Recent Topics

Ads

Renown rewards for killing sub level 40 players

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Azarael

Re: Renown rewards for killing sub level 40 players

Post#21 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:04 am

There is no harm in allowing this topic to be discussed. The point has been explicitly raised that there is a significant proportion of alts among the new players. It is not beyond our power to handle this particular case.

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#22 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:26 am

Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:04 am There is no harm in allowing this topic to be discussed. The point has been explicitly raised that there is a significant proportion of alts among the new players. It is not beyond our power to handle this particular case.
Yeah, I mean maybe someone can chime in with actual numbers, but I would imagine the disparity between the amount of sub 40 characters on fresh accounts and sub 40 characters on accounts that have been around for a year+ is quite high in favor of the alts.

Additionally, it seems to me that even the fresh accounts have a high percentage of people that played on live.

I don't think it's anyone's first rodeo.

Sigimund

Post#23 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:29 am

Looking at the questions in advice this morning, I think this might be the first time some people have played any mmo ever.

Ramasee

Post#24 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:42 am

Oh no, there are quite a few people absolutely brand new to warhammaer online. Return of Reckoning is the first they have played of it.

I think it would be fair to tie RP reward for bolstered players to their total stat allocation. That way new people who do not know how bolster works (and thus are not a threat) aren't worth anything. But the people with full level appropriate gear, talismans, etc that can be a threat are worth something for the effort.

I believe this reward should not go above the reward for killing something like r40/rr30s