Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress siege + gold bag rolling feedback.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nishka
Suspended

Re: Fortress siege + gold bag rolling feedback.

Post#31 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:44 pm

I see a lot of people who want to give up the regular zones without a fight and farm forts (as defenders). Is this acceptable, normal practice or something that should be frowned upon?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
Manatikik

Post#32 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm

Nishka wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:44 pm I see a lot of people who want to give up the regular zones without a fight and farm forts (as defenders). Is this acceptable, normal practice or something that should be frowned upon?
Depends how much Realm Pride you got. But if you already have BiS gear and just need Invader then why wouldn't you want to have as much Fortress action as possible?
<Montague><Capulet>

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:48 pm

Manatikik wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm
Nishka wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:44 pm I see a lot of people who want to give up the regular zones without a fight and farm forts (as defenders). Is this acceptable, normal practice or something that should be frowned upon?
Depends how much Realm Pride you got. But if you already have BiS gear and just need Invader then why wouldn't you want to have as much Fortress action as possible?
Sounds like drama and fantasy. Send me love letters of people intentionally griefing their own realm so I can wipe their currency bags and accidentally their equipped sets. Will make sure they have a reason to play.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Manatikik

Post#34 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:48 pm
Manatikik wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm
Sounds like drama and fantasy. Send me love letters of people intentionally griefing their own realm so I can wipe their currency bags and accidentally their equipped sets. Will make sure they have a reason to play.
I don't think anyone is griefing? Just saying once it gets to the last zone to be pushed I could see people not defending the last Keep.
<Montague><Capulet>

Nishka
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 pm

I don't think they actively grief. Just write in the channel to give up the zone without a fight
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#36 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 pm

Nishka wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 pm I don't think they actively grief. Just write in the channel to give up the zone without a fight
I think you might be able to see the difference here. Alas, I was looking forward to encouraging some fools...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Skullgrin

Post#37 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 pm
Nishka wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 pm I don't think they actively grief. Just write in the channel to give up the zone without a fight
I think you might be able to see the difference here. Alas, I was looking forward to encouraging some fools...

You can "accidentally" replace my mount with a Juggernaut of Khorne mount, if it will make you happy... :lol: :P :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

anarchypark

Post#38 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:52 pm

This is major issue for me.
It's killing motivation to fight.
can't blame them, it's really bad design from mythic.
as defender, why you prevent opening your fort ?
attacker/defender position and
80% population is not enough.
there's no reason currently.
open any fort and u can profit.
it'll continue in city, let's lose fort to open city.

suggestion:
1. defender penalty.
give reasons to push back zones.
there should be much bigger difference between winner and loser in opening fort.
only attackers get invader?
but it'll also kill motivation to defend.

I think we need to review reward system.
defenders get reserved bag only.
to claim reserved reward you have to attack.
Or
defenders get bag roll bonus only.
actual bag roll only happen in success of invade.

2. 5~10min decay timer token to enter fort.
to get it you have to fight for lock in last zone.
combined with top 24 priority it will reduce mentality of abandoning.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Nishka
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Well yes, I think there should be some sort of a penalty for letting it come to fort defense. You're losing the war, after all.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#40 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:42 am

the penalty is that defenders gets a way lower chance for loot as well as one city siege gets implemented (yes far away but still) its one step closer to getting your city attacked and probably way lesser chance for loot there as well.