Recent Topics

Ads

Howling Gorge Domination Timer

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aethilmar

Howling Gorge Domination Timer

Post#1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:46 pm

The domination timer for Howling Gorge needs to be changed. I don't know exactly what triggers it currently but you can be losing by less than a keg cap and it will kick in.

Suggested change:
1) Does not kick in until the score differential is at least two keg caps
2) If the other side caps, it stops (just saw this happen where we capped and it kept ticking)

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Howling Gorge Domination Timer

Post#2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 am

And also there is a problem with kegs not being run, after the first one, if one side has dominance in kill scores. I understand the Dom timer is to make long sc's shorter, but if one side has a bad composition (no heals or no tanks), and can not even get one kill, the side that is dominating stops running the keg and concentrates on killing/fighting.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Aethilmar

Re: Howling Gorge Domination Timer

Post#3 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:19 am

I understand that problem too (and have lived it), but as it stands the domination timer kicks in at inappropriate times.

For example, ran into one where we were losing like 50-0 BUT it was five minutes in. So, yeah, we were slowly getting killed but they were having to work for it. A completely valid piece of counter play at that point is to sag back to spawn and have someone slide in behind and run the item ... hopefully twice ... then sag back and defend the drop for the remainder of the SC.

Bottom line is we were not beaten by the enemy, we were beaten by the timer.