Recent Topics

Ads

Invader catchup

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mepharees

Invader catchup

Post#1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:03 pm

So I had an idea this morning (after barely missing out on a fort 'cause of work).

Make it possible to trade Vanq to Invader medallions with a big ratio (like 30-40:1).

This would really help with building up to invader for people who can't make it to the very rare fort events due to work or simply logging in when the fort is already underway (full).

Remember that on live you only had to do two zones (e.g. Praag, CW) to trigger a fort, where the rewards were more frequent.
On RoR you have to go through T2,T3,T4,T4.5 in order to even hope to participate.

Thank you,
Halta.

Ads
Glorian

Re: Invader catchup

Post#2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:24 pm

I really would like that.
I love jumping into the forts when they open. But I can't play for 4 hours straight, meaning I can'tl be there when the zone opens, and then be there in the Fort for 90 Minutes. Well I did it once and then it was 2:30 am and I had to get up again 4 hours later.
While it was fun to feel like a zombie at work an relife the 2011 experience I'm to old for that. ;)

So even if it is like a 40:1 exchange rate I can join oRvR when I have time for 1-3 hours and do something in the direction of reaching the invader gear someday.

Valarion

Post#3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:50 pm

Its already been asked for here and its not going to happen.

The invader set is designed to be a somewhat limited, end game set accessible to anyone with a few hours of time. They dont want people who have been collecting vanq flat out purchasing invader (or using conq to purchase vanq for that matter).

While Im strongly against having to manage even more non-fully-compatible currencies amongst 12+ alts, I do understand their reasoning behind this.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

wachlarz

Post#4 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:38 pm

Why we cant make a system u can trade item van for inv only:
1. U must have All van items
2. U must have 70+ rr
3. One item van plus token >invader item
4. One inv token >100 van or more

Mepharees

Post#5 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 pm

As an example, there goes another day today with 0 forts. But when we go to sleep (EU) there's definitely 2 if not 3 that will take place (that's what happened yesterday US time).

There should be a slow catchup mechanic.

Reesh

Post#6 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 pm

What makes it worse, is no individual rolls with contribution and how good you did. Basically we can have a player that did 7 forts and have almost full invader, and then a player that was unlucky on gold bags, that did 50 forts and wasted 300hours of fort play + zone locking combined, and he'll be at 200 medalions, so still 20 left to go for a full set.

Just pure rng.

oaliaen

Post#7 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:47 am

Reesh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 pm What makes it worse, is no individual rolls with contribution and how good you did. Basically we can have a player that did 7 forts and have almost full invader, and then a player that was unlucky on gold bags, that did 50 forts and wasted 300hours of fort play + zone locking combined, and he'll be at 200 medalions, so still 20 left to go for a full set.

Just pure rng.
i did 20 forts and no gold bags

sargeraz69

Post#8 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:39 am

24 forts, 16 wins and no gold bag and only 1 purple bag in my first time, so for me this is totally broken, no matter what i do or how well i played the result is always the same.

Silverhand.

Ads
Reesh

Post#9 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:48 am

2 posts above proves the point. It's a true Korean farm in its worst way.

If the bag distribution stays as it is, medalion prices on whole set should be cut in half. Even with that step you still need to farm the hell out of it to get those 105.

Mepharees

Post#10 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Day 4 of no forts:

It's getting cold, food supplies are running low.
The cat looks tastier by the day.

Send help.