Recent Topics

Ads

Idea to adjust AAO

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
pastarien

Idea to adjust AAO

Post#1 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Hey all,

Yesterday I had an Idea when I was watching a streamer talking about AAO, and saying that people are loging off when they see the other faction with AAO and have no interest to ORVR 2h in a zone for 15k renown.

My idea, is why not, add system like the mercenary system in wow.

The system is, when horde player have a long Q time for battleground like 7mins+, you can talk to a npc and go fight for the alliance in battelground as long you have the buff.

Why not add a system like that in ROR? I know it's not realy good for the nation pride :)

But it gives an alternative and incentive to player to play and balance ORVR population, maybe this system can be added with some tweaks? It would be weird to see a WL play with destro or a Marauder play with order :)

Right now with AAO the way it works, it's realy difficult for new players or anyone trying to farm RR when youre playtime is constently on the overpopullated side, and its not eveyrone who have characters on both faction, or want to level 2 different characters...This would give a nice alternative, devs always say ORVR is the focus of ROR...Give more option for player to enjoy it :)

Ads
marisco

Re: Idea to adjust AAO

Post#2 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:37 pm

This system only works in WoW because the class pool is shared between the factions. What happens in that system is just a race change.

With unique classes based on non-exact mirrors like we have here, it would create another layer of balance issues: Suddenly the devs would have to worry about how classes balance against their own realm in addition to the opposing one.