Recent Topics

Ads

Morale Drains are out of hand

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Collateral

Re: Morale Drains are out of hand

Post#21 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 am

Are people really talking about st morale drains in rvr? If I saw a bo using morale drain tactic I would kick him from wb. Also, bo m4 that has to be specced can't even compare to solar flare, which is simply ridiculous in siege fights, as already mentioned. Destro has no counter play to this other than double morale pump shammys, and mara morale drains (which order can ignore by standing behind the walls).

But in open field it's a different story. Wh md can't even compare to mara. Also, wh lacks so much wb utility that taking him over a slayer or bw just for md is pointless, you lose more than you gain. Plus, md every 5s? That won't cut it I'm afraid, since destro tank morale pump icd has been reduced (at least for bo it's back to 3s, not sure about chosen). If devs really intend to give wh a role for wb, they drastically need to change his wb utility. Mainly that means sheer aoe damage. If wh had the utility and tankiness of mara, sure you can take him. But as it is now it's useless.

Ads
scatterthewinds

Post#22 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:00 am

Its fine how it is.
/thread imo.

roadkillrobin

Post#23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:03 am

Order have always been better in defensive and close formation enviroments. Destro have always been better in open terrain and oppurtunistic enviroment. Thats how the game is purposly designed for RVR.

In small scale order is better early game and late game, while destro dominates the midgame.

Tesq

Post#24 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 am

Spoiler:
Nidwin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:24 am
Tesq wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Dragon gun?
that tactic have no point with position requirement, you are basically forced to hide and solo aoe dps from behind enemy line aka a suicide......im in favor to fix it, like from ages... and make dragon gun an aoe KD aswell instead....i will definetly bring wh into a wb then...and it would be also THAT cool....
I think you are confusing Dragon Gun with Pistol Whip.

I presume Dragon Gun works the same way as On Your Knees, except for the damaging part.
I don't play order but, correct me WH players if I'm wrong, from the tooltip Dragon Gun does 1 hit damage while On Your Knees, like most Witch Elf finishers, does 2x damage as a double hit.

I can only speak for On Your Knees so if it's different for Witch Hunters, my bad. On Your Knees doesn't require any positioning except, line of sight and the target needs be in 30ft range.
I don't know if the drain is single target or everyone hit by On Your Knees as I'm not on the receiving side.
Tried Yesterday evening FtHQ in combo with OYK but that did not seem to work, pity.
nah, piatol whip is st moreover the 2 melee class which should have access to rkd are just we and wl. Wh need an aoe KD like mara instead current dragon gun implementation ( which you replace by fix an alredy pre-existing tactic for moral drain ). This would have been the easy way to make class work into wb since you had to remove a positional on a tactic and slap a 2 sec aoe kd onto 1 empty skill without NOT touch pre existing st builds but...nope.....

Nidwin

Post#25 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 am

Tesq wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 am
Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 am

that tactic have no point with position requirement, you are basically forced to hide and solo aoe dps from behind enemy line aka a suicide......im in favor to fix it, like from ages... and make dragon gun an aoe KD aswell instead....i will definetly bring wh into a wb then...and it would be also THAT cool....

I presume Dragon Gun works the same way as On Your Knees, except for the damaging part.
I don't play order but, correct me WH players if I'm wrong, from the tooltip Dragon Gun does 1 hit damage while On Your Knees, like most Witch Elf finishers, does 2x damage as a double hit.

I can only speak for On Your Knees so if it's different for Witch Hunters, my bad. On Your Knees doesn't require any positioning except, line of sight and the target needs be in 30ft range.
I don't know if the drain is single target or everyone hit by On Your Knees as I'm not on the receiving side.
Tried Yesterday evening FtHQ in combo with OYK but that did not seem to work, pity.
nah, piatol whip is st . Wh need an aoe KD like mara instead current dragon gun implementation ( which you replace by fix an alredy pre-existing tactic for moral drain ). This would have been the easy way to make class work into wb since you had to remove a positional on a tactic and slap a 2 sec aoe kd onto 1 empty skill but...nope.....
Got it.
You want
BaL
Abso Spam (25% critt tactic)
50% critt damage increase
KD

and now super Pistol Whip with a aoe kd + aoe morale drain à la Marauder all in the same tree.

Anything else on the wishlist Tesq?

May be for wb utlility BaL could be made aoe with the same super Pistol Whip tactic with a 10% damage reduction. It's the Witch Hunter so there truly is a good chance you could get it.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Kragg

Post#26 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 am

xanderous wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:24 am Weird to see a post like this while order is consistently draining destros morale with knights M4 making fort sieges near impossible to defend with no counter morale.
By one and the same guy :mrgreen:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Manatikik

Post#27 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 am

Nidwin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 am
Spoiler:

nah, piatol whip is st . Wh need an aoe KD like mara instead current dragon gun implementation ( which you replace by fix an alredy pre-existing tactic for moral drain ). This would have been the easy way to make class work into wb since you had to remove a positional on a tactic and slap a 2 sec aoe kd onto 1 empty skill but...nope.....
Got it.
You want
BaL
KD

and now super Pistol Whip with a aoe kd + aoe morale drain à la Marauder all in the same tree.

May be for wb utlility BaL could be made aoe with the same super Pistol Whip tactic with a 10% damage reduction. It's the Witch Hunter so there truly is a good chance you could get it.
Sound good to me, can you make that happen? Thanks!
<Montague><Capulet>

Gangan

Post#28 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 am

Is there an addon that shows your moral gained(via pump) or drained? Something like the +AP in WSCT. Or is all you can do is watching your moralbar ?^^
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
Tesq

Post#29 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Spoiler:
Nidwin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 am
Spoiler:

Got it.
You want
BaL
KD

This is out of topic but the build is require to have higher stuff on 2 diff mastery you wont get Bal at all its an aoe build why get absolution tactic and bal which are both st. It would also be a rr70 build i checked wh masterys time ago.
Thosr change would mean nothing for small scale and buff only wb wh.

Also that build you mentioned it can alredy be done, the moral drain tactic is there and an aoe kd on dragon gun wont change that so whats the point of your post i dont get it, it's not a whishlist its a simple fix + add an aoe kd onto a total diff mastery from bal xD plus your st kd is 3 sec , what use you have for the aoe one with bal lol ...nid that didnt make anysense at all

Luuca

Post#30 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:10 pm

wachlarz wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 am
Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 am The classes are not mirrored and just like life, sometimes you feel like you are at a huge disadvantage - because you are.

Take for example the Zealot M1, Tzeentch's Talon. It's the best-in-game M1 for group utility of any healer on either side. With game leading 1320 Armor debuff, a 504 resistance debuff, a 15 second duration, and a 100 foot range, it's a massive edge for focusing down a single target priority enemy. And yet, it remains untouched and unmatched.
Bg/ borc/ mara can reduce armor too. 100ft range ? How many rpdps classea destro have ? ONE and sqig too can reduce armor. Reduce resistance ? Sorc have tac for this, magus have pet. So Luuca find other too op skill/morale on destro side
You missed the entire point. The OP was asking for parity for Destru and Order. I made a point that there are no mirrored classes and that sometimes you just gotta suck it up - like the Zealot M1 bing the best-in-game M1 for group utility of any healer on either side. No other healer has this M1 at all - NONE. Tz's Talon has game leading 1320 Armor debuff, a 504 resistance debuff, a 15 second duration, and a 100 foot range. Because it is a morale ability it STACKS with attack abilities that debuff the same Armor and resists and is a massive edge for focusing down a single target priority enemy. And yet, it remains untouched and unmatched. And that's OK.. right?