Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion/Idea Warband

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
madrocks
Suspended

Suggestion/Idea Warband

Post#1 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Good day,
I would like to propose ideas that crossed my mind a few times by now leading warbands.

1st Idea:
Add an option to make it possible to have a Warband visible but not joinable unless invited to.
An easy example how to do it would be to add a box to check underneath the "Make your party open" that would say "Make your party visible" ...
Or add an option in the right click menu that causes the wished effect.

Reason/Benefit:
It gives the Warband leader the option to be visible for all players of the Realm and then invite players uppon request by tell or notification.
Players that disconnect in a battle do not get replaced instantly by others but can still see the Warband they where in and easy rightclick -> /tell to be reinvited.
Regular players of certain Warband leaders will be able to see if the leader has a Warband running and have a higher chance of getting a spot as the warband is "closed".
Initial managment or group composition (that is crucial to the succes of a PUG warband) will be more easy to handle as people have to send a request/tell to join.
No drama for kicking players to make space or setup a better group composition, less time waste explaining reasons.

2nd Idea
Create a chat channel that is only visible by Warband leaders in an rvr zone that are part of a guild and have an officer rank.
Sort of a realmwide officer channel that works like chat channel /2.

Reason/Benefit
Leaders can coordinate in that channel without telling everybody what their intentions are outside of voice coms.
A channel like that will make it harder for a spy to read the coordination effords of warbands.

I welcome comments and opposing ideas if constructive and explained.
I reserve the right to edit this post but I will notify when done so and it will be visible in this color.
Lutz

Ads
Viperstongue

Re: Suggestion/Idea Warband

Post#2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:28 pm

For the 1st one, there used to be an existing add-on called "auto invite" which could be used by wb leaders in a similar way : with the adequate "trigger" word sent to the leader with /w , the player is automatically invited in the wb. Quite useful when recovering from a crash :)
The trigger can be redefined by the wb lead anytime

https://games.softpedia.com/get/Mods-Ad ... vite.shtml

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: Suggestion/Idea Warband

Post#3 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:41 pm

madrocks wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:11 pm Good day,
I would like to propose ideas that crossed my mind a few times by now leading warbands.

1st Idea:
Add an option to make it possible to have a Warband visible but not joinable unless invited to.
An easy example how to do it would be to add a box to check underneath the "Make your party open" that would say "Make your party visible" ...
Or add an option in the right click menu that causes the wished effect.

Reason/Benefit:
It gives the Warband leader the option to be visible for all players of the Realm and then invite players uppon request by tell or notification.
Players that disconnect in a battle do not get replaced instantly by others but can still see the Warband they where in and easy rightclick -> /tell to be reinvited.
Regular players of certain Warband leaders will be able to see if the leader has a Warband running and have a higher chance of getting a spot as the warband is "closed".
Initial managment or group composition (that is crucial to the succes of a PUG warband) will be more easy to handle as people have to send a request/tell to join.
No drama for kicking players to make space or setup a better group composition, less time waste explaining reasons.

2nd Idea
Create a chat channel that is only visible by Warband leaders in an rvr zone that are part of a guild and have an officer rank.
Sort of a realmwide officer channel that works like chat channel /2.

Reason/Benefit
Leaders can coordinate in that channel without telling everybody what their intentions are outside of voice coms.
A channel like that will make it harder for a spy to read the coordination effords of warbands.

I welcome comments and opposing ideas if constructive and explained.
I reserve the right to edit this post but I will notify when done so and it will be visible in this color.
I like your proposition n°2. Will investigate with devs if it is possible. Thx!