Recent Topics

Ads

Cleansing Disparity

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Telen
Suspended

Re: Cleansing Disparity

Post#11 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:58 am

adamthelc wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:21 am If it ain't broke dont fix it.

But more seriously, is there a serious issue because of this? Or are people just examining things on paper too much and seeing a problem where there isnt one?
There is a problem as I stated. Squig Herder heal debuff avoiding the gcleanse while SWs hd is cleansed and WH being cleansed by DoK gcleanse and WE not from WP. There is a clear disparity between the ability to cleanse being just stronger on destro by having Orders main cleanser cleansing less.

Its not even a hard fix changing 3 damage types makes cleansing completely balanced between all healers. That were only the way they are because mythic couldnt make the lore fit with SH and WH not being able to be magic related type and instead being ailment.

These kinds of disparity are overlooked by the population because they are so fixated on their own class. Balance the foundational elements and then you can balance classes side by side. Otherwise any balancing between WH/WE SW/WH WP/DoK is lacking an important factor.

Ads
Tesq

Post#12 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Mah being the devil advocate i could say what does matter? They are st heal debuff and they get buried over dots and snare , they are not cleanse randomly by a dok /wp cleansing another target.

Aka dont compare aoe stuff cleansing power vs st debuffing power.

Then you can just say that dok cleanse more usefull stuff that wp by core but thats another thing that need to he prove.

Aoe cleanse is meant for aoe stuff. Thus this has noting to do with g-cleanse.

It's just ammount of stuff any healer can or can not cleanse, also HD just saying are not the only important things, what of snare? Or very nasty dmg type such bw/sorc bomb dot.
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:37 pm

AM can cleanse SH and WE.

Issue is that AM doesn't really have a spot over WP (WP much better sustained AoE heals/survivability), so in my opinion that should be what we are looking at (as opposed to changing dmg types for abilities).

Tesq

Post#14 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:39 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:37 pm AM can cleanse SH and WE.

Issue is that AM doesn't really have a spot over WP (WP much better sustained AoE heals/survivability), so in my opinion that should be what we are looking at (as opposed to changing dmg types for abilities).
Heal Channeling on the move........(and with a better body movement xD) just to start mentioning.

Luuca

Post#15 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Heal Channeling on the move........(and with a better body movement xD) just to start mentioning.
I think you meant to say 1sec cast Heal + HoT on the move. No channeled Funnel Essence while moving.

I think the AM is in a good place. I'd like to see the class mechanic add to heals and damage like before, but it's not horrible as it sits now. I sure would like the M1 Aisha's Ward back to 60 seconds as it is pretty much our only get-outta-jail free card while the counter Shaman has a %chance proc tactic that makes them Herbie the Wonder Kiter.

Aisha

Post#16 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 pm

I think you meant to say 1sec cast Heal + HoT on the move. No channeled Funnel Essence while moving.

I think the AM is in a good place. I'd like to see the class mechanic add to heals and damage like before, but it's not horrible as it sits now. I sure would like the M1 ISHA'S Ward back to 60 seconds as it is pretty much our only get-outta-jail free card while the counter Shaman has a %chance proc tactic that makes them Herbie the Wonder Kiter.
Fixed for ya 8)

Luuca

Post#17 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:11 pm

Aisha wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

I think the AM is in a good place. I'd like to see the class mechanic add to heals and damage like before, but it's not horrible as it sits now. I sure would like the M1 ISHA'S Ward back to 60 seconds as it is pretty much our only get-outta-jail free card while the counter Shaman has a %chance proc tactic that makes them Herbie the Wonder Kiter.
Fixed for ya 8)
Thanks, now fix the Zealot M1 Tz's talon, AKA the best-in-game M1 for group utility of any healer on either side. No other healer has this M1 at all - NONE. Tz's Talon has game leading 1320 Armor debuff, a 504 resistance debuff, a 15 second duration, and a 100 foot range. Because it is a morale ability it STACKS with attack abilities that debuff the same Armor and resists and is a massive edge for focusing down a single target priority enemy.

Aisha

Post#18 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 pm

Spoiler:
Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:11 pm
Aisha wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Fixed for ya 8)
Thanks, now fix the Zealot M1 TZEENTCH´S talon, AKA the best-in-game M1 for group utility of any healer on either side. No other healer has this M1 at all - NONE. TZEENTCH´S Talon has game leading 1320 Armor debuff, a 504 resistance debuff, a 15 second duration, and a 100 foot range. Because it is a morale ability it STACKS with attack abilities that debuff the same Armor and resists and is a massive edge for focusing down a single target priority enemy.
sure mate, fixed again :mrgreen: :lol:

Ads