Recent Topics

Ads

Improve the radius of action on BO

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
notre

Improve the radius of action on BO

Post#1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:17 pm

The actual radius around wich you get inf/rep is 15ft? (more or less),
that's make the people "blobbing" around the flag (afk, less attention).
If you look what players do when they go to any BO, is always the same, they don't stop until they get the "tick" wich is until the flag and stay there looking how beautiful is the pole of the flag,

Making the radius bigger (a lot lot bigger) brings:
- You can get defensive positions <--- Formations
- You can ambush your enemy <----!
- Spread the fight instead of fighting on a 40ft radius (wich turns in "kill or die")
- All that above and you still get the BO inf/rep ticks, wich is what the player moslty is looking for (numbers on the screen)

Sure there are BO where this can't be done due to terrain or proximity to basecamp, but i think this can bring some FUN to the game.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Ads
Darks63

Re: Improve the radius of action on BO

Post#2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 pm

The blobbing is a player issue not a BO radi issue. If you make it bigger players will still afk.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

notre

Post#3 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:45 am

Darks63 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 pm The blobbing is a player issue not a BO radi issue. If you make it bigger players will still afk.
I dissagree.
That gameplay style is "induced" by the radius of the tick. EVERYBODY goes to the flag until they get the tick.
So, for me the "blobbing" is a side effect for having only 15ft to get the inf/rep tick, maybe you call this "player issue", and we can agree, but that issue is induced by the game itself by "forcing" you to get closer to the flag pole.
8x -> Zealot
6x -> Shammy dps
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Fenris78

Post#4 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:27 am

I totally agree with OP ; capturing BO should stay in a tight radius, but holding them (taking ticks bonuses) should allow more placement diversity.

It's a shame to see all those buildings/covers/sniping spots being mostly useless because of radius, not to mention the granted free damages for AoE abilities when retaking any objective...

Darks63

Post#5 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 pm

There is nothing stopping you from getting into those positions other than greed for tiny renown tics.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

adamthelc

Post#6 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:09 pm

They could also just remove the periodic gains from BOs. That would allow you to do whatever you want without fear of missing out on that minuscule gain.

notre

Post#7 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:07 am

Darks63 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 pm There is nothing stopping you from getting into those positions other than greed for tiny renown tics.
ALL is about renown & numbers on the screen:
- That's why people try to reach RR80 as fast as they can
- That's why the Dev's let the RR grow up to 250, to get fashion USELESS items and still people want to get one of those(me included).
- You talk only about renown, sure you have the inffluence bar of all chapters ful,l and you don't need inf for gear or simply because you like to complete all the inf bars.
- And because more freedom/options you have, more fun is the game.

The actual radius is too small, if you move 30ft wich is nothing, you loose the tick while you are still in the BO zone.
At least the BO radius has to be like the place where the BO is placed, so you can move around the bo without losing the tick.

adamthelc wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:09 pm They could also just remove the periodic gains from BOs. That would allow you to do whatever you want without fear of missing out on that minuscule gain.
I hope that is sarcasm or irony...
"that minuscule gain" sometimes is 20 points, wich is more than i get from assisting on kills (sometimes i get only 1 rp/inf, mostly playing healer).

Again, making the BOs radius bigger, brings some other playstyle.
8x -> Zealot
6x -> Shammy dps
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Reesh

Post#8 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:03 am

I agree that is an intriguing concept. Upon bigger radius blob might spread out better in a try to find better hiding spots (making it easier for attackers to deal with).

The fights might occur on bigger playfield, more space to kite and do other stuff combat wise.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#9 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:31 am

notre wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:07 am
Darks63 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 pm There is nothing stopping you from getting into those positions other than greed for tiny renown tics.
- That's why the Dev's let the RR grow up to 250, to get fashion USELESS items and still people want to get one of those(me included).
- You talk only about renown, sure you have the inffluence bar of all chapters ful,l and you don't need inf for gear or simply because you like to complete all the inf bars.

The actual radius is too small, if you move 30ft wich is nothing, you loose the tick while you are still in the BO zone.
At least the BO radius has to be like the place where the BO is placed, so you can move around the bo without losing the tick.

adamthelc wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:09 pm They could also just remove the periodic gains from BOs. That would allow you to do whatever you want without fear of missing out on that minuscule gain.
"that minuscule gain" sometimes is 20 points, wich is more than i get from assisting on kills (sometimes i get only 1 rp/inf, mostly playing healer).

It was being a smartass, but what you brought up is another issue. Healers used to get a ton of renown, now they get none. Maybe that's part of the problem, if people get more renown sitting on a BO than actually playing.

Flavorburst

Post#10 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:04 am

adamthelc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:31 am
notre wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:07 am

It was being a smartass, but what you brought up is another issue. Healers used to get a ton of renown, now they get none. Maybe that's part of the problem, if people get more renown sitting on a BO than actually playing.
Healers still generate renown from healing.