Recent Topics

Ads

Guild capes!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
soliticks

Guild capes!

Post#1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:40 pm

We were discussing guild hearaldry in our Discord today. It kind of reminded me of my first mmorpg (Knight Online). In this game, guild leaders are able to design a cloak from the game interface that can be seen on all guild members. The GL also uploads an image they wish to the server. As long as the image doesn’t violate the tos, it’s reflected on these cloaks. I just thought it was a cool idea from an old game that maybe ROR players might be into. I’ll attach some examples:

Video Footage (Excuse the quality, fraps wasn't what it is now) :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6n6CV1gleQ
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Ads
randomeclipse

Re: Guild capes!

Post#2 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:33 am

Cool idea

wildwindblows

Post#3 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:47 am

Yak yak yak

doxifera

Post#4 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:38 am

Just check - "Show guild heraldry" on your back slot checkbox

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 am

This is something we already thinked about. Sadly doing it in an automated manner is not possible, and i let you imagine the amount of work it would represent to do it manually. Not saying it will never happen, but understnad we can't actually spend time for this dedicated task.

Technically, a cloak appearance is around 5-10 files for actual guild emblems, The Ror anniversary cloak is 5 files + db changes. No need to say there is no way to limit an appearance to a guild (i we introduce your guild emblems, any other guild will be able to use it too). To summarize, client is not made to host such functionnality atm.

From a lore perspective, we have to follow and respect as much as possible some visual rules, and i'm not sure we all share the same pov about it, then come the point of accepting or not an appearance to fit as much as possible wit hthe lore.

Trismegistus

Post#6 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:41 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 am This is something we already thinked about. Sadly doing it in an automated manner is not possible, and i let you imagine the amount of work it would represent to do it manually. Not saying it will never happen, but understnad we can't actually spend time for this dedicated task.

Technically, a cloak appearance is around 5-10 files for actual guild emblems, The Ror anniversary cloak is 5 files + db changes. No need to say there is no way to limit an appearance to a guild (i we introduce your guild emblems, any other guild will be able to use it too). To summarize, client is not made to host such functionnality atm.

From a lore perspective, we have to follow and respect as much as possible some visual rules, and i'm not sure we all share the same pov about it, then come the point of accepting or not an appearance to fit as much as possible wit hthe lore.
It's quite unloreful to be begin with. If implementation is truly a technical hassle, then there is no need to cut the dev team's teeth over something that'll keep the community entertained for a variable number of weeks at most.
Keep moving beyond the endless, moving darkness

WH (40/61) SM (40/19) KOTBS (37) IB (32) WP (40/28) BG (35) SH (40/49)