Recent Topics

Ads

Invader farming and the consequences

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Warfare80

Invader farming and the consequences

Post#1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:07 am

So we need forts to gain acess to our shiny invader. Forts is the endgame, and invader is the endgame gear. It makes sense.
But here is one problem i have seen,and it makes me abit worried. During the last zone before fort, entire WBs stops defending the zone,they actually start to support the enemy faction because they want a siege. Both sides wants it.
I do not like it, but i do understand why people does it. It is the fastest way to get the invader.

-Maybe let invader medallions drop in the RvR lakes, dont wanna see invader in golden bags, but let rr70+ players drop them?
This could also be a bad idea because invader would be to easy/fast to get?

-Add a 12 hour lockout on players who joins a fort,to make it less farmable? (probably a bad idea)

What does the population think about this?
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
DokB

Re: Invader farming and the consequences

Post#2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:21 am

I’d support anything that makes Invader easier to obtain. I really don’t want to have to sit through 50+ forts to get full Invader since the gameplay is so mind numbingly dull.

At the very least, would they consider unlocking the Invader jewellery so you don’t have to obtain full Invader before buying it?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Diggot
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:29 am

I heard that there are actually entire warbands of likeminded players who actively sabotages
keeptakes/keepdefenses to get fort pushed to get invaderbags.
And according to one person who PM'ed me about this and pretty much spilled the beans,
this is "the way it works" now and everyone knows about it.

This is a huge issue and needs to be sorted out in one way or another.
It also ties directly to the Xrealming by having entire warbands made out of Xrealmers
quickly logging their order-toons on after destro failed a keepsiege, then order takes
the destro keep for free while destro's side loses 1-2 warbands of players mysteriolusly.

Then order pushes fort and farms invader with warbands pre-emptively setup by these
likeminded players that switched sides.

Losing your pairing should give no rewards (and xrealming needs a lockout timer).

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:09 am

making invader drop from other sources then forts is out of the question right now. It is meant to take time to get full invader.

The warbands throwing a zone is troublesome and something we´d want to address though an xrealm timer is in place if your not switching to the underdog.

Warfare80

Post#5 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:22 am

Thank you,Natherul,for the quick answer :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Scrilian

Post#6 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:22 am

Zone/Fort/City trading is one of the worst design flaws of WAR, if not the one.
Hard to be optimistic about any kind of future system, that would try to address the issue.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#7 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:17 am

Natherul wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:09 am The warbands throwing a zone is troublesome and something we´d want to address though an xrealm timer is in place if your not switching to the underdog.
You dont have to log other faction to throw zone, you dont even have to leave it. Some people just take several BO's make half-arsed attempt to def keep to gain aproximately enough contrib to get reserved spot and move on to capital, while starting doomtalk in /t4 for others to abbandone it with them, and wait for their x4 invaders.

There should be stimul in place to fight for zone and push to attack (other than realm pride), right now you gain same reward for def and attack so you dont have to put effort further than getting reserved spot, which is right direction, but not enough.

jasonX
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:45 am

I would suggest the following:
1) Make fort defence harder. The reason people drop zones its because currently its next to impossible to get a fort that has at least 2 balanced warbands defending it. The server simply doesnt have enough organized guilds to do so. Pugs cannot take forts anymore.
2) Give the loosing side 1 invader crest instead of 4.
3) Put cities on. Then its all about locking 2 pairings :). Zones will be only dropped as a strategic decision to advance to another pairing faster. We did that on Live and it worked like a charm.

Leaving a pairing to fall to crush your enemy at the fort also works as a psychological warfare move. If you want them to logout massively make them bleed bad. Its an old tactic that works like a charm.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 am

there is no incentive to stop fort before last zone.
make invader price 2 currency combined? like overlord.
additional currency coming from only successful defence of CW,reik etc.

Maw defence win -> reason to lock CW. or CW lock by destro b4 fort.
it would stop ping pong fort and last zone too.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#10 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:09 am

anarchypark wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 am additional currency coming from only successful defence of CW,reik etc.

Maw defence win -> reason to lock CW. or CW lock by destro b4 fort.
it would stop ping pong fort and last zone too.
This will lead to X-realm of unknown scale as it is far easier, and to be fair more fun, to lock zone than 1 hour Fort siege, and effectively will lock pairings of middle-border zone (TM-KV, Reik-Praag) with rare occasion of fort.
On all else I agree with you.