Recent Topics

Ads

Craft materials value

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ainu

Craft materials value

Post#1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Greetings! I want to discuss important things for me, concerning craft.

1. Most of materials derived from butchering have currency value and can be sold to vendors. However, some materials can't. On live all materials from butchering could be sold. Is it bug or feature?

2. All materials from cultivation cannot be sold to vendors at all. It is according to live. But why? Player in-game time has value: you can farm mobs and convert their loot into gold. Time spent on cultivation has its own value too, less than farming mobs, but still above zero. You can say that cultivator can use some kind of automatization by macros, add-on or something. True, but same thing for farming: kotbs can farm by his auras only. If you can earn gold by not clicking on abilities buttons, why you can't earn gold by clicking on craft buttons? And I don't understand why I can't get 1 copper (for example) for 1 resin, instead of destroying it. Cultivation is the only skill which materials cannot be utilized by vendor even for miserable price. Can you explain this inequalities between different craft skills?
Eversong

Ads
Dammy095

Re: Craft materials value

Post#2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:55 pm

you still can sell them to vendor if you drag and drop

Ainu

Post#3 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Thank you very much, I didn't know that.
Eversong

anarchypark

Post#4 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:30 pm

economy, inflation.
cultivating needs kinda zero invest.
no invest, no outcome.

you get ingredients for your little time consuming efforts.
seed with vendor price?
sound like free gold to me.

you can sell seeds at AH btw.
and potions.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ainu

Post#5 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:45 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:30 pm economy, inflation.
cultivating needs kinda zero invest.
no invest, no outcome.

you get ingredients for your little time consuming efforts.
seed with vendor price?
sound like free gold to me.

you can sell seeds at AH btw.
and potions.
Game economy already has inflation, and it solves by new sources of gold outcome. You kill mobs, sell loot to vendor and get unprovided gold. You can spend all your time to farm and increase amount of gold in game with no limits. Auction just redistributes existing gold, and do not produce new gold. The question is, why you can mine unlimited gold from mobs, but cannot mine gold from cultivation? Portion of gold income from cultivation can be ruled by prices and set to minor percent of income from another sources.
Eversong

anarchypark

Post#6 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 pm

farming mobs are investing your play time.
simply put, playing.
cultivating is not.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ainu

Post#7 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:07 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 pm farming mobs are investing your play time.
'Investing play time' is not matter of economy balance at all.
Eversong

Ramasee

Post#8 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 pm

Ainu wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:07 pm
anarchypark wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 pm farming mobs are investing your play time.
'Investing play time' is not matter of economy balance at all.
It actually is. See time is limited and to quote our WoW goblin buddies "I got what you need". Oh wait that's not the right one: "Time is Money, friend".

So cultivating requires the least amount of time to generate ingredients. This is because you can cultivate while doing anything else in the game. Grinding gold from mobs requires your play time; in this time, you are not gaining rp or helping the realm. Also potions are the most consistent form of gold distribution on the AH making cultivating one of the more lucrative gathering professions already.

Gold is generated into the economy by quests (usually kill quests) and mob kills. Gold is removed from the economy when players quit, mounts, keep claims, guild stuff, inventory increases, and other money sinks. Anytime the devs believe too much gold is entering the economy, they can add more lucrative gold sinks.

The short is unless cultivating roots your player and drains your ap for the full duration of the planted seeds, the materials it generates do not need to have a high vendor value (if any).

Ads