Recent Topics

Ads

Gathering Profs for money...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mdillard

Gathering Profs for money...

Post#1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:02 pm

Is there a technical or philosophical bar to allowing players to have either two crafting or two gathering professions on one toon?
Agave - Rank 40 Witch Elf, Tequila lover.

Ads
szejoza

Re: Gathering Profs for money...

Post#2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:03 pm

one crafting and one gathering, take it or leave it :D
Spoiler:

mdillard

Post#3 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:27 pm

szejoza wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:03 pm one crafting and one gathering, take it or leave it :D
Yeah, I'm fine with that, it was just a question.

szejoza

Post#4 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:38 pm

I didnt want to sound snarky, but it's just the way it is, if it would be possible to have 2 gathering proffesions on one char then it would be a bit too dumbing as you could simply farm all mats for best items with just one char, with that barrier you are either forced to create another toon or (which is more healthy to the game economy) trade with other players.
Spoiler:

Deadkiller

Post#5 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:46 pm

mdillard wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:02 pm Is there a technical or philosophical bar to allowing players to have either two crafting or two gathering professions on one toon?
well that would make gold nearly useless in my eyes so lets hope that will never happen

mdillard

Post#6 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 pm

Deadkiller wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:46 pm
mdillard wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:02 pm Is there a technical or philosophical bar to allowing players to have either two crafting or two gathering professions on one toon?
well that would make gold nearly useless in my eyes so lets hope that will never happen
Umm...no, how do you figure?

mdillard

Post#7 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 pm

szejoza wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:38 pm I didnt want to sound snarky, but it's just the way it is, if it would be possible to have 2 gathering proffesions on one char then it would be a bit too dumbing as you could simply farm all mats for best items with just one char, with that barrier you are either forced to create another toon or (which is more healthy to the game economy) trade with other players.
That's actually a good point.
I was simply thinking in terms of if someone didn't want to bother with crafting but just sell mats for the gold
That's plenty doable the way things stand
Thanks for the reply.