Recent Topics

Ads

[POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Are you interested in 1v1 part of the game?

Yes
47%
No
53%
Total votes: 157

ajnin420
Suspended

Re: [POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

Post#11 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:22 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:27 pm
Personally, I think that every active member of the community should matter. We should not lose any more people.

Thank you. This is refreshing to hear from the staff. We need less MLG pro know it alls and more communication on ideas. I for one would like to see dueling come back! Perhap a quest can be tied with it for a trophy.

Ads
Drys

Post#12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:40 pm

Would it be possible instead of a dedicated 1v1 scenario to create a separate "arena" in a zone easily accessible for both sides? That way people could watch/participate in deuls while waiting for other things like SC pops? I see plenty of folks standing around capital cities so it's not like this would detract from activity.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

DanielWinner

Post#13 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Currently we should focus on dueling part and find out how many people are interested in ANY new implementations for this side of gameplay.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

ragafury

Post#14 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:15 pm

bring back duel if there is no technical pov which makes it a bad decision overall ? yes.
deticate a whole map to it? no.

my 2 cent. :>
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Tesq

Post#15 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:31 pm

not exatly "interested" but i till voted yes because it can be still a fun experiencein the game. It's to say that an arena or could be fun but dont balance game around 1vs 1 too much

dolleater

Post#16 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:40 pm

While not completely on-topic, i feel that the message here is "alternatives to orvr and scenarios" rather then 1v1. I voted yes for that reason.

In case its to Off-topic, ill just put it in spoilers

Free-For-All
Spoiler:
Id like to bring up something from an even older game then WAR (Anarchy Online, shoutout to whoever played that as well :)).

In Anarchy Online there were several areas that were FFA (Free-for-all). While that sounds a lil insane, it was quite popular. They were sometimes giant zones (flying was the primary mode of transportation) and sometimes as small as a room.

Rather then 1v1, i would enjoy a break from the organized and progression-focused PVP gameplay. PvP simply because its enjoyable and also exciting - part of what made alot of us oldies go out in games where PvP was nothing in terms of rewards or balance.

To think out loud, it could be implemented as a zone with a transportation device (like the return-to-guildhall scroll). How the zone looks isnt all that important, reusing any instanced area would probably work and would be fun in its own right.
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!

wdesu

Post#17 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:53 pm

I did duels on live sometimes, wasn't really interested in it on RoR yet. I feel like it could be a nice addition to the game when things are going too slow. I wouldn't like it if it used the same clunky UI that is used for scenarios, and the same scenario queue, and it would put you against a random opponent which you can't choose (what if you don't want to duel someone anymore? what if you want a rematch?). I think, in duels, you should be able to pick your own opponent.

Here's a mock-up of an UI that makes me feel good about duels, though i think implementing this would be too much work for a feature that not too many people want.
Spoiler:
So, yeah, I'm interested in duels but only if it doesn't interfere with other parts of the game.

Eathisword

Post#18 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm a bit off-topic, but there is a very very very big difference between soloing and dueling.

Soloing is about versatility, speccing and finding the tools to manage a broad range of situations, 1v1, 1vX vs a wide array of different variables such as terrain, enemy classes comp, current vs old meta, anticipation, etc.

Dueling is about having a good specific spec vs one particular opponent and executing an established plan well. Or just draw the fight to eternity.

The main complaints I'd have regarding solo is not the zerg effect which makes it hard. Its the fact that there is nothing planned for us to do during the campaign (except them damn resources boxes). We are just 'there', without a feeling of being 'a part of' what happens. I know it is not an easy or priority 1 problem, but in my experience of 4 years of solo play, it is what bugs me the most.

Also : SnB def/regen tanks and Healing healers would beat all dps classes eventually or draw, but never lose in a 1v1 scen, which would plague the thing from the start. Whereas in RvR, you can just ignore them and kite away. Which pretty showcase my idea the solo and duels are 2 different things. Soloing fully deftard/heal is no good. Won't get you anything or any kills really. But it would be the optimal strategy for a 1v1 arena.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#19 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:33 pm

Original post got edited: we discuss 1v1 part of the game ( are you interested or not?) and nothing more.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

roadkillrobin

Post#20 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:44 pm

If this ever go as far as an implementation of 1v1 scenario or any kind of arena play you kinda have to put ballance into it as it becomes a part of the actuall game. Actually anything that allows you to gain, xp, loot, renown, influence etz needs some sort of ballance aproach to it.