Recent Topics

Ads

[Malus] Any evidence it is actually doing what you intended it to do?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Luuca

[Malus] Any evidence it is actually doing what you intended it to do?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:05 am

Title says it all. Any proof that players are moving out of a successful warband to go to opposition and try to get renown?

Ads
anarchypark

Re: [Malus] Any evidence it is actually doing what you intended it to do?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 am

How many zones are being locked by 1 side in a row?
b4 malus, all day long order zerg dominant for a week. except few EU times i guess.
often aao was 200+-

now it's rare seeing 200+ aao.
less than 3 locks in a row.
fighting with 100+ aao is less painful than b4 cuz i'm seeing less of 'don't feed them'.
It requires more time to fix this loser attitude.

ofc personal feedback.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ormix

Post#3 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 am

My personal opinion ( which obviously is SUBJECTIVE ) is that 2 of my friends left the game and now waiting for the revert lol
Nobody wanted to roll a destro toon just because of this change but small scale RvR destro hunting is pretty much dead cuz no renown and no reward just seems pointless now :cry:

But that's just a presonal experience...
Dobroz - AM 40|71
Fridaynight - RP 40|75
Boombastik - BW 40|60
Nupognali - DoK 40|50

Nefarian78

Post#4 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 am

I've started logging in less compared to before, but every time i log in it's still order zerg pvdoor.

From what i've seen, nothing changed, at all. If anything, Order numbers have probably increased after seeing this change didn't do much.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Xergon

Post#5 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 am

order zerging didnt stopped
destro actually leaves RvR zone just before lock to boost AAO so enemy get lower rolls.
working as intended...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Dammy095

Post#6 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am

order does that too, yesterday for example
but in general, i see more even numbers than before

Glorian

Post#7 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 am order zerging didnt stopped
destro actually leaves RvR zone just before lock to boost AAO so enemy get lower rolls.
working as intended...
The Roll doesn't change though. As Roll is based on your contribuition.
Meaning all the fighting in tha lst 3 or 4 hours.
The final RR that you get from the keep or zone lock is reduced if enemy logs out.

Xergon

Post#8 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 am

Glorian wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 am
Xergon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 am order zerging didnt stopped
working as intended...
The Roll doesn't change though. As Roll is based on your contribuition.
Meaning all the fighting in tha lst 3 or 4 hours.
The final RR that you get from the keep or zone lock is reduced if enemy logs out.
RR getting affected and roll aswell, message "Your roll was adjusted due to army size" means when ur side has much more numbers so u get reduced roll.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#9 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Some feedback from me until the thread starts derailing (wow it didn't already). :lol:

I neither changed my behavior of logging in (still play only Order and in the same timeframes), nor changed my zone choice behavior.
Why? Because changes like this need some time to have impact on players' behaviour (besides those who decided wisely to not play anymore /sarcasm).

I mostly play EU prime so at least there seems to be less AAO than before, destro overwhelming as usual, except for the holidays where that differed completely (not due to the change imho).

Regarding the Impact on lock: I guess at least there a change will be needed, so the malus calculation when a zone locks is not just for the moment, but for the whole time the zone has been open. But as already stated, bag rolls aren't (or shouldn't be) affected at all by that very change (I got bags not less than before).

I still agree that something needed to be changed and still needs.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Xtaziz

Post#10 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:34 pm

anarchypark wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 am How many zones are being locked by 1 side in a row?
b4 malus, all day long order zerg dominant for a week. except few EU times i guess.
often aao was 200+-

now it's rare seeing 200+ aao.
less than 3 locks in a row.
fighting with 100+ aao is less painful than b4 cuz i'm seeing less of 'don't feed them'.
It requires more time to fix this loser attitude.
Totally this, I think the malus is working as intended, it just needs more time to get into players... Before it was normal to see 200-400aao as destro, now it's not that except if you go to a dead zone where there are 6ppl caping flags and you are alone.

People need to change mentality, zerging is not good... never was and never will be. You basically roll over your enemies with no effort and then expect the same reward as an even fight or like if you were the underdog... Please, you reward the side that is **** up, not the one that is just steamrolling and pveing against lords.

If people is not loging in or leaving the game... well, hard to notice when we reached over 1100 ppl in the x2 weekend and im seeing higher numbers overall. If you think this is unfair, go play the realm with less people and stand in place so you can get destroyed instantly without even a chance...
Akuraz|Kimochiii
www.twitch.tv/XTAZIZ