Recent Topics

Ads

Healing classes DD gear from SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Healing classes DD gear from SC

Post#1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:51 am

Yes this thread may seem as if I, myself as DoK main, just ask for free stuff or something, but still I think there is flaw with current design so here I am.

As initial data we have:
a) SC que has mechanism in it to make teams somewhat even on healing classes, as I understand;
b) Healing classes as DoKs and WPs atleast have DD specs (which are not as good as DD classes damage wise, buts thats another topic), and only place these classes can get top notch gear for DD specs are SCs.

As result we have Healing classes speced in DD funneled into SCs, as there is no other way to get gear for your chosen spec other than that, where they are taking spots of healing classes and ruining pug SC, for both themselves and others.

I completely agree that player should be able adapt to game conditions not otherwise, so facing this situation responsible player will probably gear up as heal in oRVR, than will come as heal to SC - the only probem of this approach is that ones who are comming as ungeared DD-heals into SC are not responsible people in first place, and second this approach takes time which not everyone have.

My suggestion to described flaw is this - as we have mirror sets of oRVR and SC (Conq-Dom, incoming Vanq-Oppres and etc) - allow to trade piece of one set for piece of another with, commision of, like 300-500 tokens, so to get Dom gloves you'd have to trade Conq gloves and 500 oRVR medalions for it and vice versa.
Last edited by Rockalypse on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
tazdingo

Re: Healing classes DD gear from SC

Post#2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 am

i agree, it's often kept me from rolling healers cause i mostly SC and don't want the off gear

Sulorie

Post#3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:29 am

tazdingo wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 am i agree, it's often kept me from rolling healers cause i mostly SC and don't want the off gear
You can play sc to get weapons and faster renown than in a warband in rvr.
Dying is no option.

fleshsaber

Post#4 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 am

I'm pretty much at the point that I don't even feel like logging in, rather than put up with the comments and abuse from others in the SC. I only have 3 piece Dom, and 2 of them I bought on the AH. To think I'd have to spend more time being told i'm useless in an SC I'm forced to participate in for the gear I need has me seriously thinking I'll just walk away once the new stuff is introduced. as for changing to heal spec for SC's...NO. I rolled a DD for a specific reason, mostly for duo in the lake with my sole surviving guildmate in the few hours each evening we have to game together. besides, if you think my melee healing is bad, lets just say, there's a reason my guild never let me main heal anything in any MMO we've played together.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:54 am

tazdingo wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 am i agree, it's often kept me from rolling healers cause i mostly SC and don't want the off gear
Thats another result I should have mentioned - as healers have no gear insentive to do SCs.

anarchypark

Post#6 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:16 am

SC is quick instant action.
good way to practice.
play the game and gear rr follow.

seeing game as gear grind leads to burn out.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Mystry
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:02 am

I've been complaining about the same problem in reverse for a long time now. There's absolutely zero incentive to do open rvr when all the gear I want is in scenarios.

And yes, having DD gear rewards from scenarios means that healer/tank players will go DD instead of healing/tanking because that's the gear they are getting in SC (plus its way WAY faster to get SC gear in my experience).

I still want a way to convert emblems into medallions and visa versa.

Smellybelly

Post#8 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:10 am

If it was me i would get the "best in slot" setup wich is super easy, buy dominator boots and gloves on AH, then fill up rest with mercenary gear wich is super cheap. All you have to spend dominator emblems on is the belt. Weapons can be blue r36 quest weapons or subjugator or even the r36-37 epic random drop ones wich can usually be found on AH.
Jewelry go defensive with winds impervious set. Cloak, ring + pocket item as Beastlord.
Easy peasy

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#9 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:22 am

Problem I listed is not that you can't get DD gear through SC for healing class, neither that it is hard or not.
I just say that as DD healing classes fill "healing" slots when teams are balanced by game (which is true even if you got all equip you wanted and just solo que), it leads to number of problems in pug SC, which could be atleast partly avoided if there were any other means for people who want to play DD healer to get their equip.
Other solution could be - allowing people to choose their role before queing for SC, but it sounds like much harder thing to implement.

Telen
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:27 am

The lack of aoe and the lack of proper sustainable heals arent as important as they are in rvr. Scs are a far better place for dps healers than warbands. You'll never be as effective as a pure class is in any part of the game unless they bring in 1v1 2v2.