Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress siege + gold bag rolling feedback.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Collateral

Re: Fortress siege + gold bag rolling feedback.

Post#41 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:34 am

One way to prevent people from giving up zones entirely could be to reward invader medals in the final zones before forts. That way you still have a reason to fight for the zone, while making some progress towards invader gear. You can't blame people for choosing the path of least resistance. After all, it's in the design of the game, so it's only logical.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#42 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Collateral wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:34 am One way to prevent people from giving up zones entirely could be to reward invader medals in the final zones before forts. That way you still have a reason to fight for the zone, while making some progress towards invader gear. You can't blame people for choosing the path of least resistance. After all, it's in the design of the game, so it's only logical.
I can see it from a perspective where that would be yet another reason to not fight for the zone at all. Faster flip, faster medallions. Same problem.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Xergon

Post#43 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:17 pm
Collateral wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:34 am One way to prevent people from giving up zones entirely could be to reward invader medals in the final zones before forts. That way you still have a reason to fight for the zone, while making some progress towards invader gear. You can't blame people for choosing the path of least resistance. After all, it's in the design of the game, so it's only logical.
I can see it from a perspective where that would be yet another reason to not fight for the zone at all. Faster flip, faster medallions. Same problem.
Yes, its player mentality problem, not easy fix for it.

Maybe good try would be CONTRIBUTION Reservation slots (which Natherul said should work but it doesn't) maybe 24 slot is too few, 48 should be proper amount (half of 96) for invaders and 36 for defenders.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Collateral

Post#44 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:29 pm

That's why you should reward player kills, not a zone flip. It promotes fighting at least to some extent. Maybe make a quest like we used to have for conq medals. Each end zone has a quest to kill x amount of players for y amount of medals.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#45 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Collateral wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:29 pm
That's why you should reward player kills, not a zone flip. It promotes fighting at least to some extent. Maybe make a quest like we used to have for conq medals. Each end zone has a quest to kill x amount of players for y amount of medals.
Which would be farmed endlessly. Hard pass on that.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gangan

Post#46 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:39 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:16 pm
Spoiler:
Collateral wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Which would be farmed endlessly. Hard pass on that.
Maybe it could be turned it in at your lord, during a fortress-def? Only kills in last zone before the fortress should count, only for defender and all three zone should have a separate one^^

Like " Hey, you didn't stop the enemies, but at least you tried. Here's your Good-Noodle-Star 😅"
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

bloodi
Suspended

Post#47 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 pm

A system that encourages you giving up till you can put your enemies in a position where they are at heavy disadvantage? Great stuff.

A system that encourages attakcing the enemy for kills but then it would actually give gear in a consistent manner? Hard pass.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#48 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 am

bloodi wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:46 pm
Panodil wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:38 pm But you get Medallions for loosing, should be fine when gear are purshable
So does the faction that gets the bags but one of the factions has to push the campaign so they can attakc a fort and get farmed in it while giving the opposing faction BiS gear.

If you folks cant figure how this encourages not pushing the campaign and you rather lose, so you can get into fortress defenses, well,i really dont know what to say.

Somehow now people who refuse to defend till they have an almost an insurmountable advantage via the fortress are now the ones who should be rewarded because "they deserve it"
I dont get how no one answered you, because this is exactly the problem. No one will want to attack a fort and push campaign when you can also wait for theenemy to attack andget easy bags. This system rewards losing the campaign and i really dont see how a losing realm deserves the treasure in the end.

Ads
mubbl

Post#49 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:33 am

Spoiler:
saupreusse wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 am
bloodi wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:46 pm
Panodil wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:38 pm But you get Medallions for loosing, should be fine when gear are purshable
So does the faction that gets the bags but one of the factions has to push the campaign so they can attakc a fort and get farmed in it while giving the opposing faction BiS gear.

If you folks cant figure how this encourages not pushing the campaign and you rather lose, so you can get into fortress defenses, well,i really dont know what to say.

Somehow now people who refuse to defend till they have an almost an insurmountable advantage via the fortress are now the ones who should be rewarded because "they deserve it"
I dont get how no one answered you, because this is exactly the problem. No one will want to attack a fort and push campaign when you can also wait for theenemy to attack andget easy bags. This system rewards losing the campaign and i really dont see how a losing realm deserves the treasure in the end.
i want to attack a fort and push the campaign, but a certain problem orcure: immense blobbing of enemys in a zone so ram lags out, dev say srew you go start somewhere else, take the less rewards(no enemy in zone,aao malus) and prepare another full campaign lock (cool story: 2star ram=15min waiting on bo). and everything goes back to "i wanna play my st in large scale, i dont wanna adapt i just want to blob...omg gtdc op".
How the "losing" realm deserves the treasure in this enviroment?....hmmm maybe, because the attackers cant take the last step for some of the mentioned reasons? its a basic of i won the battles but not the war.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#50 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:28 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 amI dont get how no one answered you, because this is exactly the problem. No one will want to attack a fort and push campaign when you can also wait for theenemy to attack andget easy bags. This system rewards losing the campaign and i really dont see how a losing realm deserves the treasure in the end.
Well i kinda got a reply, "this never happens and if it did, i would delete the gear of the people who did that".

Except it happened a lot since forts were implemented and unless we star deleting all gear in the game, everyone is culprit of it, order and destruction.

In the first 4 forts that i was part of, it was 3 attacks of order and 1 destruction, i didnt see a single piece of order gear posted in any discord till order defended, where they could actually farm contribution by killing destruction over and over, basically pushing the campaign and forcing 3 attacks made destruction richer.

And is simple to fix, just make the realms roll on separate tables, dont mix them up, you cant just reward only the side who won in a fight that is asymetrycal, one side gets advantage and while that still exists, the incentive and benefit of giving up will always be there.

And no, people wont change, is the system that has to work around the fact that people are shitty, not the other way around.