Recent Topics

Ads

Invader farming and the consequences

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: Invader farming and the consequences

Post#21 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:29 pm

oaliaen wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:15 pm theres no contrib in forts .. or you could explain how to obtain it. Cause i already tryed every thing there.
Well you may have a point, because I have seen many people decked out in Invader who would make me second guess a contribution system actually working.

Ads
Jackiee

Post#22 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:29 pm Well you may have a point, because I have seen many people decked out in Invader who would make me second guess a contribution system actually working.
Everyone gets +750 contribution bonus to their roll regardless of what they did. There are plenty of instances of players joining the instance 1 minute before the fort ends and getting a bag, a while back zarbix did it on stream and got a purple for just loading in before it ends.

Individual performance inside fort is not rewarded in any way whatsoever.

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Jackiee wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:29 pm Well you may have a point, because I have seen many people decked out in Invader who would make me second guess a contribution system actually working.
Everyone gets +750 contribution bonus to their roll regardless of what they did. There are plenty of instances of players joining the instance 1 minute before the fort ends and getting a bag, a while back zarbix did it on stream and got a purple for just loading in before it ends.

Individual performance inside fort is not rewarded in any way whatsoever.
Thanks for clarifying that!

Aurandilaz

Post#24 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Nothing more fun than doing 25 forts without winning a bag while doing your best to be either top in kills or at least in top 5 list, and then reading in region "lol i was afk in jail and won gold bag".
It's pure RNG based, so with best possible luck you get 6 pieces from joining 6 forts. (jewelry has to be bought and costs 4x? something) - just for showing up.
The other route is showing up, doing something to "help" attack/defence, and walking away with the usual 4 invaders.

Anyway, regarding why people are forfeiting T4 defences - the only way to get Invader is to get campaign to a fort zone. Dragging on a defence only hurts yourself and your own gearing process. Which is kinda bad as a gameplay feature. (Wanna gear yourself? Better lose this zone and then forfeit the next one too while doing bare minimum to earn a reserved spot or spend 5-50 min clicking a portal hoping someone inside crashed or ragequit)

One idea could be to make both attacking and defending T4 zones, that is, Normal RvR, slightly contribute to gearing towards Invader.
So, what if, upon killing enemy Keep Lord, you gain 1 Invader Fragment. T4 Purple bag, 5 Invader Fragments, T4 Gold Bag, 10 Invader Fragments. Then once you have 50 Invader Fragments, you can buy 5 Invader medals. Sounds slow and painful, almost as slow and painful as the actual Fort fights. (where you get the said 4 invader medals for showing up and then if your side wins, you join a lottery if your team carried the fight and lucky 6 might win a gold)

ChicagoJoe

Post#25 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:16 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:06 pm
oaliaen wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:56 am 45 forts and 1 gold bag. Bad luck maybe?
...or perhaps you simply aren't contributing enough?

Do people seriously now expect to be handed BiS gear just because they do Forts 24/7? Is contribution/actually working towards said BiS gear no longer a concept for some?
How about 1 medal option in rr60+ gold bag. By then most folks have full vanquisher any way. 1 not 4, gold bag only.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#26 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:18 pm

There is currently no contribution in forts but winners have a way higher chance then loosers do in getting bags.

That said however the system is designed to have a small chance for a bag only and primary acquisition of invader is from currency. Ofc that does not mean you cant get lucky.

Kurama

Post#27 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:09 pm

You shouldn't have revealed that. Now everyone will afk in 3rd floor.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Bobbiom

Post#28 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Kinda too late for any changes when there is plenty of players running around in full invader already.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#29 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:21 pm

Sweet Sigmar's Holy Mother May I ...

All these detailed multi faceted solutions ...

How bout just this; Win or Lose when a fort siege is over, the entire pairing down to t2 stays locked for 2 or 4 or 6 hours.

I know I know ... it is really simple, and damn but it will be effective ... so obviously so easy a solution that it is no good right?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

peterthepan3

Post#30 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Kurama wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:09 pm You shouldn't have revealed that. Now everyone will afk in 3rd floor.
They weren't already?