a bunch of other stuff that should have a higher priority. So for a wish list idea yea, just not right now.

As for the abilities you've suggested, I'd really want to see sort of a brainstorming session for other suggestions before committing to anything. Some of them do sound a bit overpowered. But then again, I've never really played a DPS long enough to know what would work and what doesn't.

The really big problem I see would be the animations. I don't think that existing ones would look good due to Chosen armor pieces being quite large, which would cause them to be clipping through each other constantly thus ruining the coolness factor.

Xergon wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 pm I will only approve that when my WH will be able to use 2 Pistols or 2H Crossbow, and have one ability to build Finisher with range, till then (probably never) strong and determined NO to Dual Chosen.

I'd vote for this if it disallowed the use of Witch Hunter CC abilities while using two pistols, I'm getting sick of them pulling the old Stun 'n' Run then Vanish whenever I come across one solo. That way if I catch you without a sword in your hand you die. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Xergon

Post#15 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:46 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 am
I'd vote for this if it disallowed the use of Witch Hunter CC abilities while using two pistols, I'm getting sick of them pulling the old Stun 'n' Run then Vanish whenever I come across one solo. That way if I catch you without a sword in your hand you die. :P

Yeah, sure like i'm gonna fight you right after my Incognito expired from my previous engagement and will fight you infront your keep when i've already spotted couple destro - nope. I know you want free kill and free renown, but you wont find it on me that easy ;).

But sure, its cool idea and i would maybe agree on that just for the appearance and funzies ;)
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

LetsYouDie

Post#16 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:04 am

op orda = "looks like it's working how it's supposed to"(c)
op destro = "NO"
KappaPride
Spoiler:
Ayaya > Not Ayaya

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#17 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:36 pm

The easiest solution for OP would be shield skin that looks like sword, I think on live there was such thing for BO.

oaliaen

Post#18 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Look i found ..
Click here to watch on YouTube

what about dualw Borks ?

Ads
Garrus

Post#19 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 am

Beside a required bump

I figured since I will be returning to the game, I might as well bump this. Now that I know the game is around 11gb I can actually play this on my laptop so its best to nudge this topic once again :P