Recent Topics

Ads

New Gold Bag Roll System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfinnete
Banned

New Gold Bag Roll System

Post#1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 am

Guys, did I just find it a bad idea to raise the difficulty of dropping the golden bag?

You obviously notice that it takes much longer to roll a golden bag after the new sets have been released. So far so good, if it had not been for the lower levels also being affected, possibly a new player would have reached level 40 without having the complete Anihilator set oO

I do not see much sense in this, if the Devs find it right, I do not think so, but how nothing depends on my approval ... :D

I hoped it was as follows:

Between levels 16 and 40 the difficulty or bonus to roll a bag would be based on the rank of reputation, and from rank 50 the bonus would be considerably less.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: New Gold Bag Roll System

Post#2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:01 am

Alfinnete wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 am Guys, did I just find it a bad idea to raise the difficulty of dropping the golden bag?

You obviously notice that it takes much longer to roll a golden bag after the new sets have been released. So far so good, if it had not been for the lower levels also being affected, possibly a new player would have reached level 40 without having the complete Anihilator set oO

I do not see much sense in this, if the Devs find it right, I do not think so, but how nothing depends on my approval ... :D

I hoped it was as follows:

Between levels 16 and 40 the difficulty or bonus to roll a bag would be based on the rank of reputation, and from rank 50 the bonus would be considerably less.
I fear you are wrong Alfinnete. Nothing in the roll system has changed since it has been deployed...

Einherja

Post#3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:04 am

They changed nothing about the roll-system. It just takes longer to get a gold bag, cause much more ppl doing rvr atm. i guess i dont have to explain why ;)

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:07 am

Einherja wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:04 am They changed nothing about the roll-system. It just takes longer to get a gold bag, cause much more ppl doing rvr atm. i guess i dont have to explain why ;)
Even. According the roll logic, this wouldn't have any impact ( but i'm not a coder to be able to check).

Dammy095

Post#5 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:58 am

the only thing i dont like about orvr loot system is its too much reliance on rng
you can contribute hell a lot, kill both realms solo, then roll 6 of 1000 and get nothing
on the other hand, you can participate in killing 3 people and roll 980, voila gold bag

RuffRyder

Post#6 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:39 am

Alfinnete wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 am […]You obviously notice that it takes much longer to roll a golden bag after the new sets have been released.[…]
That's the same I noticed myself and wondered if/what changed, but when thinking about it a bit it can be explained exactly by the release of new sets, which make old veterans play more RvR again and more people at all playing RvR, bringing more contribution to the table to get the new sets.

Actually I think it isn't really harder to roll a gold bag, but the average contribution isn't as competitive as before. You still can try to get as much bags as possible to in the end have enough roll boni and get your gold bag, but tbh the sets aren't even out for a month now, if everybody had them already, where is the challenge? It's as "easy" (decide yourself) to get as Conq, and not even BiS for many classes.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Panodil

Post#7 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:15 am

Outnumbering enemy give reduced reward.
Better to be the one outnumbered, no punishment in rolls.
People kinda zerg more to lock zones now, so better swap to losing side and get some good aao renown and fights.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#8 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:49 am

Not gonna be very clear and precise, but as far i remember, the general idea about contribtuion calculation is this one :

On lock, average contrib value (ACV) is calculated : sum of all contributionsona zone/numberofcontributors

Then your chance to win a bag (starting with gold) is calculated: ((Yourcontrib + yourbonuscontribforthebagcategory) - (ACV+qualityoldbagdifficultymalus+winlosefactionsituationbonusmalus))xdicerollvalue.

Then you roll on this.

If win : You got the bag. and roll stops. Your bonus for this bag resets.
If lose : increment yourbonuscontribforagoldbag with a % of Yourcontrib and Lets roll for the lesser bag (purple in this case)

Ofc, qualitybagdifficultymalus is different depending quality of the bag.

So, unless it has not been coded like that, system is pretty flat. And there is no real place for rng (except very personnal rng). Imo, error is to think it works as it was in the past. Whatever you do now in the lake is not lost after a lock. Consider it more like a "capitalization" system, meaning, soon or later, anyone wiull have a gold bag. And this gold bag will come faster if you contribute a lot in every lakes. This explain why sometime

Now, and it should be verified ( and i will ask) i wonder if character contrib bonuses are
stored per tier (which wouldn't have any sense now) or T2+ general.

Ads
Dammy095

Post#9 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:15 am

problem is contribution doesnt matter if you roll 1-2 digit number

Hargrim
Developer

Post#10 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 am

T2+

If you roll 1-2 digits on the d1000 dice consistently it means your contribution in the zone was much below the average - you are punished for slacking.