Recent Topics

Ads

XRealm and RvR Reward Suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Drys

XRealm and RvR Reward Suggestion

Post#1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:04 am

So I saw a few posts about xrealming. I've also seen this link in someone's signature. http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7. I've also seen proposed new gear.

What I suggest is a way to combine all three suggestions:

Use an RvR Victory Points mechanic based on actions such as holding BOs, kills, and capturing/defending keeps. After a zone locks, multiply each side's Victory Points by a factor based on AAO (I.e. 100 AAO doesn't yield as much as 360 AAO). The side with the highest value gets to roll for special loot bags that contain the new highest RR gear.

What this does:
1. Incentive to stick with the side with high AAO and actively play (i.e., capture objectives) since this gives you the best chance at getting "best" gear. This disincentives xrealming because the locking side might not end up rolling for best gear -- especially after a drawn out zone fight.

2. If sides are even (i.e. no AAO or low AAO) then the locking side will get to also roll for "best" gear. That's fair since they won a mostly fair fight.

3. The underdogs fighting with high AAO and successfully gaining Victory Points get a reward that also helps them be more effective in future fights (i.e., the stronger side doesn't also get better gear, further imbalancing the rvr sides).

4. Swapping to the "winning" side actually means you may lose out on best loot (especially after a long fight).

Just an outline/proposal of a system that could tie in several concepts and address an issue (perceived or otherwise) in a fair manner.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: XRealm and RvR Reward Suggestion

Post#2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:48 am

There's really no ponit for xrealm management until there's a endgame goal tbh. There's pretty much no clear objective tbh.

It would actually solve itself if there would be a reason to defend your realm, but as the game sits it's way more profitible to operate in smaller constellations and isolate yourself from the rest of the realm so you got more of the cake for yourself rather then to coop with the rest of the realm.

Drys

Post#3 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 am

That's where I think a victory points system will help actually. A bunch of solos humping BOs won't hold them long and the result will be few victory points. Coordinated groups will hold BOs longer, this getting more victory points and getting better rewards, even if on the losing side of the zone lock.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Drys wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 am That's where I think a victory points system will help actually. A bunch of solos humping BOs won't hold them long and the result will be few victory points. Coordinated groups will hold BOs longer, this getting more victory points and getting better rewards, even if on the losing side of the zone lock.
The problem with AAO is that it rewards player for playing the campain badly and completly shift the focus from realm priority to selfish gain from kills.
There need to be consequences for losign the campain that severe enough that you won't shift realm as soon as it goes badly or for the sake of abandon the campain to hunt AAO.
There needs to be a endgame objective that only the winning side get to take part of and losing side need to lose something if they fail to defend. It's the only long term sollution to xrealm I can think of.