Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Lords

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tscrappy

Keep Lords

Post#1 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:41 pm

I would like to make a suggestion of toning down the keep lords a little. It takes a full 30 minutes to grind them down even with 2 warbands. This is entirely too long.

The doors should be strengthened, once the doors are down the keep lord should be relatively easy to take down. This would do 2 things:

1) With stronger doors the opposing realm would still have time to gather a force and defend the keep. However, the "wait until they break the doors and then we can wipe them on the lord" tactic is getting old. This leads to too many failed attempts, and since it takes so long burning down just one mob (the lord) it is not as much fun as fighting on a keep that has time to build defenders. People give up on taking a keep even when it is not defended because the lord is nigh impossible without huge numbers to kill him.

2) Time sink - Since it takes so long to kill the lord the realm is typically done after one keep. There can be no momentum if the warbands all disband after one keep (not completely disbanded but there is a significant loss of personnel once the keep lord dies).

If keeps could change hands more easily it would liven-up the oRvR zones. Especially since the server does not support a population to have active oRvR all the time.

Love the game!!
Skalathryx - Chosen
Ex. Skalathrax - Chosen - Blackthornes GM

Ads
MedV

Re: Keep Lords

Post#2 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:54 pm

Let me guess you were a part of the Destro wb that wiped in Reikland like 5 times last night. I think the lord health is fine. It regens slow and if you wana speed it up you have to split up to capture BOs.
The King.

soliticks

Post#3 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:56 pm

I agree with this sentiment. It's redundant to say it again at this point, but the current orvr system promotes zerging and discourages strategy.

As it stands, the faction with the higher population will generally hold a bo or two, rank the keep, and send every man in the entire zone to siege. During the keep take itself, all four Battle Objectives are completely ignored. A warband is placed up top to kill the lord, and a warband is placed on the first floor to make an impenetrable funnel defense.

This playstyle means that not a single person in an area ever needs to separate from the ONE unit of players that is out there. Reducing the damage of the Keep Lord, and stressing the importance of Battle Objectives again, would force siegers to balance their forces to retake BO's and boost the mobility of everyone in the zone on both sides.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

MedV

Post#4 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:02 pm

I agree but I believe you only get rr tick when you are actually a part of the keep siege. Sometimes I’ve seen 20k rr when we kill lord and then around 10 when we take zone. It’s hard to get players who want rr to not be apart of the keep siege.
The King.

Onemantankwall

Post#5 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:21 pm

I think keeps need to be more like DAoC keeps where theres more than 2 entrances so the fight is never ending fun, in daoc you can simply put a hole in the keeps wall which allows access another way, here id suggest some kind of ladder system or the likes to discourage door funneling keep sieges are suppose to be chaotic, not 1 side sitting inside a door hole while the lord slowly drops. but idk if anything like that could be implamented
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

tscrappy

Post#6 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:50 pm

MedV wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:54 pm Let me guess you were a part of the Destro wb that wiped in Reikland like 5 times last night. I think the lord health is fine. It regens slow and if you wana speed it up you have to split up to capture BOs.
I was there but that is not my point. It's the same thing every time. I've been a part of several keep takes and they are all exactly the same. No strategy, no point in BOs. Zerg the Lord and pray we have the numbers to kill him. A defended keep should be harder to take than an unprotected one. The doors should be the tough part to pass through, not the Lord's health bar.

Hell I've seen where destro has cleared the keep of order that were defending, got on the lord, only to wipe as order had plenty of time to respawn and come back. Once the defenders are dead the keep lord should be easily killed.
Skalathryx - Chosen
Ex. Skalathrax - Chosen - Blackthornes GM