Recent Topics

Ads

Lower renown rank leveling requirements

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
darkhosis

Lower renown rank leveling requirements

Post#1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:33 pm

With somewhat stagnant player base, this could help encourage some new players.

Data could be collected on average renown ranks of active players & then adjust the EXP requirements for lower renown ranks accordingly.

example:

Get median (not mean) renown rank of all 40+ player that played x amt of hours in a month (my initial thought on that would be 60, for ~2 hr a day), & reduce renown rank EXP requirements of all renown ranks that are 10 (conservative -- I'd think it'd better if it was a bit more aggressive -- something like 5) levels lower than this #. Should count any ranks above 80 as 80, since (I think?) no additional bonus is acquired after 80. Renown up to 25 or so is very fast, so possibly the first level this should impact would be 25, 30, something like this.

How much faster? Well, e.g. this level 35 I'm on now, I think it really should be half as much now, since much of the active playerbase (the level 40 accounts) is 40/50 or higher.

Ads
dansari

Re: Lower renown rank leveling requirements

Post#2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:41 pm

I don't like this. Getting to rr50 is actually really easy even if you play casually. RVR renown got a huge boost recently with the cap removed on keep and zone flips. Not necessary imo.
<Salt Factory>

darkhosis

Post#3 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:49 am

By how much? I spent some time running around following the zerg but didn't get a whole lot. Is it 5-10x more?

Uber guild X monopolizing high end content in EQ didn't impact the new players, just the people in, say, almost-uber guild Z, which were also hardcore players & unlikely to quit (from my personal experience, most eventually ended up joining uber guild X and thus anger their "friends" in Z). So the whole gear creep on there wasn't a massive issue. New players could start & advance via the older content w/o being at risk of getting ganked by some other lvl 50 (or 60 or whatever level it finally stopped at in the expansions) that happened to be in this uber guild (and risk the rage quit, giving up, w/e else that associates itself with Warhammer's prolific half a second kills),

Yeah, skill (or reaction times, or having the best mod setup) matters (in WH RV.... err, well, scenarios at least), but the renown ranks and gear means a lot more, assuming both players are at least adequate.

I don't see what the issue would be with increasing the speed of leveling through these RR ranks that are significantly below the median. What's detrimental here? It would always remain an extremely long process to 80, since 80 would be the max level refactored for.

Fallenkezef

Post#4 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:55 am

As a pure casual. Normaly I get a few hours a day to play, I have to say the RR isn't really an issue. I'll get a decent chunk of rvr per night and with it the purple rain and bag roll.

it's the exp required to get from 1 to 40 that I find an issue. I only rolled a new char due to the combo of double exp and being off work last week.

RR is fine tbh, look at exp rates if anything.
Alea iacta est

Ianwrym

Post#5 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:55 am As a pure casual. Normaly I get a few hours a day to play, I have to say the RR isn't really an issue. I'll get a decent chunk of rvr per night and with it the purple rain and bag roll.

it's the exp required to get from 1 to 40 that I find an issue. I only rolled a new char due to the combo of double exp and being off work last week.

RR is fine tbh, look at exp rates if anything.
This. This is my first actual character here, and the rank 30 to 40 grind is pretty rough, especially when quests give you the same amount of exp that killing 3 regular mobs does. I can get renown whenever I want, but...rank 40 seems almost required around here to get anywhere.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:17 pm

What I find silly is, you all enjoyed 3x xp rates during event, which lasted about a week.
Now you only need 3 times the time to get the same xp.
During the event it was easy to rank up chars, so where is the problem to rank up characters the normal way? One week is not much and now it requires 3-4 weeks. Where is the problem?
It's not like you have to take several weeks off to rank up to 40.
Dying is no option.

Ianwrym

Post#7 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:17 pm What I find silly is, you all enjoyed 3x xp rates during event, which lasted about a week.
Now you only need 3 times the time to get the same xp.
During the event it was easy to rank up chars, so where is the problem to rank up characters the normal way? One week is not much and now it requires 3-4 weeks. Where is the problem?
It's not like you have to take several weeks off to rank up to 40.
Because for some of us, especially those of us out PvE grinding our levels because our current timezone and work schedule limits RvR and SC pops...that's 3-4 weeks of grinding -by ourselves-.

If I wanted to spend a month doing mostly singleplayer solo content, it sure-as-sh*t wouldn't be here.