Recent Topics

Ads

Sincere feedback about my impression RVR and Fort

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfinnete
Banned

Sincere feedback about my impression RVR and Fort

Post#1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Guys, I do not want to sound rude so if it does, excuse me.
Some might say it's crazy, conspiracy theory. I play in the 2 factions and I have respectable and very well-equipped characters on both sides and what I'm going to say is not just about when I'm winning or losing.
Order has been dominating RvR for a long time, I think it's a year, and I've been there and Destruction as well. What I can say is that on the Order side things happen more fluently, with less problems in the game, with fewer buggs and when something happens, there is always a GM helping and giving progress in what Order started. Like for example when RAM or Lord bugg, GM gives its way and keeps the siege running and that's great! It is very frustrating to spend hours and hours at the end something out of the control of players disrupt the outcome.

Dest knows how frustrating it is to start a siege and be prevented from ending it because of a bugg on Ram or a disoriented Lord.

On the Destruction side when problems happen, and see that they happen almost every day, even if it is not the player's fault, in the vast majority they simply bugg and when we call some GM they make soft body, and in very rare exception of willing to help. Evidences? I do not have, only those who have the courage to admit. So if you do not believe, you can stop reading and leaving the topic.

Currently the big problem is in the Fort, which I thank very much the Devs for providing something that in Live was discarded, but let's face it, it needs a lot of adjustments and now with the massacre blue, Destruction comes down to defenses, which have become useless and depressing since the portal to the Fort bugg every day, every hour that has fort, as the reserve system locks up and passes the whole locked fort to the reserved entrance of those who have been in the RvR. Do not ask me where the players with reservation go after the lease zone, I think it can be a bugg in which even entering does not release the system reserve.

But in what can this all impact?

Simple, as Order has been dominating the RvR, farm RP, equipment before the fort, now they begin to equip themselves with Invader very easily because nobody of the destrtuction roll bags, because they do not live 15seconds in the first push.

The attack of the fort is only lasting the time of the door to fall, because without defense the Lord dies in 5min. I really do not know if the Devs are not aware of this or are busy creating solutions, but it would be wise to disable the Fort until the issues are resolved.

-But I win 75k RP with x2 even losing in 5min!
I do not think that way. I would like things as they should be, and if you win the 75k, I guarantee that you will soon be out of the fort because you will not be able, why buggy into the portal even if it has a vacancy and it will frustrate you.

I appreciate the understanding of who cares and I'm sorry if somehow I was not clear, my English is very limited.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Sincere feedback about my impression RVR and Fort

Post#2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:44 pm

If you somehow missed it, Ive been working on them to improve them week by week and yes there is cases where it feels like we get one step closer and 2 steps back.

Even so I cannot really gain any data if forts are disabled, nor can I make good improvements without said data.

The way that fort handle entry internally was changed (it was needed to fix some bugs and some exploits) last patch and I bodged up reservations badly and that has been fixed in the most recent hotfix. There are still issues but issues that I need data to fix.

Tesq

Post#3 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Natherul wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:44 pm If you somehow missed it, Ive been working on them to improve them week by week and yes there is cases where it feels like we get one step closer and 2 steps back.

Even so I cannot really gain any data if forts are disabled, nor can I make good improvements without said data.

The way that fort handle entry internally was changed (it was needed to fix some bugs and some exploits) last patch and I bodged up reservations badly and that has been fixed in the most recent hotfix. There are still issues but issues that I need data to fix.
i think that 1 step to make forts better is limit the farm cuz right now is just stupid how forts are getting zerg since the number inside forts is decided by attcker force and not defenders. This is not a complain in regard attackers being the more numberous side even if i have something against that, this system make easier litteraly zerg forts if the other side defending dont have 75% of their number, you are just outnumbered unless i swapped who make other side numbers.

instead had fix max numbers for both side the number of attacker that can enter should also be based on defender; make so that

attackers = currently defender / 75 x 100

this way you still get defender in numnber of 75% of attackers like you want but if you have 24 defenders you cant have 50 attackers they will be 32, i think this is getting exploited right now and similar case in past for much less recived a gear wipe.......considering also gear is getting look at maybe it would be better deal with this exessive farm; also even if the above is nt right you should give a look at % of attackers victory since you ( mean team) said forts should be hard to conquer but what i see is that 90% of forts end in attackers favour, aka is harder lock a zone than conquer a fort
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mogogga

Post#4 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm going to give positive feedback because I often hear these complaints. I also play both Order and Destruction at medium levels (RR60-70) with highest (and focus) on Destruction.

We've had a good run of winning forts when we (Destruction) were defending and I'm already at 5/7 Invader so the "other side has more gear" doesn't ring true for me and other guildies have 4 pieces or 100+ medals - mind this is in a greenskin roleplaying guild so *NOT* hardcore...

The last Fort (today, BP) was 2:1 Order:Destruction and was very quickly over so the pop cap/reservation controls need some work otherwise we're just rolled over in 5 after inner door down.

Reservations are working, tested twice today and both had rewards so the hotfix worked.

So I think once the fort population issues are solved it will be back to a game of skill that either side can win.

The only thing I could think of tuning would be the flag stage (stage 2) as it tends to be 5/0 for the attacking side but even this doesn't influence stage 3 unevenly and both win/loss are possible.

Cheers,
Mogogga.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:25 pm

mogogga wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:45 pm I'm going to give positive feedback because I often hear these complaints. I also play both Order and Destruction at medium levels (RR60-70) with highest (and focus) on Destruction.

We've had a good run of winning forts when we (Destruction) were defending and I'm already at 5/7 Invader so the "other side has more gear" doesn't ring true for me and other guildies have 4 pieces or 100+ medals - mind this is in a greenskin roleplaying guild so *NOT* hardcore...

The last Fort (today, BP) was 2:1 Order:Destruction and was very quickly over so the pop cap/reservation controls need some work otherwise we're just rolled over in 5 after inner door down.

Reservations are working, tested twice today and both had rewards so the hotfix worked.

So I think once the fort population issues are solved it will be back to a game of skill that either side can win.

The only thing I could think of tuning would be the flag stage (stage 2) as it tends to be 5/0 for the attacking side but even this doesn't influence stage 3 unevenly and both win/loss are possible.

Cheers,
Mogogga.
People might not understand what they're defending flags for. Your Lord gets buffed significantly as each BO is held. You should really be using every last person down to the last minute of stage two trying to capture them.

It's not a matter of who has them last, but who has them longest.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

bloodi
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:25 pmPeople might not understand what they're defending flags for. Your Lord gets buffed significantly as each BO is held. You should really be using every last person down to the last minute of stage two trying to capture them.

People understand that perfectly, is just that the benefit you get is nowhere near close how screwed you are if you get killed near the end of the phase.

That paired with the barrage makes going out the lord room a pointless thing, if i can still defend after they got all bos for the entire time, why would i dare going outside the lord room while recieing periodic aoe just so my lord gets buffed?

Unless i am not able to defend if i dont go for the flags, going for the flags will always will be a "win more" condition rather than a way to win.

Manatikik

Post#7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:25 pm
mogogga wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:45 pm I'm going to give positive feedback because I often hear these complaints. I also play both Order and Destruction at medium levels (RR60-70) with highest (and focus) on Destruction.

Cheers,
Mogogga.
People might not understand what they're defending flags for. Your Lord gets buffed significantly as each BO is held. You should really be using every last person down to the last minute of stage two trying to capture them.

Honestly one of the things Forts need the most imo is some visual representation of success/timer or what have you. We all know a majority of the server PUGs with their head in the sand (in regards to checking forums for Patch notes to understand how the changes work) and a little herding might make it all go smoother. Obviously the first and third stage would be easiest with a timer but some way to visually represent the ‘score’ of the second stage might come I handy (maybe points that count up for time with the flags? I don’t know this would be the only weird one). I think that’d make the entire process smoother and help people feel more engaged during the down times of Fort play.

Granted I’m sure balancing and bug fixing forts take priority over QoL changes like that.
<Montague><Capulet>

Azerreth

Post#8 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:57 am

I feel the BO system is fundamentally flawed in this, as every fort I've been in has been a lost Defense. Order comes in and just dominants the whole round; Most of the time we have issues getting people in.( I understand that is being worked on, thank you for working on it so readily.) But I feel as though the BO system as it stands kind of sucks, Id rather have lieutenants on the field that we fight alongside to try and push the invaders out.

Four or five really tough bosses who give the advantage to the defenders, it is their keep after all. The Invaders should have to really work for it to actually manage a successful push; And Since its an instanced almost SC like event I don't see the harm in it. It also could be a good seg-way into the city sieges (Depending on what version you go with. Whether the launch version, or the revised version in the later days of the games life.) Heck we could perhaps adopt the later version of city sieges here, where Our lord engages their lord on the inner. Four or Five players get made big and get a huge buff, and the objective is to kill the soldiers with the buff then clear the rest of them.

This enforces PvP More readily, because from what I've seen and experienced order zergs around the fort and holds the flags. Destro most of the time just kind of tries to get one or two; But fails or manages to get it but then are wiped out and looses the flag.

Order has and probably will continue to dominate RvR, Im not gonna get into that as I don't know how to fix it. (Or more a way to fix it without being a crude S.O.B because Frankly I dislike order.) We have a population issue and its only growing, Im not sure the cause because I remember it used to be the opposite.

Anyhow I agree, Thank you for making forts a thing as I missed out on them in live only getting to watch over my friends shoulder. It needs some work but it will get there im sure in time, perhaps.

~Cheers

Ads
Nidwin

Post#9 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:25 pm People might not understand what they're defending flags for. Your Lord gets buffed significantly as each BO is held. You should really be using every last person down to the last minute of stage two trying to capture them.

Tough times on destro side when you're facing a triple warband blob inside the fort walls and end with 3x RIP debuff after 5 mins. Holding a flag for 1 minute is already an achievement before being rolled over by the red wave.

Outsie TUP + NRM super pros during EU prime time the only way I see us having a true go is if we can bring in the full Gruf greens wb + the Druchii full one. I'm of course talking when order has 250+ in T4 and can fill the fort with 120 pukes.

And you're right, we destro players are true imbeciles, complete idiots and we understand absolutely nothing. But as you wrote, because we truly are so stupid we do feed over and over and over again the order blob till the last, very last minute. We truly do actually. Destruction idiots don't give up, never do. :D :twisted:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#10 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:27 am

We've had a good run of winning forts when we (Destruction) were defending and I'm already at 5/7 Invader

DUDE WTF 5\7 ???????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
]