Recent Topics

Ads

Invader farming and the consequences

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aethilmar

Re: Invader farming and the consequences

Post#41 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Funny how this thread started with "Forts encourage throwing zones" and devolved into "but mah loot rollz is unfair" which is exactly the problem. All a signficant portion of the end-game population cares about now is loot progression and not the gameplay so they actively throw zones to get to the loot.

BTW, this is exactly what happened with Cities on Live except there people shopped open instances to get their gear. It was totally predictable and as long as you tie a specific end-game reward to a specific game mode it will only encourage more of this behavior.

Ads
Kragg

Post#42 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:14 pm

drmordread wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:21 pm Sweet Sigmar's Holy Mother May I ...

All these detailed multi faceted solutions ...

How bout just this; Win or Lose when a fort siege is over, the entire pairing down to t2 stays locked for 2 or 4 or 6 hours.

I know I know ... it is really simple, and damn but it will be effective ... so obviously so easy a solution that it is no good right?
Shouldnt the pairing be locked and force people to fight at otehr zones. All 3 zones closed and forts taken leads to city or a punishment of sorts. Something that really effect the faction for losing it
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

porkstar

Post#43 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:12 pm Funny how this thread started with "Forts encourage throwing zones" and devolved into "but mah loot rollz is unfair" which is exactly the problem. All a signficant portion of the end-game population cares about now is loot progression and not the gameplay so they actively throw zones to get to the loot.

BTW, this is exactly what happened with Cities on Live except there people shopped open instances to get their gear. It was totally predictable and as long as you tie a specific end-game reward to a specific game mode it will only encourage more of this behavior.
As long as game play performance is tied to an ever-progressing set of end-game gears, game play will be married the fastest way to get the end-game gears. Eventually, the only answer is an ever-progressing end-game content. RoR is basically following the path of live with some game-play, combat, and balance tweaks. It's only a matter of time before the gear progression outpaces end-game. Exhibit A: WoW. In a few years we will all be gods as long as we're willing to grind-out the gears. BRING UNDEAD AS A 3RD FACTION! UNLEASH TRUE POTENTIAL!
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

drmordread
Suspended

Post#44 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:18 am

Kragg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:14 pm
drmordread wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:21 pm Sweet Sigmar's Holy Mother May I ...

All these detailed multi faceted solutions ...

How bout just this; Win or Lose when a fort siege is over, the entire pairing down to t2 stays locked for 2 or 4 or 6 hours.

I know I know ... it is really simple, and damn but it will be effective ... so obviously so easy a solution that it is no good right?
Shouldnt the pairing be locked and force people to fight at otehr zones. All 3 zones closed and forts taken leads to city or a punishment of sorts. Something that really effect the faction for losing it
The way it worked on live is this;

If one faction locked 2 pairings and took 2 forts (killed the lord) then city would open up.

Pairings stayed locked for 2 hrs, but on Live t2 and t3 were NOT part of t4 RvR the way it is here. So that is going to need some thought and work.

If a faction, locked one pairing, but could not lock the second one on time, then the 1st one opened up.

Pre patch 1.3.0 RvR was just flat out the best, most awesome pvp you could find. But people complained because it was really hard to lock zones. You really had to push out there with everyone, and it was so much fun, very few people afk'd in wc.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#45 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:33 am

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:12 pm BTW, this is exactly what happened with Cities on Live except there people shopped open instances to get their gear. It was totally predictable and as long as you tie a specific end-game reward to a specific game mode it will only encourage more of this behavior.

And what's the clear answer to that? Universal currency and as long as you do what you like you will eventually end up with endgame gear?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#46 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am

porkstar wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:27 pm As long as game play performance is tied to an ever-progressing set of end-game gears, game play will be married the fastest way to get the end-game gears. Eventually, the only answer is an ever-progressing end-game content. RoR is basically following the path of live with some game-play, combat, and balance tweaks. It's only a matter of time before the gear progression outpaces end-game. Exhibit A: WoW. In a few years we will all be gods as long as we're willing to grind-out the gears. BRING UNDEAD AS A 3RD FACTION! UNLEASH TRUE POTENTIAL!

Well, the truth is we don't intend to release any gear after Sov / Tyrant. The higher RR90+ tiers will be either off sets or just skins.

3rd faction is a nice meme which can't really work without rebuilding all RvR zones to accommodate.

Nekkma

Post#47 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:49 am

Hargrim wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:33 am
And what's the clear answer to that? Universal currency and as long as you do what you like you will eventually end up with endgame gear?
There is no answer. Alot of people just see the new gear tier as a grind and will do whatever to just finish it as fast as possible and then continue playing the game (regardless of system there will be people gaming it). Imo, forts are a terrible lag/aoe/zergfest and as soon as I have the gear I would have zero incentive to ever set foot in one again. In that sense I try and do forts as often as i can now, even though I hate them, to be done with it.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Alsayr

Post#48 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:05 pm

oaliaen wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:15 pm theres no contrib in forts .. or you could explain how to obtain it. Cause i already tryed every thing there.
All have the same contrib + random roll.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
Synacy

Post#49 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:59 pm

People seem to lose sight of the real grind of Warhammer armor sets. Everyone wants the sets to be quick and easy to obtain but forget that this is how it's supposed to be, even if it takes 50+ forts to obtain. Sounds ridiculous yet that grind can be worth the wait.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Noslock

Post#50 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Bha for a set considered top tier by devs its even too cheap to buy and obtain.Farmed it pretty easy on my main thanks to order pushing fort all day long.Problem with fort is u win or u lose u get same 4 medallions and thats doesnt help,plus having so few bags that even a rr40 char can roll on its even worse.Been there ,lost my 50 forts got my invader and my main is not goin to step in a fort if mechanics/rewards/requirements/ arent goin to change.