Recent Topics

Ads

Present Build Swapping

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Drys

Present Build Swapping

Post#1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Thought on how to support (some) balance in SCs. Could there be a system where a player can have two builds per character (renown, masteries, gear - if in inventory, etc.). Players could then quickly swap builds in the countdown before the SC starts.

I see the main advantage as letting people run do healer or tank builds, but if you get into a SC and find yourself the only healer, you can swap to something more effective.

This would be for SC only and only an option before the actual SC start. That way people can't just swap builds completely mid SC based on opponent skills.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Present Build Swapping

Post#2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 pm

I dont think they want people tweaking their builds based on who they are matched against.

But I DO support dual builds, it's something this game has always lacked. I think you have it backwards though. You should only be able to swap outside of a scenario.

Skullgrin

Post#3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 pm

The Anywheretrainer addon was nerfed by the Devs to specifically stop people from changing their spec based on who they were fighting in a scenario, so I seriously doubt that they would reintroduce something like this.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Drys

Post#4 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Not saying to change mid SC. Basically to let healers swap out of dps build if they find they're the only healer in the random party
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

adamthelc

Post#5 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:41 am

The issue want swapping mid sc, the issue was going into a scenario, seeing who you were facing and changing. Unfortunately when you can see who is on your side, you can also see who is on the other side.

It would be nice if you could change before you joined, but that wouldnt be what you are asking for. I dont think you are going to be able to change to dps or heals based on what your group has/needs.

Drys

Post#6 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:34 am

I envision pre-saved builds so you're not tailoring each time you enter a SC. As in you have two builds, no more. I doubt that would lead to the fine tuning some suggest here since you'd need to have set the build ahead of time.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:42 am

If dual speccing were at all possible, then I would be a huge advocate for its implementation. I'd wager that its possible (one day!), but would naturally take a backseat to more important things.

szejoza

Post#8 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:12 am

I'd gate it behind heavy gold cost if it were to happen. Just to have a gold dump to bolster the economy
Spoiler:

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#9 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 pm The Anywheretrainer addon was nerfed by the Devs to specifically stop people from changing their spec based on who they were fighting in a scenario, so I seriously doubt that they would reintroduce something like this.
Not true.

It was crippled as no addon should give such an advantage over players that dont have the addon. What I said originally (and still stand by it) is that the game was designed with trainers in the game but if we were to implement a system where someone could reassign points with a UI without an addon I would be ok with it but as is no.

In regards to dual spec, it could POSSIBLY be implemented in the future but not something that we prioritize right now.

Nidwin

Post#10 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 am

Yes, the day you can only queue up for sc's when you are in IC or Altdorf.

One of the things well done in GW2. Lakes on the left, sPvP on the very far other side of the GW2 world without a tunnel between the 2.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]