Recent Topics

Ads

AM/Shaman and General Balance.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
carlos

Re: AM/Shaman and General Balance.

Post#31 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:23 pm

bryo1er wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:10 pm hello ,

1st of all i dont post much as u guys can see.

since no destro is talking and only order is whining on forums ill give it a go.

Apperently not reading that much either (or at least extremly selective).
Starfkr

Ads
veritas8

Post#32 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:31 am

Today I meet a level 30 DPS shammy in a scenario. I am level 25 WH and have decent gear. He was able to take over 1/4 of my life in 1 crit with no set up or debuffs. As a melee DPS I have never hit another class that hard and I cannot see how in the world this is working correctly. Sorcs do not hit me this hard. I played original WAR as well and I know it wasn't like that. I had to check my combat log twice to make sure I was not see things.

The ability was Bunch o' Waaagh. If I remember correctly I had ~3900 HPs, it hit me for 934.

Arteker616

Post#33 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:51 am

veritas8 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:31 am Today I meet a level 30 DPS shammy in a scenario. I am level 25 WH and have decent gear. He was able to take over 1/4 of my life in 1 crit with no set up or debuffs. As a melee DPS I have never hit another class that hard and I cannot see how in the world this is working correctly. Sorcs do not hit me this hard. I played original WAR as well and I know it wasn't like that. I had to check my combat log twice to make sure I was not see things.

The ability was Bunch o' Waaagh. If I remember correctly I had ~3900 HPs, it hit me for 934.
its called being hit by a rotation , unlike am wich rely on dots to keep presure , a good shamy behave like a bw sorc, so u will get hit on same time stamp, unlike sorcs wich at lvl 30 dont have all their offensive arsenal for a full scale rotation, a dps shaman does indeed and is very capable to burst u down.
and 900 for bunch isnt much if was full stacked , any similar sorc would had hit you harder with hand of ruin

adamthelc

Post#34 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:16 am

Arteker616 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:51 am
veritas8 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:31 am Today I meet a level 30 DPS shammy in a scenario. I am level 25 WH and have decent gear. He was able to take over 1/4 of my life in 1 crit with no set up or debuffs. As a melee DPS I have never hit another class that hard and I cannot see how in the world this is working correctly. Sorcs do not hit me this hard. I played original WAR as well and I know it wasn't like that. I had to check my combat log twice to make sure I was not see things.

its called being hit by a rotation , unlike am wich rely on dots to keep presure , a good shamy behave like a bw sorc, so u will get hit on same time stamp, unlike sorcs wich at lvl 30 dont have all their offensive arsenal for a full scale rotation, a dps shaman does indeed and is very capable to burst u down.
He very clearly was talking about a single ability.

AM/Shaman can hit pretty hard, debatably too hard. But there is a little bit of hyperbole or ignorance in his post. I cant believe a sorc has never hit you for more than 900. I've hit for 900 on a sorc/bw with DB/FB in T1.

The ability comparable to bunch o Waaagh is hand of ruin, which can hit just as hard or harder.

The issue with AM/Shamans is they are a little too easy to be that good. They can do very good damage and still have a lot of utility/healing so they dont seem to be paying a hybrid or dps tax.

Their mechanic works very well, but that's the problem. In order for it to work the way it should they should do bad damage and heals unless they use their mechanic. Otherwise it's kind of just adding short term good damage/heals to a good heal/damage spec.

veritas8

Post#35 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:19 am

and 900 for bunch isnt much if was full stacked , any similar sorc would had hit you harder with hand of ruin
He was just in another Scenario I was in. He doubled the nearest DPS and was 2nd healing.....You can say what you like, thats Fed up.

Foomy44

Post#36 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:42 am

I'm a shammy with full BiS gear, BWs regularly crit me for 2k+ after mitigation, over 1/3 my HP. You have a pretty skewed perception of what big crits look like at endgame. You shoulda tried facing Guardian WLs back in their prime, 3500+ in 1 second on timestamp with 0 setup outside of their instant and undefendable armor debuff attack was a lot of fun.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

adamthelc

Post#37 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 am

veritas8 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:19 am

He was just in another Scenario I was in. He doubled the nearest DPS and was 2nd healing.....You can say what you like, thats Fed up.
Part of your issue could be the tier.

Arteker616

Post#38 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:50 am

veritas8 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:19 am

this is called playing with the mechanic , drop 5 heals to power up , and drop ur rotation . thats not hard , if he ended doing great healing was probably because he was using hots all time, if he was good he would spread em on frontline,

The real question is, u have all the tools to murder him , double hd , snare and incognito to sneak behind him , if he has free cast on a backline, then its solely you and ur team fault , not the character per se.

its amazing lately how people claims op class xxx because a decent player use a class to the fullest.
And sorry to say but if i was a sorc at lvl 30 i would obliterate ur wh too if i had free cast and u did not had a guard because my burst at that lvlo would make for a non good healer to save u .

but following that logic ,, nerf sorc , or magus

Ads
Arteker616

Post#39 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:59 am

Foomy44 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:42 am

I'm a shammy with full BiS gear, BWs regularly crit me for 2k+ after mitigation, over 1/3 my HP. You have a pretty skewed perception of what big crits look like at endgame. You shoulda tried facing Guardian WLs back in their prime, 3500+ in 1 second on timestamp with 0 setup outside of their instant and undefendable armor debuff attack was a lot of fun.
any good bw rotation will generate u a burst of roughly 4,5+ on same gcd or even bigger .and sames goes for the sorc and if stars aling a engi or magus will even drop u too.
rdps dream heaven has been always been 30+ brackett because they got allready the way to generate enough burst a noob healer will not be able to heal up, while mdps has real problems to even fight dps tanks . back on the t3 ror age , was not uncommon to single bws sorcs walk away of scs with 20 30 dbs of single scs.

Sulorie

Post#40 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:39 am

Did several 25-30 kill sc recently in t2-3 with SH. I didn't see any WH who knew how to play their class.
Having 3900 wounds sounds very low for a lvl 25, the gear can't be so good.

It would have been interesting to know in what sc this happened.
Dying is no option.