Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Class Mechanic Tweak

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Luuca

Re: [AM] Class Mechanic Tweak

Post#11 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:25 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 pm Guess what
what?

Ads
Luuca

Post#12 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:27 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:29 pm i'd say 5% heal crit instead of 5% more healing
As an AM, I already have enough heal crit. I would think the DPS specced AMs would like 5% more heals to offset the -25% healing from DPS tactics a little.. they don't stack enough heal crit for 5% to make a huge difference, but 5% to a HoT or self cast Boon..

DanielWinner

Post#13 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:37 pm

Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:25 pm
what?
viewforum.php?f=78
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Luuca

Post#14 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:37 pm
what?
viewforum.php?f=78
Oh no. I didn't see this covered in the proposal forums. I must have missed it. Sorry. Go ahead and lock, but link the thread so I can read it. I couldn't find it.

DanielWinner

Post#15 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:37 pm

what?
viewforum.php?f=78
Oh no. I didn't see this covered in the proposal forums. I must have missed it. Sorry. Go ahead and lock, but link the thread so I can read it. I couldn't find it.
I mean just copy it to Balance forums so devs could read/find it.

Afaik they have plans or at least have had a discussion for the Shaman/AM mechanic already.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Xergon

Post#16 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 am

Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:24 pm
Spoiler:
I am assuming if you are reading this thread and responding, you play an AM at 40/40 and I won't need to define each ability.

Let's face it, the AM class mechanic has been tinkered with in hopes of making it relevant in-game. As it sits now the class mechanic simply reduces cast times and that's it. It doesn't reward the AM with insta-casts of 2 second cast-time spells nor additional healing or damage based upon mechanic stacks.

They did remove Neutral from the class mechanic gearbox - and that helps manage the mechanic some, but I feel we could do more.

The change I would like to test is the following:

The healing Abilities that build Force should also build, at a rate of 1% per stack, a bonus to cast heals. 5% more heals max.
The abilities that build Tranquility should also build, at a rate of 1% per mechanic point, a bonus to disrupt strike through. 5% max Disrupt strike through.

The bonus is only experienced when consuming the class mechanic points of the opposite school. It uses all the points from the built up side and applies the percent bonus based upon stacks/points.

Example: Healer casts 3 Heals and builds 3 points of force. He casts Radiant Lance. Cast times are reduced as now by about .5 seconds AND he gets a 3% bonus to Disrupt Strike through. DPS AM casts 5 damage spells and builds 5 points of Tranquility. He casts group heal. Cast time is reduced as it sits now, and he receives a 5% increase in the healing. All points are consumed.

This change would not necessitate adding the Zero Point State (Neutral) back into the Class Mechanic because it will be as it sits now, but the additional bonuses to the AMs off-spec abilities would make the class mechanic stacks actually matter, be managed, and will help the AM be more effective.

By setting the Mechanic points as such, you greatly benefit the pure healer spec with additional Disrupt strike through on their under-performing dps spells while also mitigating some of the negative effects on heals of a pure dps build.

I play AM as Pure Healer and Hybrid DPS Healer (soon gonna try Pure DPS).

If that change would be strictly tied to bringing back Neutral point of mechanic (ZERO) then i don't want it, i prefer current state as it is.
Also right now mechanic points not only reduce cast time but also, some abilities get other benefits (example TransferForce or SearingTouch) - tested and it's working.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Izariel

Post#17 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:59 am

I think tranquil force should increase healing cast speed by 20% per tick, with 5 stacks making the spell instant. I think that Force stacks should increase the damage of the next direct damage spell by 5%, up to 25% for a stack of 5. I think this more fully meets the mechanic and makes it more useful.

1% isnt even worth bothering with.

Luuca

Post#18 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:04 am

Izariel wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:59 am I think tranquil force should increase healing cast speed by 20% per tick, with 5 stacks making the spell instant. I think that Force stacks should increase the damage of the next direct damage spell by 5%, up to 25% for a stack of 5. I think this more fully meets the mechanic and makes it more useful.

I think a 25% damage or heal increase would be overpowered as AMs already have great dps and heals. What i was trying to do is make the offspec more viable to promote more damage for heal spec and more heals for damage spec.

Ads
Izariel

Post#19 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 am

Luuca wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:04 am
Izariel wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:59 am I think tranquil force should increase healing cast speed by 20% per tick, with 5 stacks making the spell instant. I think that Force stacks should increase the damage of the next direct damage spell by 5%, up to 25% for a stack of 5. I think this more fully meets the mechanic and makes it more useful.

I think a 25% damage or heal increase would be overpowered as AMs already have great dps and heals. What i was trying to do is make the offspec more viable to promote more damage for heal spec and more heals for damage spec.
I disagree. It would not be overpowered. 5 full stacks would net you ONE instant heal spell. 5 full stacks the other way would net you 25% damage increase to ONE direct damage spell. It promotes strategic play and planning for these cooldowns.

Luuca

Post#20 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:09 am

Xergon wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 am
Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:24 pm
Spoiler:
I am assuming if you are reading this thread and responding, you play an AM at 40/40 and I won't need to define each ability.

Let's face it, the AM class mechanic has been tinkered with in hopes of making it relevant in-game. As it sits now the class mechanic simply reduces cast times and that's it. It doesn't reward the AM with insta-casts of 2 second cast-time spells nor additional healing or damage based upon mechanic stacks.

They did remove Neutral from the class mechanic gearbox - and that helps manage the mechanic some, but I feel we could do more.

The change I would like to test is the following:

The healing Abilities that build Force should also build, at a rate of 1% per stack, a bonus to cast heals. 5% more heals max.
The abilities that build Tranquility should also build, at a rate of 1% per mechanic point, a bonus to disrupt strike through. 5% max Disrupt strike through.

The bonus is only experienced when consuming the class mechanic points of the opposite school. It uses all the points from the built up side and applies the percent bonus based upon stacks/points.

Example: Healer casts 3 Heals and builds 3 points of force. He casts Radiant Lance. Cast times are reduced as now by about .5 seconds AND he gets a 3% bonus to Disrupt Strike through. DPS AM casts 5 damage spells and builds 5 points of Tranquility. He casts group heal. Cast time is reduced as it sits now, and he receives a 5% increase in the healing. All points are consumed.

This change would not necessitate adding the Zero Point State (Neutral) back into the Class Mechanic because it will be as it sits now, but the additional bonuses to the AMs off-spec abilities would make the class mechanic stacks actually matter, be managed, and will help the AM be more effective.

By setting the Mechanic points as such, you greatly benefit the pure healer spec with additional Disrupt strike through on their under-performing dps spells while also mitigating some of the negative effects on heals of a pure dps build.

I play AM as Pure Healer and Hybrid DPS Healer (soon gonna try Pure DPS).

If that change would be strictly tied to bringing back Neutral point of mechanic (ZERO) then i don't want it, i prefer current state as it is.
Also right now mechanic points not only reduce cast time but also, some abilities get other benefits (example TransferForce or SearingTouch) - tested and it's working.
I specifically stated that the class mechanic would not need the Zero point. I dont think that the way it works now, the cast tine dexreaser is good, but the benefirs provided for the others arent as needed or useful as an additive bonus to the offspec, i.e. landing a Transfer Essence or a silence against the high disrupt environment or providing better heals for a dps specced AM. It also helps out the hybrid spec greatly.