Recent Topics

Ads

Getting Influence, Renown, and Experience from Supply Crates

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
RayleEntair

Getting Influence, Renown, and Experience from Supply Crates

Post#1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:55 pm

I LOVE the idea of having Battlefield Objectives dropping supply crates, And having those grant you progress towards zone victory.
But, I still have a problem with Tier 1, And solo-play.. It doesn't give Influence Points. It's still cataclysmically difficult to max out the Influence Bars for all of the Tier 1 RvR Zones.

My thinking is this; Before the changes, You would get Experience Points, Renown Points, and Influence Points every few seconds by standing next to the flag. It was a very small amount, But it allowed solo players and tier 1 players to get influence points, and to help level up a bit.

It would be great if delivering the supply boxes gave the same amount of points. That way you're contributing to the zone capture, But if you're playing solo or are in an unpopulated zone, You can still get stuff.

The initial reaction is that it would be a bad idea because then it would cause players to try to fight over who delivers the boxes. But my fix to that is simply have those small point rewards be given to everyone in the zone. I know that might sound extreme at first, but hear me out.

The amount of EXP/RR/INF you used to get from standing near a flag was a very very small amount, It DID add up over time, But still a small amount. And now with the changes, Even if you control all battlefield objectives, And have dedicated parties set up to ferry the boxes as soon as they pop up, You'd still only be getting points equal to 4 tics of defending a Battlefield Objective pre-patch each time a full set of boxes was delivered.

It seems like the best fix for everyone. Solo-Players can still progress, Tier 1 Players can now progress more easily, Because It's zone-wide, There's no competition for who is the box carrier is and everyone benefits from it!

Discuss;

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Getting Influence, Renown, and Experience from Supply Crates

Post#2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:14 am

the hotfix added xp, renown and inf gain from supplies in t1

mogt

Post#3 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am

is that bug that the supllies give no influnece in t2 -t4?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 am

mogt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am is that bug that the supllies give no influnece in t2 -t4?
If thats the case its a missed implementation on my part. Sounds like a bugreport thing :D

mogt

Post#5 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:45 am

okay ^^

fungame211

Post#6 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:44 am

What is the best way to level at T1 now, if flags don't give exp/rr/inf?

Can anybody explain to me if it is possible to revert the change anytime soon?

Gangan

Post#7 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:26 am

fungame211 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:44 am What is the best way to level at T1 now, if flags don't give exp/rr/inf?

Can anybody explain to me if it is possible to revert the change anytime soon?
Fight in RvR, Drop boxes at your warcamp, SCs, do quests/PvE.
There is more than just standing at a Flag in T1 :shock:
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald