Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback on recent guard change.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Drozen

Feedback on recent guard change.

Post#1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:16 pm

So a little feedback on the recent guard change in the latest patch notes.viewtopic.php?f=42&t=30934

Where I'm coming from;

Playing tank mainly since live (the very start) both Chosen & BG.
Recently i play mostly WB (In TuP), Duo with friends and smallscale 6v6 from time to time.

The implications of the change is very massive, not for the generall mass but for those (me included) who actually want to play this game not only for fun but actually have some competetive mindset to it. Face it, Most ppl who play the game and pick the tank generally go for the 2h cuz #1 it looks bad ass #2 they wanna do big DEEEPZ. all of those (prob me also in the start, years ago..) For all of them the changes wont matter, except alot more ppl who join the same ""random" WB as those "tanks" will melt even faster if they even bother with a guard that is.

SO.. here we are, prob those who are in the Discord channel....RoR forum (obviusly), putting in a little effort and interest in the game in a organized guild or a active group of ppl playing with one anothere on a regulare basis. And not only logging in for 1h/day join a random zerg surfing wb and bitch a little (nothing negative about it or condesanding, just stating a diffrence here).

Playing tank for me have always been (since i can remember), play it as a tank first. Dont matter if i have SnB or a 2H, I will always do my best to mittigate dmg incoming for the team by using all my tools available. In WB that mostly mean; Guard, HTL & challenge. For the Smallscale setting that is very diffrent and way more fun (personal opinion), Chosen as example yes you can go SnB in smallscale but having that 50% reduction on your KB cd is way to important to loose, therefor i go 2h TANK build. I'm still tanky enough and can "own" the field with all my CC & all other tools i have to my disposal in my attempt to mittigate dmg directed towards my teamates. So if i still choose to go 2h i will actually be far less effective in my main goal, mittigating dmg fo my team and in this case more importantly my guardie wich will take 50% more dmg then he would otherwise do with me guarding him.

So what it my options here?

Well... go SnB(a way less fun gameplay in smallscale due to less options available) and in that example & loose a very much important tanking tool (smallscale setting)(Tactic hastend dissmisal, 50% KB cd reduction with 2h) or stay 2h and indeed have my guard unchanged but not be able to guard as good or mittigate dmg nearly as effective any more. either way you look at it you end up with a nerf for those who actually play a tank as it's intended role.

If you actually want to have a more trade of in terms of guarding abilities vs dmg output or simply just limit there tools, there must be a better way to go about it?

So this is my feedback and personal opinion on it, for ous who actually play tank as a tank.. It is a very big nerf in the setting i enjoy playing tank the most wich is in a smallescale setting cuz it demands the most from me as a tank. This is a very big change to a core mechanic of a specific Archtype wich apperently was a problem I (alongside alot of other ppl appereantly) was not aware of even was even a issue.

/ Tobias
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Ads