Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
jasonX
Posts: 136

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#61 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Tesq wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:11 pm

And how you can stay in that nice spot with out get reached?

What i said is exatky allow to repositioning. Sw can alredy do that but it cant with out drop dmg xsecond.
A skirmish can kite while also not drop the dps , scout cant and should not unless he stop dps but repositionig ? Yes it should.

If you put a 3 sec cd on EE increase and up his dmg to be on par with a 3 sec cast time and then give it 1 sec cast time what you have?

-2 sec window to re-position yourself
-2 sec of higher dmg potential to stack FA and FtW

Ultimately that change to EE have the aim to allow sw to re position himself with out "loose dps from the current implementation" not to buff his dmg even if it may does it...if the tooltip need to be adjusted to match the same dmg x second so be it that go per se and is obvious.

Idk why it still have not be tested its clear like sun the scout have problem moving around unless he switch to skirmish all the time
Hmm that could indeed be a good upgrade. But still the EE damage should be like doubled or so to be viable like that
Gitbane 80RR Choppa, Giant Pink Blender Coordinator
Gitbaneist 58RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :(, done with Order)

Ads
User avatar
Tesq
Suspended
Posts: 5346

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#62 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:46 pm

jasonX wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:49 pm
Tesq wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:11 pm

And how you can stay in that nice spot with out get reached?

What i said is exatky allow to repositioning. Sw can alredy do that but it cant with out drop dmg xsecond.
A skirmish can kite while also not drop the dps , scout cant and should not unless he stop dps but repositionig ? Yes it should.

If you put a 3 sec cd on EE increase and up his dmg to be on par with a 3 sec cast time and then give it 1 sec cast time what you have?

-2 sec window to re-position yourself
-2 sec of higher dmg potential to stack FA and FtW

Ultimately that change to EE have the aim to allow sw to re position himself with out "loose dps from the current implementation" not to buff his dmg even if it may does it...if the tooltip need to be adjusted to match the same dmg x second so be it that go per se and is obvious.

Idk why it still have not be tested its clear like sun the scout have problem moving around unless he switch to skirmish all the time
Hmm that could indeed be a good upgrade. But still the EE damage should be like doubled or so to be viable like that
As long the damage per second remain the same what's the problem?
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

-"Loop warned into oblivion" --> smell like chaosy enought :D
-Nazgul--> ambitious but rubbish, cit Blast :D
-GMs --> dosent matter what they say not, they get offend by colors so watch out plebs! :D

User avatar
footpatrol2
Posts: 1065

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#63 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:48 pm

EE is suppose to be spammed especially with the no quarter tactic, after the armor debuff. The damage is fine. What the spec needs is access to its Rkd and then that spec will be fine.

btw all spec's for the sw should have access to Rkd. It should be given by default like it was on live or put as a 5 point ability for easy pick up in off-spec. It's a RoR creation that the Rkd is limited to high skirmish.

User avatar
footpatrol2
Posts: 1065

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#64 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Remove eye shot from the skirmish tree so all SW get their Rkd. Move barrage to 13 point ability and make it upon hit a ailment snare for 5 sec's. This gives the SW a AE frontal cone snare for warband play.

Move flanking shot into 5 point ability.

Either keep eye shot as part of the Rkd OR revert it to a earlier version.
Eye shot doesn't have Rkd and just is a base initiative debuff.

Tie the Rkd to vengeance like how it used to be. Under the effects of vengeance the ability Take down will cause a Rkd. What this also does is puts the Rkd on a 30 sec cooldown since vengeance is on a 30 sec cooldown.

So I personally like this the best:
AE Snare 13 point Barrage
Flanking shot 9 point
Heal debuff 5 point

If I were to organize the tree I'd do this. Btw this greatly affects the other 2 tree's scout and Assault, which I am aware of and approve. Since this is a wishlist, I'd get rid of the 15 point ability in assault and place the m4 back.

User avatar
Tesq
Suspended
Posts: 5346

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#65 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:01 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:24 pm
Remove eye shot from the skirmish tree so all SW get their Rkd. Move barrage to 13 point ability and make it upon hit a ailment snare for 5 sec's. This gives the SW a AE frontal cone snare for warband play.

Move flanking shot into 5 point ability.

Either keep eye shot as part of the Rkd OR revert it to a earlier version.
Eye shot doesn't have Rkd and just is a base initiative debuff.

Tie the Rkd to vengeance like how it used to be. Under the effects of vengeance the ability Take down will cause a Rkd. What this also does is puts the Rkd on a 30 sec cooldown since vengeance is on a 30 sec cooldown.

So I personally like this the best:
AE Snare 13 point Barrage
Flanking shot 9 point
Heal debuff 5 point

If I were to organize the tree I'd do this. Btw this greatly affects the other 2 tree's scout and Assault, which I am aware of and approve. Since this is a wishlist, I'd get rid of the 15 point ability in assault and place the m4 back.
Why you wanna nerf the rkd which is used aswell for kite and not just for focus (you bind dmg to CC this way) also you omit that originaly the rkd was 2 sec not 3 per as per ninja change of 1.4.7 patch. If it was a 2 sec i would agree to give it to all builds as it would had be a filler or a def tool due not being as good as tanks one but like this ? nope...
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

-"Loop warned into oblivion" --> smell like chaosy enought :D
-Nazgul--> ambitious but rubbish, cit Blast :D
-GMs --> dosent matter what they say not, they get offend by colors so watch out plebs! :D

User avatar
footpatrol2
Posts: 1065

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#66 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm

Take my post above more as a brainstorm idea as opposed to definitive.

The goal for me is to get Rkd back to being anytime like it used to be and massaging the tree's to compensate.

I personally rather the entire game be brought back to patch 1.3.5. But I know that isn't going to happen. So to me I'm proposing compromising idea's.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tesq
Suspended
Posts: 5346

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#67 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm
Take my post above more as a brainstorm idea as opposed to definitive.
Ah oki
Image

-"Loop warned into oblivion" --> smell like chaosy enought :D
-Nazgul--> ambitious but rubbish, cit Blast :D
-GMs --> dosent matter what they say not, they get offend by colors so watch out plebs! :D

User avatar
vanbuinen77
Posts: 44

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#68 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:36 pm

After looking into scout and skim, i must say yes they need an upgrade.

Instead of more damage they need more cc and better debuffs
Neferata-Dok
Archeron-Chosen
Checkpoint-Mara
Ouchmyfoot-Squigherder
Greeniemeanie-Shaman
Doomedagain-Slayer
Dogcatcher-White Lion
Breakthis-Ironbreaker

Ads
User avatar
Tesq
Suspended
Posts: 5346

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#69 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:02 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:36 pm
After looking into scout and skim, i must say yes they need an upgrade.

Instead of more damage they need more cc and better debuffs
:roll:

You can slot for

Rkd
Gap closer
Ranged Heal debuff
They also have a core escal bitton which also snare for 10 sec while most likely should be 5 since is not a full flegged snare.

What you want ranged silence too?

They need better synergy between stuff they have alredy not more tools
Image

-"Loop warned into oblivion" --> smell like chaosy enought :D
-Nazgul--> ambitious but rubbish, cit Blast :D
-GMs --> dosent matter what they say not, they get offend by colors so watch out plebs! :D

User avatar
saupreusse
Posts: 1876

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#70 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:27 pm

I can say confidently that without a better way to deal with medium to high armor targets sw will continue to get worse with every new set introduced. (Same might be the case for ranged squigger who suffered from it aswell but im not sure how it is nowadays because i havent played sh in ages.) the other very annoying thing is the extreme unresponsiveness of sw abilities which was also present on live to some extend and makes the class feel clunky af compared to all? the other classes. The flight times of some skills are horribly low and the self punt reacts with a 1 second delay.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests