Recent Topics

Ads

The real Reason why nobody plays Shieldspec WP/DoK

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Luth

Re: The real Reason why nobody plays Shieldspec WP/DoK

Post#21 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:43 pm

The book/chalice item was implemented right before the release, iirc because players complained about that they want to have the possibility to healbot from afar. I guess mythics halfhearted melee healer concept wasn't helping either.
Which leads me to the OP.
I don't think some textures are the reason for no one playing the melee healer spec.
The spec has still an imbalanced risk vs reward problem.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#22 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:09 pm

Luth wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:43 pm The book/chalice item was implemented right before the release, iirc because players complained about that they want to have the possibility to healbot from afar. I guess mythics halfhearted melee healer concept wasn't helping either.
Which leads me to the OP.
I don't think some textures are the reason for no one playing the melee healer spec.
The spec has still an imbalanced risk vs reward problem.
They had books/chalice on release, but they didnt give mechanic points.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#23 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:25 pm

They do not know how to do this ... in fact many promises about skins made more than 3 years ago have never been implemented despite many appearance options being shown. = O

DirkDaring

Post#24 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:51 am

I always liked the WP keep lord with the small kite shield , a shield like that , would be nice

Onemantankwall

Post#25 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 am

Whats funny is they had a great melee heal to base wp/dok off of (daoc friar would whoop both of em) WAR was just the ugly step child no one wanted to claim
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#26 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:06 pm

It would be nice to know what wp/dok player lack to make the career viable as a melee healer . Myth mention risk /reward issues , maybe we can think about how make it working
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Silodin

Post#27 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Proximity heals with increased effect the closer you are. A heal targetted 65bft away will heall 100 while a 20 ft one will heal 250. Yes this may promote babysitting on ranged but the classes still have meleenrange abilities that can compliment it.
<Not Good Enough> <NGE>
Silomon 40/80 Knight
Silodone 40/75 Chosen

nailinthehead

Post#28 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Make base heal part of sigmar radiance go off at attack not on hit and add more block on buckler. Right now grace also lack gear choices.

And pleeeeease change that buckler skin for something more shield-like.

Ads
ajnin420
Suspended

Post#29 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:09 pm

I play grace from time to time and see a good amout of wins/viability. Yes it can be countered easily but in the right hands is really fun. Only change id like is to see sacrifice have its cd reduced by 5 sec.

Penril

Post#30 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:06 pm It would be nice to know what wp/dok player lack to make the career viable as a melee healer . Myth mention risk /reward issues , maybe we can think about how make it working
First you really need to ask yourself if it isn't working.

For large scale WB v WB? Nope, it sucks.
For competitive 6-man play, taking the spot of a full backline healer? Nope, it sucks.
For soloing? It is pretty good.
For duoing with a tank? It is pretty good.

Just because a spec is bad for a certain playstyle does not mean the spec is crap/useless. As i said in several other threads, the problem is players trying to play a certain way with a spec that is clearly not designed for it. Then we have people asking for AoE specs for WH/WE, Warband specs for WL, Pounce to SWs/SHs, or in this case a rework of melee healing aimed for 6v6 (i assume?).

TL;DR: Melee healing was never meant to be as good as full backline healing, nor should it do as much damage as a true mDPS. It is a "hybrid", meant to do respectable damage while also having additional heals/rez/cleanse/healer morales.