Recent Topics

Ads

Ideas to make currency less painful

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Valarion

Ideas to make currency less painful

Post#1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

Sadly, a one currency system is not going to work for the reasons discussed (namely certain players stockpiling enough to purchase full sets of newly released gear).

However, consider allowing a lateral conversion from emblems to medallions (or meds to embs) with or without a penalty of your choosing.

I'd also love to see an option where you can transfer said currency to an alt if possible. Similiar to the old school bind on account. This is one good solution to helping those noob chars out even more. Maybe even encourage more alting and less stockpiling to boot?
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
poffo

Re: Ideas to make currency less painful

Post#2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:31 am

+1

altharion1
Banned

Post#3 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 am

One does not simply come onto the official RoR forums and ask for quality of life changes. You go back to your grind, buddy.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

danny262

Post#4 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Valarion wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am Sadly, a one currency system is not going to work for the reasons discussed (namely certain players stockpiling enough to purchase full sets of newly released gear).

However, consider allowing a lateral conversion from emblems to medallions (or meds to embs) with or without a penalty of your choosing.

I'd also love to see an option where you can transfer said currency to an alt if possible. Similiar to the old school bind on account. This is one good solution to helping those noob chars out even more. Maybe even encourage more alting and less stockpiling to boot?
I think that your proposal is great, I'd like to suggest alternative for avoiding the need to pose a penalty for conversations;
Similarly, it can also be achieved by merging tier currencies, allowing basic sets to be achieved quickly and making a new ceiling for end-game gear, regardless of binding.

1 Type Emblems given for battle participation based factor, pricing is not an issue as well as long as it is distributed equally, it could be sold down for Gold, or used to purchase;
Devastator, Annihilator, Duelist, Mercenary, Dominator - set parts for varying prices.
(Annhilator-Dominator would be matched to the same ceiling price) along with all sort of (bound) potions.

1 Type Medallion for advanced gear, outside of PvE gear - offensive builds would aim for, Conqueror, Overlord, Imperator, Vanquisher - set parts at varying prices.