Recent Topics

Ads

Guild Based RVR Rewards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Brizio

Guild Based RVR Rewards

Post#1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 am

Ok. So, some of you will agree that what makes a mmo rpg experience great is the group and ppl you play with, right?

In Warhammer we currently have an issue that is... too many guilds with few players in it. Those small guilds recruit new players that end up playing by themselves and eventually quit the game. Also, the veteran/elitist guilds dont share the knowledge with the new players (im in one, kinda) and keep beating the crap out of them (mostly in SC) till they quit. Hey, no game is good if you keep losing all the time.

My suggestion is to create a "guild contribution pool" (or maybe alliance) for a new roll. This roll will reward the players of the winner(s) guild(s) with a RvR set (armor set or jewel set, dont know).

Important:
1 - Set will be bound to the guild and players wont be able to use the items if they leave guild;
2 - The reward must be better then the common roll one, or there is no point in doing it;
3 - The ammount of bags should be affected by AAO. The idea here is not to "reward the zerg".

Lets stimulate the Guild Pride, show the numbers! Lets reward those big guilds that work hard to get ppl together. Ppl that keep this game going... i think they deserve that!

Sorry about the lamme english,
PEACE!

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: Guild Based RVR Rewards

Post#2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 am

There are commands in rvr to involve your guild :)

Glorian

Post#3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:29 am

Getting the players into bigger guilds is allways good.
So far several incentives have been done to push it:

-Sewer Quests could be taken in Guild hall.
-CH22 PQs require a bigger guild, alliance, or a background of befriended groups.
-Sponsoring a Keep take and take that keep.

While I like your idea I think that would benefit the most a big guild group go would be some guild banners with the basic buffs or the Renown buff.
People wake up on RoR if there is a way to get more or easier Renown. Someone with a guild banner which gives boni only to guild members could be an incentive.

...or it will lead to 20 people running in the lakes, each one with his own 2 men guildbanner. :)

Brizio

Post#4 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 am

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 am There are commands in rvr to involve your guild :)
Commands?

Brizio

Post#5 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am

Glorian wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:29 am Getting the players into bigger guilds is allways good.
So far several incentives have been done to push it:

-Sewer Quests could be taken in Guild hall.
-CH22 PQs require a bigger guild, alliance, or a background of befriended groups.
-Sponsoring a Keep take and take that keep.

While I like your idea I think that would benefit the most a big guild group go would be some guild banners with the basic buffs or the Renown buff.
People wake up on RoR if there is a way to get more or easier Renown. Someone with a guild banner which gives boni only to guild members could be an incentive.

...or it will lead to 20 people running in the lakes, each one with his own 2 men guildbanner. :)
Those are good ideas.

But the thing is... you dont really need numbers to acomplish this, i guess. Unless they change the guild levels. Right?

Martok

Post#6 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Brizio wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 amOk. So, some of you will agree that what makes a mmo rpg experience great is the group and ppl you play with, right?

Must resist temptation...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Brizio

Post#7 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm
Brizio wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 amOk. So, some of you will agree that what makes a mmo rpg experience great is the group and ppl you play with, right?

Must resist temptation...
Don't!!!

Sigimund

Post#8 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Best thing is the people, worst thing is the people :)

Ads
dansari

Post#9 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Brizio wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 am
Yaliskah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 am There are commands in rvr to involve your guild :)
Commands?
Just added these to the wiki. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I don't believe the costs are still that high but don't have updated amounts atm.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/index.php/Commands
<Salt Factory>

Brizio

Post#10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:01 pm

dansari wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:05 pm
Brizio wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 am
Commands?
Just added these to the wiki. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I don't believe the costs are still that high but don't have updated amounts atm.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/index.php/Commands
Oh, those commands. Well, they really nice but not really rewards if you have to pay for them!

Also, anyone with money can get that. Why would i join a big guild for it if i can do it on my 3 men guild?