Recent Topics

Ads

New Gold Bag Roll System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: New Gold Bag Roll System

Post#21 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 pm

Wosh wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:34 pm Rolled 2 and 1 on a 27.000 Renown Reward - that can be below average - IM NOT BELOW AVERAGE!... **** my life if I am!

Also is there a bug currently with the cow pie's bags? Because I can't open those cow bags and its all I have gotten, except the gold bag that was magically gone and never seen again...QQ life!

Also normally I see a contribution to my next roll, that feature has gone away.

I can only come up with one aSSumption and that is you silently nerfed the soloing in RvR and if so... HOW DARE YOU! QQ life!

Cow Pie Bag issue should be fixed after tomorrow patch. Old bags probably won't work so you can eat pies from the new bags :).

Contribution rolls should display correctly.

And soloing wasn't changed, but maybe Natherul can tell you more. I think he changed something, but I'm not sure it was anything for RvR.

Ads
Dammy095

Post#22 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:05 am

Luuca wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:51 pm
Jeeze guys.. that's what you sound like. Take a few BOs every hour. Get kills NEAR the BOs and Near the Keep. Heal out of party. Hit the Keep Lord for at least 1k damage. Profit.
wiping 3 warbands not enough ?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#23 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 am

Nothing was changed lately with contribution more then a straight up fix for some of the factors not counting in properly (archetype work).

Now I wont dig around for it but we have released a list in the news section (might be a patch note, cant remember exactly) of what you can do to get contribution but we will NEVER release the weights of these gains as to prevent gamification of the system.

And there is no malus for solo players.

AxelF

Post#24 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:16 pm

Is there any thought among the team to changing the malus to your roll based on AAO? Instead of comparing the number of your realm in the zone at point of lock against the number of enemy in the zone at point of lock, using either:

A) The highest number of enemies present in the zone since it has unlocked

or

B) The number of enemy present in the zone when outer door was destroyed

or ideally

C) The number of enemies in zone when the outer goes down, or the number present at the point of lock, whichever is the highest.

There seems to be a growing trend of abandoning a zone when the inner goes down, which means you could have spent several hours fighting with AAO against a much larger number of enemies, eventually repel them and manage to turn things around and take the enemy's keep, facing stiff resistance, only for them all to leave the zone when it's clear it's going to lock (usually when they've failed to break funnel when lord is going down). This gives the good old 'your roll has been adjusted due to the size of your army' malus, despite having had AAO for the majority of the fighting.

Clearly there are a lot of zone flips where one side has steamrolled their way through with superior numbers from the start, and this change would still give a justified malus to bag rolls in those cases; it's just a bit of a kick in the teeth to have been part of a heroic defense while outnumbered, eventually succeeding against a larger force, and then get told you didn't win anything as you had too many people.

Wosh
Banned

Post#25 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:12 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 pm
Wosh wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:34 pm Rolled 2 and 1 on a 27.000 Renown Reward - that can be below average - IM NOT BELOW AVERAGE!... **** my life if I am!

Also is there a bug currently with the cow pie's bags? Because I can't open those cow bags and its all I have gotten, except the gold bag that was magically gone and never seen again...QQ life!

Also normally I see a contribution to my next roll, that feature has gone away.

I can only come up with one aSSumption and that is you silently nerfed the soloing in RvR and if so... HOW DARE YOU! QQ life!

Cow Pie Bag issue should be fixed after tomorrow patch. Old bags probably won't work so you can eat pies from the new bags :).

Contribution rolls should display correctly.

And soloing wasn't changed, but maybe Natherul can tell you more. I think he changed something, but I'm not sure it was anything for RvR.
Thanks for the reply, can't wait to chew on these new pies!

Wosh
Banned

Post#26 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:15 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 am Nothing was changed lately with contribution more then a straight up fix for some of the factors not counting in properly (archetype work).

Now I wont dig around for it but we have released a list in the news section (might be a patch note, cant remember exactly) of what you can do to get contribution but we will NEVER release the weights of these gains as to prevent gamification of the system.

And there is no malus for solo players.
Guess its an l2p issue I face as a solo player. It just seems strange because 1 month ago I had no problems getting bags or getting bag roll points added to next bag roll.

And now I do not get to even add to the next roll. It's the message you roll 2 and you end up with 1 and nothing for you.

Anyway thanks for reply