Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestions] QoL improvments to 6v6 scenarios

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: [Suggestions] QoL improvments to 6v6 scenarios

Post#21 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Urdeg wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:26 am
Caffeine wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:13 pm
Urdeg wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:53 pm I don't see how removing guard will put melee characters at any less of a disadvantage when it comes to being kited, but you seem veey convinced. Would you mind explaining that thread of logic?
Guards essentially provide a safespace for RDPS to freecast from without any possibility for counterplay. If a Bright Wizard is hugging the warcamp a marauder can use Flames of Fate on him but it's pointless because attempting to hit the BW would result in the whole group wiping to guards. You can't stagger+champ said BW for the same reason.
It seems to me like a much quicker and easier fix would be to stay away from right outside the enemy spawn and fight around the battlefield objectives, well away from any invincible BW.
Well if you're pushing an enemy back, the last thing that either party will be thinking about is 'we better not get too close to the spawn incase of guards'. Guards prevent a complete wipe. In an ideal situation, you'd wipe the enemy, go back to middle, and rinse-repeat until someone concedes and you can take the flag/objective.

Given that a very select few queue for this scenario, and that they overwhelmingly vote in favour of removing guards...it is pretty indicative of the fact that guards do nothing but hinder fights/sentiment that guards are not necessary.

Also, in a map like Caledor Woods (current 6v6 sc), they aren't necessary whatsoever as you cannot get into enemy warcamp (maybe there is some exploit to do so, but that can be rectified easily by reporting people who do it/adding a rock or some ****).

Ads
Urdeg

Post#22 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Fair enough! Those are good points
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Vtal

Post#23 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Some good suggestions by OP, I hope devs implement it.

Saftdryck
Banned

Post#24 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:26 pm

Supporting this fully
Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

Reesh

Post#25 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:27 pm

These are logical and potentially really welcome improvements. I approve.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#26 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Yes to 1
No to 2
Yes to 3

:D

I think renown-trainers in sc would be a too big disadvantage for range comps.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Caffeine

Post#27 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Monthly reminder that this is still a good idea.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Penril

Post#28 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:38 pm

marisco wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:38 pm Wasn't the whole point of disabling AnywhereTrainer to prevent people from respecing in scenarios to match the opposing team comp? :roll:
What was wrong with using your brain and trying to come up with a strategy in 2 minutes?

Ayyy.... :lol:

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Caffeine wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:29 pm Monthly reminder that this is still a good idea.
Flogging a dead horse, my guy.

Leecifer

Post#30 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:19 am

Why not just remove the spawn guards instead of removing the guard ability? Removing guard will hurt the MDPS you say is at a disadvantage.

+1 on bringing back ability to respect without a trainer.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman