Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Spawn Campers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
bloodi
Suspended

Re: Fort Spawn Campers

Post#31 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:50 pm I fail to see the bigger issue here. Attackers are more then defenders and should easily be able to kill any defenders who spawn camp. It should be in the attackers best interest to have all the available forces pushing the objectives.
I would say i am impressed but i would be lying.

I look forward to the day you get spawn camped and somehow, it becomes an issue.

Ads
Zaxxond

Post#32 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:50 pm I fail to see the bigger issue here. Attackers are more then defenders and should easily be able to kill any defenders who spawn camp. It should be in the attackers best interest to have all the available forces pushing the objectives.
You are dead before screen loads as is evident in Martok's video. There is no bigger issue here. It's griefing and is a cheese tactic. Devs have addressed this same issue with warcamp buffs, SC guards and warcamp guards. Also to note, every time this happens when you respawn, you are easier to kill because of the stacking wounds debuff.

scatterthewinds

Post#33 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Speaking as one of these filthy spawn campers, we kill 3 guys spawning then 48 order jump down us from the wall and we play a very balanced 6v48. So its a non-issue. The most we can accomplish is annoy enough to buy our friends on the inside a few seconds relief from the zerg+cannons.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#34 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 pm
You are dead before screen loads as is evident in Martok's video. There is no bigger issue here. It's griefing and is a cheese tactic. Devs have addressed this same issue with warcamp buffs, SC guards and warcamp guards. Also to note, every time this happens when you respawn, you are easier to kill because of the stacking wounds debuff.
Repeating the same argument over and over gets old very fast, I do read 90% of the posts on the forum.
bloodi wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:04 pm
I would say i am impressed but i would be lying.

I look forward to the day you get spawn camped and somehow, it becomes an issue.
I have been in the past. And cheers for the confidence that I would only address things that affect me directly.

anarchypark

Post#35 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:04 pm
anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm attacking side can make special force for campers, like jail guard.
make it 12 if 6man campers are strong.
for defenders 6vs12 is good strategy to split numbers of attacker.
I think it's player issue, not system.

being attacked before end of loading screen is issue though.
Once again, spawn camping issue has already been addressed in other areas of this game so there has been a precedent set already by the Devs of this project. I disagree with you that this is a player issue and not a system issue. You even pointed out in your own comment that being attacked before your screen loads is an issue.

fort is instance, different from other orvr area. also different from SC.
special rules applied.
guard duty moved to players.

nothing stops attacking side to form counter force against campers.
i don't like campers too, but it's strategy.
attackers need better tactic.

i can't fight back in loading screen.
this should be addressed.
5sec immune?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Zaxxond

Post#36 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:15 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:08 pm Speaking as one of these filthy spawn campers, we kill 3 guys spawning then 48 order jump down us from the wall and we play a very balanced 6v48. So its a non-issue. The most we can accomplish is annoy enough to buy our friends on the inside a few seconds relief from the zerg+cannons.
I disagree. First off, attackers have cannons? Secondly, there is no wall to jump off by the Fort attacker respawns. Tertiary, in my opinion (I could be wrong, but still hold this opinion) you are not doing this griefing to help out your realm, but in fact to pad your deathblows and k/d ratio.

scatterthewinds

Post#37 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:21 pm

cannons = the aoe boom from the BOs
second, the spawn is very close to the walls and WBs definitely jump down on us.
third, that is indeed your opinion. We both know deathblows and k/d ratio are largely irrelevant. I play tanks so I get no kills anyways.

Zaxxond

Post#38 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:22 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:14 pm
Zaxxond wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:04 pm
anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm attacking side can make special force for campers, like jail guard.
make it 12 if 6man campers are strong.
for defenders 6vs12 is good strategy to split numbers of attacker.
I think it's player issue, not system.

being attacked before end of loading screen is issue though.
Once again, spawn camping issue has already been addressed in other areas of this game so there has been a precedent set already by the Devs of this project. I disagree with you that this is a player issue and not a system issue. You even pointed out in your own comment that being attacked before your screen loads is an issue.

fort is instance, different from other orvr area. also different from SC.
special rules applied.
guard duty moved to players.

nothing stops attacking side to form counter force against campers.
i don't like campers too, but it's strategy.
attackers need better tactic.

i can't fight back in loading screen.
this should be addressed.
5sec immune?
For this to be a real strategy, I agree with the guy earlier in the thread that stated to grab 1 entire defending warband and spawn camp and kill all respawners. That would be a strong strategy and a very smart move for the defenders to employ when the attackers wipe when the inner is down and the defenders are turtling and decimating the attackers push with m4's.

Ads
Zaxxond

Post#39 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:24 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:21 pm cannons = the aoe boom from the BOs
second, the spawn is very close to the walls and WBs definitely jump down on us.
third, that is indeed your opinion. We both know deathblows and k/d ratio are largely irrelevant. I play tanks so I get no kills anyways.
We salute your tank service. Come over to Order and tank. They are lacking tanks.

Sulorie

Post#40 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:31 pm

As attacker you have the manpower to protect your spawn as well as the jail. When you ignore your duty, because you zerg with all players in front of lord room, then it is your fault.
Wipe the spawn campers, when they die, they go to jail*, if not revived.

*during my last siege, defenders managed to prevent going to jail after dying, when their body disappeared. Probably crashing and abusing reservations to spawn back in fort spawn room.
Dying is no option.