Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
bctakhy

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#11 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:22 am

Spoiler:
LoL, the cry lvl on order to buff the already overbuffed side to retard lvls is geting epic.

SW not strong OP for u? Roll a WL. Few days ago, i where making a cofe afk on a BO and when i back i see my cat killed 2 destro just walking on keyboard... skilled char or skilled cat? :D
Irrelevant to the thread, don't **** post or you will get a warning.

Ads
Acidic

Post#12 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:02 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:54 pm
jasonX wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:00 pm Back at live this spec was viable because of the Morale 2 +100% dmg for 5 seconds. You could 2shot a player if both skills critted and that player did not block or dodge every 1 minute the morale was up.
praise tzeentch for balance changes!
This sounds so much like a SW standard complaint , I want an “I Win “ button

jasonX
Suspended

Post#13 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:16 pm

Acidic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:02 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:54 pm
jasonX wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:00 pm Back at live this spec was viable because of the Morale 2 +100% dmg for 5 seconds. You could 2shot a player if both skills critted and that player did not block or dodge every 1 minute the morale was up.
praise tzeentch for balance changes!
This sounds so much like a SW standard complaint , I want an “I Win “ button
ΤΒΗ I dont really need that personnaly :). I would prefer the 3 months prenerf state when Eagle eye was 1 sec and had the corporeal dmg for all scout tree.

Plus if you consider a 4% chance to kill 1 person each 1 minute an "I Win" button, then I feel sorry for how you perceive winning :)
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Tesq

Post#14 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:30 pm

jasonX wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:48 am
Tesq wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:53 pm oh my.......someone that want more bypass stuff in game like 100% things not be alredy broken..

-like instead make all scout 1 sec cast and all go into a 3 sec cd all togheter (via tactic) would had been to hard to make scout move more? .....

-cut wirlin pin CD with a tactic so you could skirmish your way into melee , swap to melee finish your rotation then reset and restart again was too out of reach as suggestion?

-m2 back i hope not, hard to belive you have few burst with a 2 sec aoe cast which became 1 sec with close quarters, most likely fault of mara GoM , something bw dosen't suffer from (one of those 100% stuff in game...) also sw can support group dmg (7% crit tactic, and lack of 2h tank spamming aoe on order side dont help make group tactic effective since dont benefith SW itself and only help 1 other DD in group).
About st dmg most likely tooltips need updates...

masterys should work in tandem, 1+2, 2+3 and 3+1
--Well all got bypass, denying it from some is not balance. Maths and numbers talk. 2 much mitigation for SWs

-3 seconds CD wont do the job. CDs put restrictions on Damage per second done. Having a skill with 3 secs cd that crits maximum for 2.500 is like 833 dmg per sec, absolutely healable and not close to a burst.

-1sec cast Lileth's arrow crits for 250-300 dmg due to high armor mitigation. You cannot consider that to be a proper aoe. It only crits good against lowbies.

-SW can assist group dmg and healing with leading shots. Its 8% crit so in total 4% more damage and healing usually (50% crit dmg bonus). Still if you replace the SW with another dps class that outdpses him for 100% dmg. Then the benefit for the party is greater.
Cmon you know that SWs dont get invited in closed warbands and if they do they are sticking alone on party 4 without heals or tanks to guard them.

Updating tools could work. Still the armor mitigation is 2 high.
should had say eagle eye for the first sentence, the rest is pretty much as i described, you do low dmg? tooltips problem /GoM or also is due you also suppoorting group dmg which mean you do less dmg; lack of classes that can benefith from that dps boost? it's an indirect problem of the game with lack of wh tanks cuz 7% crit buff to group it is not bad ( ALSO 7% to what both heals and off skills xD?)

Warfare80

Post#15 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:45 pm

When a SW can kill a SH in a fair 1v1 fight,then the class balance is good enough ;)
I agree with OP,the class needs some love,and i would like to see smallscale change over time,to make sure it doesnt become a ranged WL or something.

SWs needs help asap.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

tazdingo

Post#16 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Warfare80 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:45 pm When a SW can kill a SH in a fair 1v1 fight,then the class balance is good enough ;)
lol there is no such thing as a fair fight with a SH, he set his pet on you and break LOS. you will never beat a good SH 1v1. as for the instakill yeah it's a 1/20 roll but even that is bs. cannon smash is bad enough

i'm all for the eagle eye revert tho. was a pretty fun and variable build too with all of SWs cool tactics. no quater is absolute crap rn

anarchypark

Post#17 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:50 pm

about scout build,
i'm one who prefer current build over old acid + all corp build.

acid is 1.5s cast. fester was 3s. you had to stand 4.5s to deal meaningful dmg.
eagle eye was lack of dmg. even 1sec cast was lack.

and acid have CD too. if you want to change target you have to wait and spend 1.5s again.
you couldn't follow fast target changing.
what if acid got cleansed?

b4 acid build, SW had burst.
acid build had spread that burst into longer time frame, inside 10s acid duration.
and only 2 fester avail in BoN duration.
maybe little more total dmg in 10s. but 10s is not burst.

let's see current scout.
you don't need build up time. 2s fester is all u need to stand still.
movement increased greatly.
max 3 fester avail in BoN duration.
you can sieze the moment.
'this is the time to burst' = shoot fester, BoN, insta, fester again, rapid, fester again, insta ...

faster reaction, faster burst.
current scout is better. ( for me i guess )
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Collateral

Post#18 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:41 pm

In case devs decide to buff lileath arrow, I just want to mention something people seemed to forget. And that's the amazing synergy with LA, ES and pierce defenses (unless sonething changed here that I'm not aware of). It's clear that sw has been nerfed to the ground in warband sense, just like sh. It would be great to see other classes present in wbs other than bw and sorc (with occasional slayer/engi and mara/choppa). But it's not like sw brings absolutely nothing to wb, even with the amount of nerfs it got. Just my little info.

Ads
jasonX
Suspended

Post#19 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:17 pm

Collateral wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:41 pm In case devs decide to buff lileath arrow, I just want to mention something people seemed to forget. And that's the amazing synergy with LA, ES and pierce defenses (unless sonething changed here that I'm not aware of). It's clear that sw has been nerfed to the ground in warband sense, just like sh. It would be great to see other classes present in wbs other than bw and sorc (with occasional slayer/engi and mara/choppa). But it's not like sw brings absolutely nothing to wb, even with the amount of nerfs it got. Just my little info.
pierce defences doesnt proc on LA. only for your main target :)
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

jasonX
Suspended

Post#20 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:18 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:50 pm
Warfare80 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:45 pm When a SW can kill a SH in a fair 1v1 fight,then the class balance is good enough ;)
lol there is no such thing as a fair fight with a SH, he set his pet on you and break LOS. you will never beat a good SH 1v1. as for the instakill yeah it's a 1/20 roll but even that is bs. cannon smash is bad enough

i'm all for the eagle eye revert tho. was a pretty fun and variable build too with all of SWs cool tactics. no quater is absolute crap rn
Well i was no fan of that build as well. I find the revert to turning all Scout spec to corporeal though. It was a very viable build. Good damage. AP drain was huge but still it payed off on dmg.
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer