Recent Topics

Ads

Healer cap in Sc's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aerogath
Suspended

Healer cap in Sc's

Post#1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:14 pm

hi,
Sc's are getting more and more frustrating lately. That Am's are serious broken is another thing but the problem is that i got tons of Sc's where Order hat 5-6 healer while Destruction had 0-2. This brings nobody any fun because Destruction is staying afk till the end in spawn because nobody wants to give Order free Xp/RR/Tokens.

Thats why i`m making a suggestion to cap the healers in sc`s to 2-3 and that it won`t even start if there are no healers on one side.

Would like to discuss it because if you want to make sometimes a few Sc`s you have to log on order or it will become a waste of time.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Healer cap in Sc's

Post#2 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Aerogath wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:14 pm hi,
Sc's are getting more and more frustrating lately. That Am's are serious broken is another thing but the problem is that i got tons of Sc's where Order hat 5-6 healer while Destruction had 0-2. This brings nobody any fun because Destruction is staying afk till the end in spawn because nobody wants to give Order free Xp/RR/Tokens.

Thats why i`m making a suggestion to cap the healers in sc`s to 2-3 and that it won`t even start if there are no healers on one side.

Would like to discuss it because if you want to make sometimes a few Sc`s you have to log on order or it will become a waste of time.
If you queue for the pug sc/solo, you have to expect to encounter situations that are nothing short of imbalanced.

Wuu

Post#3 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:59 pm

As Order, we get the exact same thing. Just left an SC with 5 Destro healers and 1 Order healer. Pug life.

Noiree

Post#4 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:46 pm

The grass is always greener on the other side. Besides that - coordinated dmg > heal... and pugs rarely coordinate.

Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:03 pm

There are a priority system that favors healers and tanks for puging. Ques could actually be forced so that each scenario contains exactly 2 of each archetype in every group but the team have decided thats a bad idea coz it would lengthen sc que. (I personally would rather have better ballanced scenarios rather then more pops but whatever)

There's also a problem that the ques can't determine if a healer or tank is dps specced or not so it would probobly lead to unballanced groups anyway. (Fix would be a role check ad on like the WoW dungeon finder wich could actually be used to make ballanced open warbands slots aswell but whatever)

Another option would be to remove solo ques completly and force people to make 6man groups to be able to play SC at all (but this would pretty much exclude all lowbies/newbies that doesn't play support classes)

So it's pretty challaging what to do. Personally I would rather see longer ques and better ballanced groups.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#6 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:04 pm

Well... thats the sad reality but thats how it goes and if we folo your logic then no pop will be seen for many hours(especially late night\evening NA) ....

I can tell you this, my own experience as a destro healer, late night NA i solo Q alot and solo heal those sc's 90% of the time. Theres always some shammy\DOK around but they all DPS(loldps!) it really suck but again i rather have those pop than nothing. Thats my point of view as a healer but of course it suck much more if you are a dps or a tank.

** That's why i mostly play my healer NA time**
]

ashton007

Post#7 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:19 pm

This also means you will end up with dps healers only more times than not.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#8 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:54 pm

I would unironically support forcing both sides to have the same number of true healers.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:02 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:45 pm
Aerogath wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:14 pm hi,

If you queue for the pug sc/solo, you have to expect to encounter situations that are nothing short of imbalanced.
Or you know, the team could go back to enforced role distribution que to get balanced scenarios like you had in place before

Even if it comes at the price of longer que times

poffo

Post#10 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:10 am

The biggest probleme in pugs is that the team that looses dont get shait..That is what needs to be fixed..being in a sc fighting your ass off and getting 500 xp and 23 renown and the winning team getting 50k xp and 2500 renown gonna hurt the game alltogather....fix that and it wont be as hard loosing offent due to imbalanced teams...meaning something you cant control.