Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
jasonX
Suspended

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#51 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Ugle wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:55 am To be fair, I'm saying one spec is not viable, and that is scout/skirm - scout/assault.

Skirm/assault and assault/skirm is viable, where the latter is the best. You seem to forget you have the range advantage vs melee, which means you can soften up the target before finishing it as the class is designed.

Vs casters you are on the other end of the rope, and should approch accordingly.

That said, I agree that SFA could be buffed somewhat, (maybe 10%), and split arrows need the dmg reduction removed.

As for scout, there is little to be done about mobility issues without invalidating skirm spec imo.

And ofc wb viability is low, but not all classes can exel in all situations.
We are in agreement regarding Skirmish, it needs damage buffing and not just SFA but all the tree skills since all skills are getting used on the rotation and their tool tip damage just collapses against armor stacking.

I do not think that extra mobility should be given on scout. It is already as mobile as it should be. It requires damage boost. Returning it to its former state with the corporeal damage tactic for all scout skill tree skills would be enough.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#52 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:27 pm

Yeah, Scout is kinda bad, has been for ages apart from the occasional "well balanced" Festerbomb spec that has existed in past. If the spec was dependable on a 1min cd onetrickpony, meh.
Assault is strong, though apparently not all ASW make it shine they way some of the better ones do.
WB spec would be good to see one day, same goes for SH who both got "fixed" from having WB specs.

However, I doubt they will just give "moaaaar damaaaaaaage" to a spec that is somewhat based on just nuking enemies from range before they reach you. (which is still somewhat functional assuming you have someone assisting you - cannot balance around solo ranged nuke capabilities)
Maybe propose ideas that give better risk:reward ratios - because if you just add more rewards but risk stays same, well, wouldn't most of Order rdps rather jump from less-mobile Engi and suicidal and hotheaded BWs to SWs if the interrealm balance of risk:reward starts favouring one of the lower risk classes more? (this is what was seen when AM/shaman rewards rose but the risk of playing a self healing rdps remained low)

jasonX
Suspended

Post#53 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:27 pm Maybe propose ideas that give better risk:reward ratios - because if you just add more rewards but risk stays same, well, wouldn't most of Order rdps rather jump from less-mobile Engi and suicidal and hotheaded BWs to SWs if the interrealm balance of risk:reward starts favouring one of the lower risk classes more? (this is what was seen when AM/shaman rewards rose but the risk of playing a self healing rdps remained low)
Well tbh I believe that right now if you take something away from the SW career you will just make it collapse since its already in ruin. Giving something for something cannot work here since the SW is already stripped :).

If I was to give something I would give the assault spec but still, its the only viable spec and nerfing it in the hope of fixing the other 2 specs is quite dangerous because if that scout skirmish boost doesnt have a real impact in the end, in the overall picture you would just have nerfed an already overnerfed class more.

Still to keep people from crying over an overboost I am not proposing a 50% dmg boost in SFA (although with current damage ratios of the other dps classes that would still keep SFA at the bottom of the food chain). I have edited the proposals on the original post based on feedback given.

Apart from what I say most other posts concur that it is more than common understanding that the Skirmish tree needs ALOT of damage boosting and Scout needs some damage boosting and range boosting. Maybe then we as Shadow Warriors might be something more than a sidekick that can always be replaced by another main dps.
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

saupreusse
Developer

Post#54 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:19 pm

You don't have to buff sw burst dmg to that of a bw. But giving it at least a bit reward against all those armor potting t4 toons would be sweet. Imo a slight tool tip buff for the core skirm abilities or a buff to acid arrow (maybe making it available in all stances) would make it really shine. for making warband better it might also help to nerf the downside of the 3x spiral arrow tactic. Small steps ofc. For scout I don't have really anything to suggest because I'd have to test more. Asw seemed fine for me even though I had no party to Really test it yet, so no suggestion here as well instead of "please change the animation of shadow step).

aa91837

Post#55 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Kitsumy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:24 am Scout should get higher range. Why should mages/inge have longer range when they are tankier? . Buff armor debuff to WL levels. And sligthy buffs in eagle shot dmg. Like 15% dmg.
class with rkd and heal debuff with magus/engi range? :lol: :lol:
Nobody on the broken noob class

saupreusse
Developer

Post#56 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 pm

aa91837 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:57 pm
Kitsumy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:24 am Scout should get higher range. Why should mages/inge have longer range when they are tankier? . Buff armor debuff to WL levels. And sligthy buffs in eagle shot dmg. Like 15% dmg.
class with rkd and heal debuff with magus/engi range? :lol: :lol:
Tell me how you manage to pick rkd when going full scout. Oh wait you cant and your argument is invalid. Good job!

jasonX
Suspended

Post#57 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:29 pm

aa91837 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:57 pm class with rkd and heal debuff with magus/engi range? :lol: :lol:
Yep agreed with the above post, your point is invalid. You cannot take ranged KD with scout, ranged KD is on the top of skirmish tree. Please stop trolling, read about the class builds and its skilltrees before posting whatever random thought comes to your head :)
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Tesq

Post#58 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Scout need two things for buff:

-Eagle eye 3 sec cd 1 sec cast so you can repositioning between spam with out drop in dps (currently you have to) you can see this from lv 1.

-dmg increasing the more the target is near to you (could be an idea) to face melee train altogheter and vs casters you swap into assoult (so the problem go into scout+assoult synergy).

Other provblems thay go under fix with armor pen if they exist have to be solved differently. But most likely is the wrong problem is not wep skill its guard, so you buff tooltips not give more armor pen (for what i know sw can stack 700+ wep skill which mean is either ball skill multiplers at fault here or skill tooltips.

Ads
jasonX
Suspended

Post#59 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:38 pm Scout need two things for buff:

-Eagle eye 3 sec cd 1 sec cast so you can repositioning between spam with out drop in dps (currently you have to) you can see this from lv 1.

-dmg increasing the more the target is near to you (could be an idea) to face melee train altogheter and vs casters you swap into assoult (so the problem go into scout+assoult synergy).

Other provblems thay go under fix with armor pen if they exist have to be solved differently. But most likely is the wrong problem is not wep skill its guard, so you buff tooltips not give more armor pen (for what i know sw can stack 700+ wep skill which mean is either ball skill multiplers at fault here or skill tooltips.
-Eagle Eye is way too weak to be given a 3 seconds cd. If you are suggesting to boost EE tooltip damage that could work but what would be the difference between EE and Festering arrow then? Returning scout to the previous state would do that.

-I believe that if you go full scout you should not have an empowered melee at the same time. That would be really imbalanced. Scout is about proper positioning and high damage output. If they get you, you are screwed. And thats what scout should be about to be balanced. No extra mobility, no imba melee combined with that.

-Indeed SWs can stack more than 700 weaponskill but that leaves you naked to damage (no defensive RR training or talismans) and with a low chance to critically hit. Its a tradeoff. No win tbh on speccing full WS.
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Tesq

Post#60 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:11 pm

jasonX wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:01 pm
Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:38 pm Scout need two things for buff:

-Eagle Eye is way too weak to be given a 3 seconds cd. If you are suggesting to boost EE tooltip damage that could work but what would be the difference between EE and Festering arrow then? Returning scout to the previous state would do that.

-I believe that if you go full scout you should not have an empowered melee at the same time. That would be really imbalanced. Scout is about proper positioning and high damage output. If they get you, you are screwed. And thats what scout should be about to be balanced. No extra mobility, no imba melee combined with that.

-Indeed SWs can stack more than 700 weaponskill but that leaves you naked to damage (no defensive RR training or talismans) and with a low chance to critically hit. Its a tradeoff. No win tbh on speccing full WS.
And how you can stay in that nice spot with out get reached?

What i said is exatky allow to repositioning. Sw can alredy do that but it cant with out drop dmg xsecond.
A skirmish can kite while also not drop the dps , scout cant and should not unless he stop dps but repositionig ? Yes it should.

If you put a 3 sec cd on EE increase and up his dmg to be on par with a 3 sec cast time and then give it 1 sec cast time what you have?

-2 sec window to re-position yourself
-2 sec of higher dmg potential to stack FA and FtW

Ultimately that change to EE have the aim to allow sw to re position himself with out "loose dps from the current implementation" not to buff his dmg even if it may does it...if the tooltip need to be adjusted to match the same dmg x second so be it that go per se and is obvious.

Idk why it still have not be tested its clear like sun the scout have problem moving around unless he switch to skirmish all the time