Recent Topics

Ads

genesis farming is nightmare

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Killiansat
Suspended

Re: genesis farming is nightmare

Post#11 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:36 am

Fiskrens wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:26 am My RR 82 WL still doesn't have the full set so welcome to the club. I've given up even trying, the fragment simply won't drop.
same!!! fragment.
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm Very simple 20% chance to roll one of those five. There's no particular bias one which one drops over any other. There's no career/race/skill requirement on the items to mess up and get stuck. There's no secret hidden malus that tries to screw you over on getting the item you need. It's just a 20% chance. (unless the server eats your bag, which some might find to be a worse outcome)
if random generator doesn't follow statistics even in big numbers, that means something is wrong with it. 20 full cycles(100+ bags) statisticly shd give me 20 fragments(+- 10% as inaccuracy)... but i have 0.
Spoiler:
or may be only gms are allowed to have full genesis??? ... ... i m paranoid lol.
No public shaming and accusations. Read the forum rules.
Last edited by Killiansat on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Papanya - WL 75+ (off)
Fraktal - AM 82+
Dedotmoroz - SL 80+
Moralist - BW 85+
Skreamer - WH 80+
Ithappens - SORC 85+
Amoralis - ZEAL =(

Ads
Manatikik

Post#12 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:47 am

Killiansat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:36 am
Fiskrens wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:26 am My RR 82 WL still doesn't have the full set so welcome to the club. I've given up even trying, the fragment simply won't drop.
same!!! fragment. i have it only on 1 char and got it in old times when there were several bags for all zone pop.
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm Very simple 20% chance to roll one of those five. There's no particular bias one which one drops over any other. There's no career/race/skill requirement on the items to mess up and get stuck. There's no secret hidden malus that tries to screw you over on getting the item you need. It's just a 20% chance. (unless the server eats your bag, which some might find to be a worse outcome)
if random generator doesn't follow statistics even in big numbers, that means something is wrong with it. 20 full cycles(100+ bags) statisticly shd give me 20 fragments(+- 10% as inaccuracy)... but i have 0.
That’s the crazy thing about chance, it’s always a chance.

My SW is just missing fragment but on my WL I keep getting duplicate fragments so it’s pretty ironic. Eventually you’ll get it. It’s a bummer but everyone’s in the same boat it’s better to just let it be.
<Montague><Capulet>

Nameless

Post#13 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:17 am

I got the full set on somewhere around rr60 but I just wont use it. That set feels lacking for healers I got better results with random jewels. It feels good to have it but then u realize that it is not better than the accessories you got already.

So dont over think about it
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Sulorie

Post#14 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:38 am

Spoiler:
Killiansat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:36 am or may be only gms are allowed to have full genesis??? ...
There you lost me. Get a proof, report it and stop calling names in public, this never goes well.
Dying is no option.

Ghud

Post#15 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:55 am

Yea is hard work i got my genesis set on rr 70 and and the vanquisher set on 72 it was Painfull grinding and i tihink after that.
This game need more trade/exchange option like :
-only Green/blue bags
-exchange fragment to aspect

Or a Rework of the Assailant/Brawler/ ToK jewel set

Manatikik

Post#16 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:09 am

Ghud wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:55 am Yea is hard work i got my genesis set on rr 70 and and the vanquisher set on 72 it was Painfull grinding and i tihink after that.
This game need more trade/exchange option like :
-only Green/blue bags
-exchange fragment to aspect

Or a Rework of the Assailant/Brawler/ ToK jewel set
Eh for most classes winds plus bl jewel or two piece gen plus bl jewel plus empire inf jewel is fantastic already.
<Montague><Capulet>

live4treasure

Post#17 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:34 am

Despite one of the staff members commenting, I'm afraid my experience with Genesis tells me a completely different tale to how it works. From observing how the genesis drops went, this is how it seems to function in reality:

At first your only drops are shards and cloaks. You keep getting blue bags and its shard, cloak, shard, cloak over and over again. Until you get about 25 of them, then you will get a chance for a new type of genesis, which is indeed determined randomly. You may not get it instantly and go on to about 30 or 40 blue bags until you get this priveliege. After that you get, lets say, an aspect.

Once you aquire your new type of genesis, in this case an aspect, you will start seeing aspects rain down on you over and over, while shards and cloaks get more rare. After about another 20 or 40 aspects, you will get a different type added to your loot roster. In my case that was fragment. Then you will start seeing a ton of those as well.

I have yet to get a remnant. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I believe I'm over a hundred bags in. Maybe 110ish, or more.

You could write it off as simply the luck of the draw, but it seems to have a very defined pattern from what I've noticed, and I'm inclined to believe that rng plays a smaller part in this system.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Dammy095

Post#18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:07 am

so OP word is literally " give me want i want or i'm leaving" ?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:42 am

I wish I would at least get so many blue bags like you guys. Every 2-3 days a bag, come on...
Dying is no option.

RuffRyder

Post#20 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:21 am

We can simply add the post of all players that got it and calculate if the % overall are OK, that would be more realistic. ;-)
I have almost 2x full Genesis (missing 1 piece) on 60 WP and got my full Genesis on Engi around 60, dunno how many doubles it was, but nowhere near impossible.
Same for Conq/Vanq, doubles happen, and they don't.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)