Recent Topics

Ads

Meleee SW set concept

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alsayr

Meleee SW set concept

Post#1 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:20 am

It possible to design melee set focused for SW (and Squig Herder) ? i Mean proces and bonused depend for melee path abilities ? OFC this is not main spec, but another classes have sets for not main path. Its can be good feature for this class.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
Brutinho

Re: Meleee SW set concept

Post#2 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:39 am

Grunbag mentioned that Bastion Stairs will have a offspec set for all classes. In case of SW/SH, he further detailed that it will be a melee oriented set C:

*I could look for the thread if you really need it*
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

JustDust

Post#3 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:06 am

Why cant you make 2 sets for classes that have 2 possible specc ranges. You did it with Tank Jewelry. Shouldn't be hard to make 2 set choices for classes that have melee + ranged, or Tank + Dps, or Heal + Dps.

For example, making 2 Vanquisher sets for SW/SH. One melee oriented and one ranged. Would solve a lot of Problems. At least do that for pvp sets, since its an pvp scentric game.

I mean farming till you can go to bastion stairs with that horrible ward system still in place, just to get an offspecc gear, that seams really bad design.

vanbuinen77

Post#4 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:33 pm

They want us to grind pve....
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Penril

Post#5 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:52 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:33 pm They want us to grind pve....
No, YOU want to grind pve in order to get a set for your off-spec. No one is forcing you to do it; main specs still get their best sets from RvR/PvP.

If anything i'd be grateful; you can save all your emblems/medallions for other things. And with some friends grinding the dungeon you can get a full set pretty quickly (probly much faster than, say, full Vanquisher).

vanbuinen77

Post#6 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Not just ne, but all people that want to pvp and dont have time for pve
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Penril

Post#7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 pm Not just ne, but all people that want to pvp and dont have time for pve
Your spec can still be competitive with RvR sets, I wouldn't expect the new ones to be much better (if at all) than sets like Conq or Vanquisher. If you want to have the absolutely BiS for a certain spec thought then yeah, you will probably have to grind PvE.

It was like this on live, with people grinding ToVL for their glyphs & backpiece, or tombs for pocket items. And don't get me wrong, i understand what you say: i find the current RvR system incredibly dull but i am need to play it if i want to get an offensive set for my Sorc. I'd rather just play SCs but apparently Mercenary is the last offensive one that you can buy with Emblems, and all the ones that came after it are defensive. So you could say i am "forced" to play something i dislike in order to have the best set for my class.

I obviously ignore RvR and just keep doing SCs on my full Mercenary Sorc.

Manatikik

Post#8 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:08 pm

What different stats do you want from a melee set? Only thing that differs really is what proc you would want or 7 pc bonus (assuming it’s as specific as Invader was).
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
JustDust

Post#9 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:59 am

Look at it that way, for example on a Slayer/Choppa you get a set which is universal useful for all 3 Slayer/Choppa speccs.
Either give all Sets restrictions to a single Specc or make all set useful for all speccs of a certain class.

Examples of universal sets:
In SW/SHs 7pc case that would mean give it 10% crit for everything, which would be equal to the slayer bonus. In BWs case you might to have made some adjustments since it would be too strong with 10% crit and dmg bonus on top.

In case of Tanks, the block procc instead could be based on all defensive abilitys just with a lower proccchance, which would mean deftanks still get more out of it but its not useless for 2hand Tanks. + change the 5 %block to something else like +%7 parry.

In healers case you could make a procc that you can use for dps or healing, and make the +% crit on everything not only healing.

After all this is our high end set from pvp, it should be boosting everything, not feeling random and not fleshed out for many speccs. Making the sets restrictive to some, while other Classes get a universal great set for every specc, just feels wrong.