Recent Topics

Ads

The real Reason why nobody plays Shieldspec WP/DoK

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: The real Reason why nobody plays Shieldspec WP/DoK

Post#51 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:15 am

People seriously underestimate Grace for some reason.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#52 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:33 am

Shield skins are ugly atm. But real reason I don’t like this type of WP is lack of close combat defences and vulnerable mobility.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

peterthepan3

Post#53 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:36 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:33 am Shield skins are ugly atm. But real reason I don’t like this type of WP is lack of close combat defences and vulnerable mobility.
You can amass circa-30% block, 50%+ parry, decent dodge and disrupt, bring an AoE detaunt & have an ability that allows you to shrug off any snares so that you can get back to your team ASAP. It is absolutely imperative, however, that the Grace WP does maintain some mobility issues, to an extent, because that has traditionally been the way to counter a melee healer.

abezverkhiy

Post#54 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:37 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:36 am... have an ability that allows you to shrug off any snares so that you can get back to your team ASAP. It is absolutely imperative, however, that the Grace WP does maintain some mobility issues, to an extent, because that has traditionally been the way to counter a melee healer.
This ability requires Great Weapon if I remember correctly or you are talking about something else? I do agree on most of your points and will give it another try once I hit 40 (34 atm) although Salv healing seems way more effective
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

peterthepan3

Post#55 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:46 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:37 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:36 am... have an ability that allows you to shrug off any snares so that you can get back to your team ASAP. It is absolutely imperative, however, that the Grace WP does maintain some mobility issues, to an extent, because that has traditionally been the way to counter a melee healer.
This ability requires Great Weapon if I remember correctly or you are talking about something else? I do agree on most of your points and will give it another try once I hit 40 (34 atm) although Salv healing seems way more effective
Nope: the channeled ability that requires a Buckler will remove snares from you, thus allowing you to get back to your team asap.

Salvation is definitely the easier spec of the two/doesn't require as high RR or the top gear.

dalen
Developer

Post#56 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:30 am

I do play a high RR and geared grace spec WP. And the changes I'd like to see it the lowered sacrifice cool down mentioned earlier in the thread. But I also think it would be nice if the 20% heal nerf on Fanatism/Murderous intent was replaced with a nerf to supplication/blood offering instead. So as a melee heal spec you rely on hitting things to generate mechanic to a greater extent, but those mechanic points can be used for heals. Even though the heals will be lower than a salvage spec WP ofc as you have Divine fury and low willpower.

More shield options, like scenario shields would be nice.
More shield skins would be a nice bonus as well :)
Source Developer

Xaun

Post#57 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:10 am Keep in mind these shield were'nt in original client. They have been designed by the team. With time, i hope we will make some other orginal appearance skins.
Not appearance related, but..

I notice there is a 3rd Genesis set for DoK, surprised Block isn't present on it

I think there is already a Subjugator shield if I'm not mistaken, right?