Recent Topics

Ads

DPS DoK WB utility- Essence Lash CD.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Re: DPS DoK WB utility- Essence Lash CD.

Post#11 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:27 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 pm Dps DoK is allready allright for WB play.

You won't see massive amount of kills but you will add good utillity to your warband and especially your group. The warband utillity comes from the AOE healdebuff that is easy aplied with Essence Lash + Devour Essennce at the early engagement.

The group that you're in gains really good AoE heals due to Transfer Essence is used as a filler between Lashes and you're also able to run 2 Covenants due to having 2 doks and a Zealot which should increase your your tanks and 2nd dps slightly. It would be really good if there wasn't the crappy ICD on the Covenants which makes em unable to proc as AoE skills.

Try this build, RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

It's not amazing in anyway, but it's fun to play.

(Rotation) Fell Sacrifice - Devour Essence - Essence Lash - Transfer Essence - Transfer Essence - Essence Lash
As a dps dok though, pretty much the last thing you want to do in pug wb is to get into melee range (and rdps bomb range) of order wb. Transfer Essence won't heal anyone, when you are dead in 3 sec since in pug you won't have a dedicated guard/healer.

On my dok in wb situations I switch to fully rdps mod- Essence Lash spam, with Fist in downtime, and Devour Essence on the right carrier. Khaine's Imbuement is glued in on dok as it is, that tactic is really underappreciated.

When I compare dok to my tank specced magus though, omg magus has so many more options in wb situations. Not even mentioning CC (so many uses for bomb stagger)- while I don't expect being able to stack 5 different sources of aoe in same time on dok like I do on magus, some option for constant aoe pressure in wb situation would be helpful.
I'm afraid you need a leasson how to better understand how warbands function. All dps class in warbands all should be melee oriented and you should have a guarding tank supporting you. This is not just for warband scale but, all dps should be guarded in this game. All damage is ballanced around this. This will reduce the burst damage you take and you will be able to sustain. It also requires tanks to rotate challanges to drop dps burst even more. Just rotating FoK and EL is completly pointless. You deal bad damage and don't do any melee healing. You need to revalue how to play in warbands i'm afraid.
As somebody has already said, you don't seems to have a slightest idea how actual wb pvp in t4 works (pug wbs), do you?

Comes to think of it, I'm pretty sure I also remember chatting in /ad two days ago with Narfzon, who was claiming fun stuff like offhand in dw has a 35% chance to go off. Your toon, looking at signature?

Anyway, as far as wh/we compared to dok go- difference between heal and dps dok isn't same as a difference between 2 trees on we for example. If tomorrow devs added heal tree to we and decided that that is your (perfectly valuable) role in wb- would you be happy about suggestion of "switch to heal spec when in wb if you are we"?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
adamthelc

Re: DPS DoK WB utility- Essence Lash CD.

Post#12 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:27 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 pm

As a dps dok though, pretty much the last thing you want to do in pug wb is to get into melee range (and rdps bomb range) of order wb. Transfer Essence won't heal anyone, when you are dead in 3 sec since in pug you won't have a dedicated guard/healer.

On my dok in wb situations I switch to fully rdps mod- Essence Lash spam, with Fist in downtime, and Devour Essence on the right carrier. Khaine's Imbuement is glued in on dok as it is, that tactic is really underappreciated.

When I compare dok to my tank specced magus though, omg magus has so many more options in wb situations. Not even mentioning CC (so many uses for bomb stagger)- while I don't expect being able to stack 5 different sources of aoe in same time on dok like I do on magus, some option for constant aoe pressure in wb situation would be helpful.
I'm afraid you need a leasson how to better understand how warbands function. All dps class in warbands all should be melee oriented and you should have a guarding tank supporting you. This is not just for warband scale but, all dps should be guarded in this game. All damage is ballanced around this. This will reduce the burst damage you take and you will be able to sustain. It also requires tanks to rotate challanges to drop dps burst even more. Just rotating FoK and EL is completly pointless. You deal bad damage and don't do any melee healing. You need to revalue how to play in warbands i'm afraid.
As somebody has already said, you don't seems to have a slightest idea how actual wb pvp in t4 works (pug wbs), do you?

Comes to think of it, I'm pretty sure I also remember chatting in /ad two days ago with Narfzon, who was claiming fun stuff like offhand in dw has a 35% chance to go off. Your toon, looking at signature?

Anyway, as far as wh/we compared to dok go- difference between heal and dps dok isn't same as a difference between 2 trees on we for example. If tomorrow devs added heal tree to we and decided that that is your (perfectly valuable) role in wb- would you be happy about suggestion of "switch to heal spec when in wb if you are we"?
Is that what happened with the DoK? It was a full dps class and they suddenly added a heal spec and threw it at you?

There is a larger difference in terms of gearing and playstyle, between different specs on a dok. But it is the same thing because it's just a different spec of a class. You dont need to be happy about it.

When you decide to play a healer as a dps I think you need to accept certain drawbacks. You dont have as many mastery trees to be as well rounded, because some of your mastery trees are going to be devoted to healing.

You should expect DPS DoK to be viable. You shouldn't expect the DoK to have everything a full dps class has and still have mastery trees for healing. Dont get mad at me, I didnt design the class and choose for you to play it.