Recent Topics

Ads

[Part 1] Pick scenarios that you do not like

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Pick 2 scenarios that you do not like

Gates of Ekrund
5%
Bright Wizard College
22%
Nordenwatch
3%
Battle for Praag
6%
Logrin's Forge
31%
Howling Gorge
20%
Mourkain Temple
1%
Maw of Madness
6%
Caledor Woods
6%
Total votes: 172

carmine3161

[Part 1] Pick scenarios that you do not like

Post#1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:59 am

Poll is limited to 9 options so we will be taking the feedback from both threads. Pick 2 options.

It was suggested by a member of the community that when there are too many scenarios you don't like so you end up blacklisting half of them. The goal is to build a better scenario rotation by limiting the amount of disliked scenarios in a rotation at a time.

We made 2 groups of 9 so please vote on part 2.(viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28620)
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Ads
exxyx

Re: [Part 1] Pick scenarios that you do not like

Post#2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:33 pm

while bringing up the topic about screnario rotations, i would like to make following suggesstion..

im playing a **** ton amount of sc`s (mostly in solo or duo queue) and its very boring and monotonous to be in the same (pug-) sc over and over again. i think im not the only one.

1. rotate the pug sc more often, and not only after 1-2months

2. label more sc`s as pug ones. for example 2-3 pug scs, 5-6 grp scs, 1 6v6 only per rotation

Xergon

Post#3 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:45 pm

exxyx wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:33 pm while bringing up the topic about screnario rotations, i would like to make following suggesstion..

im playing a **** ton amount of sc`s (mostly in solo or duo queue) and its very boring and monotonous to be in the same (pug-) sc over and over again. i think im not the only one.

2. label more sc`s as pug ones. for example 2-3 pug scs, 5-6 grp scs, 1 6v6 only per rotation
I agree that 2 available PUG SC would be interesting idea, although it might even lower numbers of pops during bad time.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:54 pm

exxyx wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:33 pm while bringing up the topic about screnario rotations, i would like to make following suggesstion..

That is the price you pay in order to escape being farmed by 6-mans. My 2c.

geezereur

Post#5 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Have been feeling the same 2 pug scs would add some flavors, instead of 1 of the same for a long time.

Kretschmer

Post#6 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:27 pm

agree on 2 PUG scs idea, ppl were punished in past when they were playing toxic bugged abominations like Talabec Dam during long rotation.
Forcing people to play not balanced, long, bugged, badly created scenario after another as their only PUG sc option (only because poll options were limited, or even choosing not fun scenario without poll) ended with more people leaving over long periods of time.
Sadly im expecting only answer like this: "their fault, why they werent que as premade?"
Players using here most valuable resource: time. Those who like scenarios are often more dedicated, they can stay longer here and they just need to be respected.

Sigimund

Post#7 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 pm

I think one pug scenario and one 6v6 scenario is fair. For variety, some sort of system to re-randomise the lineup minimum once per week.

This might also save staff the chore of redoing the lineup manually?

Fallenkezef

Post#8 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:25 pm

I like the forge 😥
Alea iacta est

Ads
Vandinar

Post#9 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:44 pm

I don't think we need multiple pug SCs, we just need a clear and frequent rotation schedule so things like Howling Gorge don't happen for over a month.

Tesq

Post#10 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:10 pm

wanna make a note also for battle of praag ( this mean also gromrill crossing )

the rework battle for praag was wonderfull and i think it should happen too for other sc if see it fit

a problem is still present tought since the winning side once reached 5th flag is basically camping, in live the loosing side could when 5th flag was capt , click the middle flag and reset the sc to 2 flags each. and mid neutral. This didnt't solve the problem if winning side stop at 4th flag but now there are cannons to prevent a camp on the 4th flags so if that middle click when all flags are capped could be re add the sc would be better balanced for both sides and winners camp would stop. Those sc also levei up with push momentum so a side which is not able to kite properrly could just loose in the end but as it stand now is just a too easy snowball for the better side.

gromrill crossing have an additional probs; 4th and 5th flags order should be swap to work similar to battle of praag and some wc cannons should be provided like Bop;both of these to rpevent camping (ex: lock mid-->push one of the side flag, push the last one /loosing side can reset by click mid).