Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Manatikik

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#111 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 am

If you're using split arrows you're a noob. There's no other way to put it.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#112 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:41 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 am If you're using split arrows you're a noob. There's no other way to put it.
CNTK standards

jasonX
Suspended

Post#113 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:31 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 am If you're using split arrows you're a noob. There's no other way to put it.
Well thats one perspective. Still if you would not only play 6v6 and you have actually played in coordinated, built upon synergy warbands you would know that split arrow with powerfull draw is the best way to apply pierce defences on aoe on the enemy warbands from a really long range.....

-15% block, dodge and parry aoe debuff...... do the maths on how your warband benefits from that and understand why those enemy tanks then melt from slayers and BWs.....
Last edited by jasonX on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

jasonX
Suspended

Post#114 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:36 am

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:41 am
CNTK standards
I cannot fully recall the phrase to quote.... was it "I pitty the fool" or something?
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

DanielWinner

Post#115 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:48 am

jasonX wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:31 am
you have actually played in coordinated, built upon synergy warbands
Really? Show me at least one real, coordinated order WB not some Mickey Mouse and Friends that would really pick SW and lose BW -- any WB player with a half brain will pick an Engi for that tactic + rift. Only clueless pugs or noobs think that SW with Pierce Defenses tactic and aoe spaghetti arrows are doing some great job. All the WAR Chads are just stacking BWs and bombing the sh*t out of everyone when Engi rifts and debuffs.

EVEN if you ever pick SW in WB, it will be Expert Skirmisher + No Respite + Lileath's Arrows build - anything else is a joke.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

jasonX
Suspended

Post#116 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:54 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:48 am Really? Show me at least one real, coordinated order WB not some Mickey Mouse and Friends that would really pick SW and lose BW -- any WB player with a half brain will pick an Engi for that tactic + rift. Only clueless pugs or noobs think that SW with Pierce Defenses tactic and aoe spaghetti arrows are doing some great job. All the WAR Chads are just stacking BWs and bombing the sh*t out of everyone when Engi rifts and debuffs.

EVEN if you ever pick SW in WB, it will be Expert Skirmisher + No Respite + Lileath's Arrows build - anything else is a joke.
I play both specs tbhs the one you find noobish and the other you consider partially useful.

Reducing enemy defences by 15-45% (it stucks from different sources, f.e. 3xSWs in p4 with this tactic set) is a good addition to a warband.You can make your calculations. Minus 15-45% block removal equals to the same amount of bonus damage on a tank target. Parry as well if you have melee dps in the group and partially dodge due to lack of proper damage in physical rdps.

I know that 99% of the warband leaders and 6man group leaders in RoR (and many back on the official) just never think out of the box or dont even put the numbers down to realise that 1 size fits all is not the case in warhammer. The video was just from an 8man group drafted in 10 mins to hold a defence and still it was successful. There is nothing wrong with trying new things and thinking out of the box or working with the tools given to you. Thats what you need to do in real life to survive as well.... Moreover perfect 24setups are rare and for me having experienced and disciplined players in the warband works better than having 2button spamming anarchists (dont get me wrong i love anarchy in generals but not in warbands). My 4rth group in any warband is usually a trol group with aoe debuffing tactics, magnet pulls, 2handed wounds debuffing tanks etc.

Now continuing with your arguments

First, I never claimed that SWs are the most useful part of a warband. Please take your time to read my initial post.
Second, I can assure you that my usual warbands are not Mickey Mouse and Friends. We are working on tactics, respec accordingly and coordinate with discipline and focus. Whenever I pull out an organized warband we always have a great impact on the battlefield with our latest contribution overdelaying (us alone) a destro fort attack for over 4 hours in Etaine some days ago having 20-40% aao. Many people can bear witness to that (plus i got videos :P you might see them on youtube if i have time). Now if you want to hold me accountable and call me a noob for playing with a teamwork build rather than trying to spam numbers like Fenryl did, then I dont know what to say... Its a team game...

Regarding my game awareness (clueless pug and noob reference) imagine that people in my warbands have to tolerate my overnerfed useless class because they need me to lead since they trust me as a leader. Again many people can bear witness to that. Moreover I have been leading not one but at times 4-5 alliance warbands on live. Back then we had proper guilds with class officers, supply chain management and multiple levels of communication between realm commanders and warband leaders. Believe me kiddo we were doing it much better back then :).

I do concur that the damage is hillariously low but perhaps then you should address the DEV team for that. Again today another patch was launched that boosts melee dps (+5% crit on 5th invader bonus) and completely neglects rdps (including SWs, really now +10ft range is not even compared to +5% crit).

You yourself Daniel opened a thread over feedback on the invader gear. I provided you with some since I was the first one in the Order side (and possibly in both sides) to acquire full Invader gear (jewel included) and still its been like 6 patches where melee dps Invader sets get outrageously boosted while the SW set is still a joke. 7piece 10% crit on the most nerfed skill tree? 6piece 10% chance upon landing a crit to do what? Bypass 20% dodge (not even block combined) for ONE attack? 5piece +10ft range? To do what with that, still fall back having less than a magus?

The feedback is there but it seems that none cares....
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Darks63

Post#117 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:12 pm

Ugle wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:42 am
Darks63 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:25 am
Ugle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm I'd rather put armor pierce on skirmish stance and make all skirmish skills 98ft base range when in skirmish stance and remove powerful draw all together. Free up the tactic slot for something useful, together with keen arrowhead. Make them add some kind of utility instead, for more diverse build options.

Also remove -30% damage on split arrows.

Make acid arrow instacast. The low armor debuff dosent warrant a cast time imo.

Also make rkd base skill again, rather tie it to VoN to prevent mindless spamming (in the sense you can call it that with its cd)

Scout will still have more damage and range, at the cost of mobility.
increasing the armor pen won't really fix the issue with skirmish though. The problem is that the tree is pure assist/aoe and has not real bite to it. Also maras and melee squigs won't feel that 20% anyway.
More armor pen would definatley help vs other targets, but I agree on the "no bite" comment. If you freed up powerful draw tactic it could be tuned into a crit dmg tactic on skirm abilities for example. That would help. I also propsed making the scaling of flanking shot crit chance on targets health into a crit dmg on targets health instead in another thread. Many ways to give skirm more bite.
Ultimately Skirmish main issue is that it lacks a firm identity. It seems to be a compromise between Aoe and assist. On the assist side its decent but not anything to write home about. On the aoe side it underwhelming and requires you put yourself in positions that require you to switch to assault to survive which in turn shuts off your aoe. The tactics in the tree are mostly garbage too. Quick shooting suffers from the same issue.

jasonX wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:31 am
Well thats one perspective. Still if you would not only play 6v6 and you have actually played in coordinated, built upon synergy warbands you would know that split arrow with powerfull draw is the best way to apply pierce defences on aoe on the enemy warbands from a really long range.....

-15% block, dodge and parry aoe debuff...... do the maths on how your warband benefits from that and understand why those enemy tanks then melt from slayers and BWs.....
Really? I would think an engineer would work better for that. After all that tactic only increases the aoe cap on SFA by 3 not 9 with a radi of only 20 feet.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

jasonX
Suspended

Post#118 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Darks63 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:12 pm Really? I would think an engineer would work better for that. After all that tactic only increases the aoe cap on SFA by 3 not 9 with a radi of only 20 feet.
Engi aoe doesnt seem to proc the tactic. Thats the feedback i got from the engies i run with at the warband usually.
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#119 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm

jasonX wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:06 pm
Darks63 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:12 pm Really? I would think an engineer would work better for that. After all that tactic only increases the aoe cap on SFA by 3 not 9 with a radi of only 20 feet.
Engi aoe doesnt seem to proc the tactic. Thats the feedback i got from the engies i run with at the warband usually.
It does

jasonX
Suspended

Post#120 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:46 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm
It does
[/quote]

Damn those slackers :P they gave me wrong feedback i suppose :P
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer