Recent Topics

Ads

2h vs 2x 1h

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Drozen

2h vs 2x 1h

Post#1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 am

Hi first of, big thanks for keeping the game alive and kicking!

Wanna give my 2 cents regarding a thing that has bugged me ever since Live, so here it goes. I play a Warrior priest mainly and have done so since live, I enjoy it and mostly play as Wrath with a hint of Grace. And have always had the feeling that the wrath priest (in my case, Wp's in generall also) never ever really hit as hard as they should, granted we can and do gett some nice numbers once in a while... But then you look at the DoK, using 2x of 1h's getting close to our numbers in hits(and easiely out dps a wp). That buggs me, Not looking for a nerf or anything here for the DoK's "dps" specc or anything becouse i think they are at a good place. But maybe a little buff to the 2h family, Up the dps on the hammers or maybe the stat's. A wrecking agony hitting for close to what a hammer of sigmar does just aint right, and then you also have the amount of stats you actually loose in comparison to having 2x of 1h. The benifit of having those rapid and "high'ish" hits on the DoK is like i said fine, but that also means a Wp should be able to have less rapid hits but higher ones wich is not really the case atm.

So my suggestion is as fallow:

*Up the dps value on the 2h hammers.
*Up the stats value to match the value's of 2x 1h swords
*Change the speed, bigger spectra so we maybe gett more of 4.x on the 2h's.

These are just some thought's of mine, I'm no programer and i'm lucky if i gett the toaster working but i think that these changes may not be the hardest to try out or change. If all or just one is to be implemented i dont know, just suggestions like i said... And my 2 cents. I simply want the 2h to have it's benifits it should have, heavier blows.
Last edited by Drozen on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Ads
Wosh
Banned

Re: 2h hammers for Warrior priest.

Post#2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:19 am

Hi,

Abilities are strenght depended I belive, so if you have 800 str. and u use a skill (sigmars radiance) useing a 2 handed it will do the same damage as a player with a 1 handed and 800 str. The DPS you get from your hammer goes into the normal attacks only, the slower they are as you must have noticed with the 4.x remark the higher their hit will be.

So to fix this, we should not be looking at more dps on the weapon itself but something else to balance it out, like maybe on the skill or the benefits there are. I must say i have no idea, if your right in the regards of our attacks compared to a dok beeing more powerfull. I imagine that they do the same if they have 1 or 2 weapons equipped as id imagine its also str. based on the DOK. If you are looking for a total compare in 2 handed vs. 2 x 1 handed then i imagine the dps from 2 x 1 handed ontop of each other to represent the damage of a 2handed would become way OP it be moveing the best 2-handed from 80 dps to 110 dps on its base that would be out of this world.

I also belive a DOK with 800 str. and a weapon of 55 dps hits the same numbers as an 800 str. wp with a 55 dps weapon. Both not dueling wielding. I can only imagine that the second hit from the dok (the offhand) does less damage than the main hand, if that is not the case then there is a diffrence in dps on white from the dok. Also more attacks procs more prayers, but thats another debate i guess.

my 5 cents

Drozen

Re: 2h hammers for Warrior priest.

Post#3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Well this might be my bad, I'm not really concern about abilite dmg. Not really even Wp vs DoK or anything like that, this is more a 2h vs 2x 1h. So it do concern more classes then those i just mentioned. There is stuff that do concern Wp's and DoK's that i do think need fixing, preyers and covenent proccs and stuff like that.. But that is for another topic. I will change the topic for this one if i can to something more relevant..

Just did a small test, it consist of a lvl 2 DoK and a lvl 2 Wp with standarn spawning gear and equipment. All standard, nothing changed.

Tested for 1min hitting the test dummies with Auto Attack, then toke the average from both and gott a value.

For the Wp it was 828dmg over 1min.
For the DoK it was 970dmg over 1min.

That's a 17% difference, and this is just a assumption on my part that if you actually do this with other classes and 2h vs 2x 1h the results will be fairly the same. There is a reason why ppl tend to run around with 2x 1h rather then choosing a 2h. And then you also have to concider procc's etc. with having 2x 1h. Hope this clears out what i meant, cheers!
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

Wosh
Banned

Re: 2h vs 2x 1h

Post#4 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi Drozen,

Don't take my post the wrong way, I only play WP - if the numbers you parsed do indeed represent the facts. Then you might be onto something, but this would have been something that also live had issued with. Anyway, if those numbers are just pure white numbers without any procs of any kind, without being tampered with my "criits" etc. then you do raise a valid point. However could you test out to see if duel wielding leaves your offhand with less damage than the main hand. Maybe try off hand dok vs. main hand wp (both single hand weapons) and dok mainhand vs. wp mainhand.

Anyways, really cool finding :)

/wosh

Drozen

Post#5 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:11 pm

They do, I went on the Wp and let the Auto attack hit for 1min. My friend panodil went on the DoK and for 1min let the Auto attacks hit. We did that 5 times and toke the average from it, so I think that's a ok sample size. Like i said we where both on lvl2 char's 100% standard equipment, so no procc's or anything. And you are right i do think this is not a new thing but it goes all the way back to LIVE. Will see if we gett any response at all from this and in that case i can do more test... But to be honest, it dont seem to be of any interest due to the lack of response.

Cheers.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

Xergon

Post#6 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:35 pm

What about WP AA Speed Tactic, does it not compensate diff 2x1H?
I would like to see test on lvl 40 both in full DPS set tactics (best possible) and idk hit target dummy for like 3min to see comparison.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Drozen

Post#7 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:42 pm

we did that to, not 3min but first to destroy the test dummy. thing was thue that i where Balls deep dps in all regards and he was not and he still beat me in killing the test dummy. But that's was not very "sciency" done.. but still.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

Wosh
Banned

Post#8 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:56 pm

No idea why this "code stuff" landed here, must have clicked something by mistake.

Anyway, id like to know if the duel wielding weapon in offhand is as powerfull as the main hand. Can you take a DOK use only offhand and test it vs. a dok useing only mainhand and put those two numbers against each other.

/Wosh
Last edited by Wosh on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:30 am

I think if this is a valid issue, then it is not exclusive to WP vs DoK but all 2h weapons among all classes.
Dying is no option.

Garrus

Post#10 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:40 am

This topic just made me wish even more for Chosen with DW 😭