Recent Topics

Ads

Forts ending shouldnt reset active zones in other pairings

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TenTonHammer

Forts ending shouldnt reset active zones in other pairings

Post#1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Its no small truth that when forts are active the rest of the game grinds to a halt and for those of us not fortunate enough to get in there is not much else to do.

However it is even more frustrating when during that time you go into a lake, manage rank up the zone to get a seige going only for a fort flip to wipe all your progress

Today destro manged to push into stonetroll lord room and just as we were about to attack the lord the fell landing flip reset the zone and turned it back into a destro keep making it feel like you did nothing at all while fort was going on

Just my 2 cents

Ads
Tesq

Re: Forts ending shouldnt reset active zones in other pairings

Post#2 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:18 pm

This indirectly also make fight us all the time in elf and dwarf pairing...since game give precedence to unlcok those bad zones...

Hargrim
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm Today destro manged to push into stonetroll lord room and just as we were about to attack the lord the fell landing flip reset the zone and turned it back into a destro keep making it feel like you did nothing at all while fort was going on

To get this right:

When Elf fortress locked Empire T2 did reset?

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:05 pm

yes that is what happed right after we got the message that order locked elf pairing the keep reset, lord and npcs were replaced with destro stars etc

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:11 am

This is not a new issue that was introduced with forts and something that we are investigating.

Obviously it's not intended and should be on bugtracker and not here :)

zak68

Post#6 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:46 pm

do you need an appropriate bugtracker entry for this ?
ps: i was there when it happened

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:32 pm

zak68 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:46 pm do you need an appropriate bugtracker entry for this ?
ps: i was there when it happened
Well I am aware of the issue but if you have any information to add that might shed light on why it happens on rare occasions (there is code thats supposed to prevent this) then by all means Id love for a report on it.

My previous response was merely that its an obvious bug and those belong on the bugtracker :D