Recent Topics

Ads

[POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Are you interested in 1v1 part of the game?

Yes
47%
No
53%
Total votes: 157

Hargrim
Developer

Re: [POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

Post#41 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:02 pm

Nameless wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:39 pm When there is enough pressure you will bend like wl reversal after like 2 weeks half-done

I think the example you picked is a lot more complicated than 'bend after preassure'.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#42 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:08 pm

Even on live there was never any support for 1v1 just a few individuals who took time to arrange such fights on an informal basis
Alea iacta est

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#43 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:20 pm

I love dueling and i miss it so much! 1v1 is amazing, i wish it comes back one day, and if possible do 1v1 weekly tournaments with bets and open to public, maybe have an arena in each city for this, and crossrealm arena as well, would be nice <3
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

dolleater

Post#44 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:03 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm
Spoiler:
It was suggested by a member of the community to find out how many people are actually interested in that scale of action.
I believe, that everyone, who did play on live servers, had special places for duels. Some of us visited them as simple spectators or even active participants on constant basis. Even now we can see that videos, which show us duels or simple ganking gameplay, are quite popular.
Therefore, it might be useful to get your opinion on that topic.

If the community will show strong interest, we will get down to a discussion of an implementation of a 1v1 scenario or some area which will serve a purpose of arena — it shouldn’t be discussed yet.

For now, we will gather as much feedback as we can, so don’t forget to make a vote.

Please note, it won’t have any effect on balance. 1v1 will NEVER be taken into consideration in terms of balance. Dev team is NOT interested in that field. This kind of gameplay will always be “just for fun”.

Thanks for your active participation in the server’s life.
Isnt the only thing keeping us from letting the community organize 1v1 in the above way the below ToS?
2.4 No colluding with the opposite faction to farm XP, Renown, Influence or any other benefits.
- Also known as Killtrading. Dueling is generally allowed. Letting someone kill you, and then killing them back is not.
Is there a better way to allow 1v1? like disabling reward gains? the -75% xp potion is something you added right, couldnt the same be done for RP/INF and instead upped to 100% and then just require the use of said potion when organizing duels?

Dueling and also testing could be done this way, i.e seeing how certain mechanics/changes play out - "legitimate" killtrading if you will. Just a thought.
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!

carmine3161

Post#45 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:32 pm

dolleater wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:03 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm
Spoiler:
It was suggested by a member of the community to find out how many people are actually interested in that scale of action.
I believe, that everyone, who did play on live servers, had special places for duels. Some of us visited them as simple spectators or even active participants on constant basis. Even now we can see that videos, which show us duels or simple ganking gameplay, are quite popular.
Therefore, it might be useful to get your opinion on that topic.

If the community will show strong interest, we will get down to a discussion of an implementation of a 1v1 scenario or some area which will serve a purpose of arena — it shouldn’t be discussed yet.

For now, we will gather as much feedback as we can, so don’t forget to make a vote.

Please note, it won’t have any effect on balance. 1v1 will NEVER be taken into consideration in terms of balance. Dev team is NOT interested in that field. This kind of gameplay will always be “just for fun”.

Thanks for your active participation in the server’s life.
Isnt the only thing keeping us from letting the community organize 1v1 in the above way the below ToS?
2.4 No colluding with the opposite faction to farm XP, Renown, Influence or any other benefits.
- Also known as Killtrading. Dueling is generally allowed. Letting someone kill you, and then killing them back is not.
Is there a better way to allow 1v1? like disabling reward gains? the -75% xp potion is something you added right, couldnt the same be done for RP/INF and instead upped to 100% and then just require the use of said potion when organizing duels?

Dueling and also testing could be done this way, i.e seeing how certain mechanics/changes play out - "legitimate" killtrading if you will. Just a thought.
If you 1v1 or fight in a zone that isn't active you wont get any renown/xp/inf and item drops which is not considered kill trading cause there is no reward, the only issue is you have to organize beforehand or else no one would know to be there for the fight.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch