Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage - Need rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Penril

Re: Rampage - Need rework

Post#41 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:36 pm

oaliaen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:12 pm rampage will never be fine whit 100% parry /block strikethrough
People used to say the same about other skills. I mentioned on another thread how the nerfs on Crippling Strikes, Big Brawlin, morale pump tactics and other things affected Destro severely when facing a highly mobile Order group. And before someone says "but but ORDAH", i am pretty sure some nerfs there like Skirm SW, Dirty Tricks, Flashfire, WoH, etc. have surely affected some setups and their overall performance against specific Destro groups.

Stop with the unnecessary nerfs. Revert the previous changes made by one guy who had no clue. Then, when you can easily perma snare the Slayer and reduce his damage by 25% you will see that Rampage is not OP. Not one bit.

(I am 99% sure those changes won't be reverted, which is pretty sad... my intent with these posts is simply to stop FUTURE unnecessary nerfs).

Ads
normanis

Post#42 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:28 pm

shater limbs and infernal doom is nerfed, byt buffed is only 1 skill retribution, and maby ( some think its nerf) spellbreaker. 1 tactic is given what give u 3 free excautions for both clases in 2h tree
choppa have more wounds what is good also absorb morale ( very good morale) +25% crit damage is also good. slayer also has similar crit damage tactic what is based on wounds ( fierce might) . the only 1 thing is choppa have aoe pull and slayer have aoe infernal doom. ( i dont mind change infernal doom with aoe pull in and remove rampage from game , replace it with restora all app based on rage( same as choppa).
just dont forget bg and black orc have channel block increase , order dont have it. also when i look on some bg can have 70%parry and about 80%dosge/distr not mention chosen free +50parry now bg have also block tactic. if gm remove rampage or heavy nerf it, its will cause heavy disbalance. slayer rapmage is counter deastro heavy defence like block and parry.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#43 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:30 pm

i agree with restore all clases changes what is maden to game.

Cimba

Post#44 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:54 pm You cant mantain overperformig stuff in game just because there are other problems i game...with this mentality is worthless touch anything have a start point and vision.

Also what you are propose to do on bo is dumb why any should go that route and loose all left mastery? For gimp himself? Suggest a route where a comp not gimp himself to counter slayer instead! as i said above there is not.

Also i don't know about you but new rage drop tactic its pretty good for any build, it's basically wrote upon it +25% dmg and remove any meccanic malus jeez..

I'm not answer to rest i've alredy explained what and when happen

"Paganini" dont repeat...and is just useless keep argue if we share 2 diff visions.
You maintain the Rampage is overperforming but it becomes increasingly obvious that you have never actually played a slayer above pug level. A route where you dont gimp yourself on BO? Well take middle tree cool down increaser. Slayer relies heavly on being able to spam backstyle for his damage. Put a 5 sec CD on it and 95% of the slayers on this server stop using skills altogther for 2-5 seconds before they notice. Even then they have to compromise on damage.

While we're at gimping yourself. Thats all you do if you pick that rage drop tactic. Since Giantslayer is **** you either loose ID or healdebuff if you want to pick it up. Even if you have it, it is not all roses, especially when you play Skavenslayer because you need to continuously use Exhaust styles to stay in yellow. Problem is now that the AOE exhausts do **** damage so you loose on that end and wild swings even cost a whooping 55 AP. Of course you have the knockdown and enverting blow but by blowing these cooldowns just to stay in yellow you gimp yourself and the group more than any benefit you gain.
And what exactly do you gain? Its not like you can stay and fight when Demolishing Strike, Tzeentch Talons etc gets dropped on your ass. You need to get out anyway.

Toshutkidup

Post#45 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Name a class that I shouldn't beat 1v1 w/Rampage, I will show you a video of that class beating me 1v1. Again people will say but you play 1v1, this is a 6v6 / WB game so I dont matter.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

normanis

Post#46 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:54 pm

why noone complain about feinted positions? its abilitie what allow do same as rampage + ignore armor if spam argonizing wounds. and its viable in t1 core abilitie. u dont train it from mastery tree.

Tesq

Post#47 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:55 pm

normanis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:30 pm i agree with restore all clases changes what is maden to game.
Yes lets restore kobs buffing

10% off crit
10% heal crit to all grouo

JeeZ

@penr i dont agree some stuff had to be nerfed but it has been nerfed BAD or overnerfed.

Cs-->for some reason instead use live implentation and not let cs stack on ror it stacked. Bad nerf for wrong reason and also by not follow live dmg reduction stacking rule (not additive but proportional).

DT --->as said above giving 20% crits was stupid by just block tactic was not removed by was brought in line with other 10% crit tactics in game

2 exemple of a nerf well done and an abomination of nerf.

Morales tactics are always been a hard thing to balance especially till def morales will not work to some extend vs off morales cant blame anything on those changes tought they could bad been handled better.

There are other exemple of "if thing were handled based on values alredy present in game or by follow love implementation a nerf would had not be required.

Woh was simply wrong as effect mirror chosen heal aoe debuff since order lack it point, there was no need for a double spi debuff dam...

Dammy095

Post#48 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:56 pm

not even close, ignoring armor is one thing ( you can ignore like 70% wit good weapon skill)
completely ignoring core game mechanics ( including morales) is another

Ads
Penril

Post#49 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Cimba wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:54 pm
Also what you are propose to do on bo is dumb why any should go that route and loose all left mastery? For gimp himself? Suggest a route where a comp not gimp himself to counter slayer instead! as i said above there is not.
You maintain the Rampage is overperforming but it becomes increasingly obvious that you have never actually played a slayer above pug level.

@tesq: Why would you lose left mastery if going for NidF? Ever since AoE snare got nerfed, Da Boss isn't that good anymore. The only thing worth taking there is the KD (why was it moved in the first place? geez these stupid changes...) and other classes in your group might have one already. CD increaser though, not many classes take it and it can be pretty strong against a kiting RP (no flash hel spam), WH (Torment), WP (group heal), WL (Pounce), etc. etc.

@Cimba: Most people asking for a nerf on the other realm have never actually played on that side. I remember tesq was asking for a bazillion WL nerfs a long time ago and when i asked him if he had even played a WL, he said NO. As for Slayer, i don't now if he has one, but playing a class does not immediately make you knowledgeable about it. If it were like that i would be a master at all 24 classes, yet i suck at healing, SH and few others (someone will say i suck at all i'm sure, which would still prove my point).

Is Dansaran still a balance mod around here? These threads should be locked and moved to the BDF (useful or not, that's for another debate). At least there we have rules to avoid silly arguments from people who have no clue about the class they want to buff/nerf.

normanis

Post#50 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:07 pm

at tesq , byt we dont see much class changes lately. it doesnt mean if we talk about rampage aoe choppa pull and some ather clases, they will be fixed.
in my opinion there is talks in balance forum where gm look and just conversations what boil ppl nervs. and latter they feel bad insade because he have good idea byt evryone **** on him.
what ppl need to do is make balance propossal about 1 abilitie and only stick to it. ppl in comments should only talk about it and say their level /rr and expierence with class.
like it was with white lion. ppl come here and just shiting even they never play as slayer or choppa